" Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response" - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15069793
"For the United States, the answers are especially worrying because the government has intentionally rendered itself incapable. In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure."

"Building on the Ebola experience, the Obama administration set up a permanent epidemic monitoring and command group inside the White House National Security Council (NSC) and another in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—both of which followed the scientific and public health leads of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the diplomatic advice of the State Department."

That is gone.

"And an independent, bipartisan panel formed by the Center for Strategic and International Studies concluded that lack of preparedness was so acute in the Trump administration that the “United States must either pay now and gain protection and security or wait for the next epidemic and pay a much greater price in human and economic costs.”

Elections have consequences...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/coronavirus-china-trump-united-states-public-health-emergency-response/
#15069836
How is he going to wiggle out of this one and blame the Democrats?

He already said that the virus doesn't like heat and will be gone by April, comrade Xi told him so, so it must be right. :knife:

He could really kick the shit out of the Chinese now because of the virus, but he won't because he doesn't want to compromise his chances of getting a trade deal before the elections.
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15069869
Patrickov wrote:To be fair, "kicking the shit out of someone" in American style often means imperialist intervention in the eyes of anti-imperialists.

According to Atlantis, imperialism is okay if member-nations of the EU do it, but is not okay if the British do it. Because fuck the Brits. Lol. ;)
#15069872
blackjack21 wrote:The virus kills old people. So it may just help cut Medicare and Social Security.


Yeah, it'll kill obese old Donald and his obese followers with notoriously high blood pressure.

Potemkin wrote:According to Atlantis, imperialism is okay if member-nations of the EU do it, but is not okay if the British do it. Because fuck the Brits. Lol. ;)


I know it'll fall on deaf ears, but the federal structure of the EU effectively prevents imperialism. The imperialists scumbags know this perfectly well because they attack the EU for lacking the decisiveness required of imperialism.

But I love it when the closet imperialists are having their coming out.

Atlantis wrote:He could really kick the shit out of the Chinese now because of the virus, but he won't because he doesn't want to compromise his chances of getting a trade deal before the elections.


I guess the urges are too strong to pass this one by. Pompeo is hitting out at the axis of evil from Beijing to Tehran. Just begs the question which is the third capital in the axis, is it Seoul or is it Rome? Mike needs to do a bit of hard thinking here. I know it's asking too much of the man :lol:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Tuesday hit out at China and Iran for their response to the outbreak of coronavirus, accusing the two governments of censorship and of trying to cover up the severity of the spread of the deadly illness.
#15069876
blackjack21 wrote:The virus kills old people. So it may just help cut Medicare and Social Security.


The fallacy here is that the cost to respond to this virus, and the economic slow down it's causing is FAAAARR larger than the cost of social security and medicare for old people.


Anyway, we'll be FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nothing to worry about.
#15069878
blackjack21 wrote:The virus kills old people. So it may just help cut Medicare and Social Security.


You and I are going to be part of the senior community Relampaguito. Here in Mexico? That means when I am 55 (next year) I get to ride the public buses and vans for either 5 cents or for free.

I don't know about you? But I am fighting for my children and the children of Mexico and the world! I want them to have great lives.

I don't care that much about me anymore. I have had a great life so far and am satisfied with what the world has given me.

I hope you have a plan who you are going to leave that lovely home in California to? Are you going to get married and have babies in your fifties? A lot of men do you know....or if you won't leave your intelligent DNA for the future? I hope you give it to some family who shares your point of views of the world and need a home.

Or a nephew or two.

Live for other people BJ.

You lived a great life in terms of not living in deprivation. Give others a chance at a good life in the future. Cheering on the death of seniors I happen to love talking to....is not very humane.

El Corazon. It is not a luxury Relampaguito. It is the core of immortality.

For you....a Puerto Rican old man wrote this song and it is sung by a Mexican American singer famous for his style....here he is for you:

The original version:




The Santana rock styled version....two old men who are fun! Come on BJ....next year you will be a senior on the Denny's Menu in California. Hee hee hee.




Cultural mixture works in music. It could work for you too....
#15069881
Tainari88 wrote:You and I are going to be part of the senior community Relampaguito. Here in Mexico? That means when I am 55 (next year) I get to ride the public buses and vans for either 5 cents or for free.



Ride the bus for free? What the fuck man? You fucking freeloader!

I think we should kick all old people on the street at age 60.
#15069889
Every single time I read about the virus and its rapid spread I can't help but think back to a few weeks ago when Wilbur Ross, our commerce secretary told us that the virus would be good for American workers. Don't worry kids, Donald's team of the best and the brightest will protect us.

Image

Wilber ^ on the job.
#15069912
If @blackjack21 is right and the aim is to kill the elderly, US life expectancy will take another nose dive. The US already has one of the lowest life expectancy among OECD countries and the tendency is falling while life expectancy is rising in most other countries. I guess that the US plutocracy looks approvingly on this trend which will remove some useless mouths among the unwashed masses.

Image
#15069942
But look at the top-notch brains he has put onto handling the virus:

A member of Trump's coronavirus task force asks Twitter to help locating a map of the epidemic

An online dashboard tracking COVID-19 cases around the world went temporarily offline due to high site traffic.
One user, Acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security Ken Cuccinelli, asked Twitter if they knew the issue.
Many Twitter users were concerned such a high-level government official was asking the public for answers, rather than the other way around.


In a reply to the tweet, he said it appeared that Johns Hopkins, whose map he linked to, had put the information behind a membership wall.

“Seems like bad timing to stop helping the world with this (previously) useful resource. Here's hoping it goes back up soon,” he said.

Many were concerned that Cuccinelli, as a member of President Trump’s coronavirus task force, didn’t have direct access to the CDC’s numbers and was relying on a third party source.
...
By then, the map tracking COVID-19 around the world was back online after an outage Johns Hopkins said — on Twitter, of course— was caused by high site traffic.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... force-asks

This is a man who knows how to leverage the full resources of government! Twitter is always the best place for solving government access to data!
#15069949
blackjack21 wrote:The virus kills old people. So it may just help cut Medicare and Social Security.


It will bankrupt a lot of people, probably the worst case scenario for republicans. Basically a full scale pandemic will give a free win to Bernie/Warren type.
#15069955
Atlantis wrote:If @blackjack21 is right and the aim is to kill the elderly, US life expectancy will take another nose dive. The US already has one of the lowest life expectancy among OECD countries and the tendency is falling while life expectancy is rising in most other countries. I guess that the US plutocracy looks approvingly on this trend which will remove some useless mouths among the unwashed masses.


Hell yea, fuck poor people.

By the way, in 2019, the US saw an increase in life expectancy.
#15069962
Rancid wrote:Ride the bus for free? What the fuck man? You fucking freeloader!

I think we should kick all old people on the street at age 60.


Oh I am so hurt! Kick me to the curb?

You Quisqueyano.....YOU!!

I know who you are!! Muchacho malo....

A merengue for you......You Miami Texas schemer....with penis fixations!!

#15069984
Rancid wrote:Hell yea, fuck poor people.

By the way, in 2019, the US saw an increase in life expectancy.

Many people that died in 2019 and 2020 were over 100 years old, like Kirk Douglas at 103. But many others die much younger as in the case of Coby Bryant and his daughter in the helicopter crash.
#15069986
Potemkin wrote:According to Atlantis, imperialism is okay if member-nations of the EU do it, but is not okay if the British do it. Because fuck the Brits. Lol. ;)


I do not have prejudice against others like that, although I do have a high regard of British / Anglosphere Imperialism -- admittedly, though, the United States implementation is a bad form of it.
#15070126
Don't worry kids Donald will protect you. As proof of this he says his administration is “doing a great job” with a virus that the Centers for Disease Control said would inevitably hit American shores.

Perhaps we ought to be calling this a real emergency and divert money from the wall, you know, that other so-called "emergency". So far, the death rate is about 2% which is slightly greater than the death rate of the flu pandemic of 1918-19. The potential for deaths ranges in the many tens of millions.

This is the real deal. This is not a time for political spin and disinformation from government officials, especially from the President of the United States. Obese Donald proves once again that he is in waaaay over his head. It would be nice if he would just shut the fuck up and let some sane and competent adults deal with the problem in an intelligent fashion. Crowds of screaming idiots wearing red beanies isn't going to fix this one.
#15070162
My favorite part of this is that apparently Trump dismantled whatever emergency disease response plans were in place because Obama did it.

You know it happened like this: one day the president was angry and his Executive Time in front of Fox News wasn't calming him down, so an aide ran in and said, "Sign this to undo something Obama did!" and that was it.
#15070169
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

136K
4:42 PM - Feb 24, 2020

Using the rule of thumb that truth is the opposite of most of what Obese Donald tweets , things don't look so good.

ps …… stock market dropped another 1000 points after Donald claimed it "looked very good" to him.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 176

For instance, anti-pronography is generally a rel[…]

Hitler was Sun of God

to punish humanity for its sins. What sins? Hum[…]

The 8values Quiz

They do say that the Closest Match is a work in p[…]

Why isn't she wearing a mask? :eh: If I had been[…]