Perfect storm? - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
I don't get it @Finfinder,

@Saeko said this:
Saeko wrote:* However, they then add all kinds of ludicrous bullshit of their own

That basically means, all the shit you are railing about. Sooooooo ??
By Julian658
Finfinder wrote:"some ludicrous BS " Are going with that? LOL when you were pretty specific about the Republicans intentions. I felt like maybe people should understand what ludicrous looks like when it holds up a bill for days. Did you read my post? I said at least be fare about it. Just calling it as I see it.

What really saddens me is that the left is rooting for more Corona Virus and economic chaos to see if they can win in November 2020 and push the race gender identity agenda.
By late
Julian658 wrote:
What really saddens me is that the left is rooting for more Corona Virus and economic chaos to see if they can win in November 2020 and push the race gender identity agenda.

Pssst, it's a Democratic hoax, pass it on!
By Julian658
late wrote:Pssst, it's a Democratic hoax, pass it on!

The hoax is the meme pushed by the left that Trumps is doing nothing about Corona. Or that Trump should have declared an emergency when there was one infected patient in the entire USA. Or that he is too optimistic instead of preaching pessimism.
By late
Julian658 wrote:
The hoax is the meme pushed by the left

Ohhh, you mean facts. Like how the hoax was a Right wing meme...

I got a kook translator ring in a Cracker Jack box yesterday.
By Finfinder
Rancid wrote:I don't get it @Finfinder,

@Saeko said this:

That basically means, all the shit you are railing about. Sooooooo ??

Except for the fact that no one who is supposed to be making an honest argument got around to posting this important information , proves this hasn't been an honest debate . I would think that everyone in our country should be wondering why $35 million dollars of pork was earmarked to go to the Kennedy Center. When time is supposedly of the essence why are both sides of congress fucking around like this?

The King Makers tending to their flock.

Julian658 wrote:What really saddens me is that the left is rooting for more Corona Virus and economic chaos to see if they can win in November 2020 and push the race gender identity agenda.

Think about it name a piece of legislation or behavior in congressional oversight where the liberasl actually didn't lie ,rig, or cheat the system. They are in big trouble, they can't enact policy because because its unpopular, and therefore cannot govern and this is what it looks like now.
Last edited by Finfinder on 24 Mar 2020 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
By Rancid
Finfinder wrote:When time is supposedly of the essence why are both sides of congress fucking around like this?

Simple, because they care more about their political maneuvering than the country.
By Godstud
Rich wrote:Oh my mistake I thought the Senate was elected in free and fair elections in the united States, but I guess it must be appointed by the head of government like in Thailand. Yeah pardon my ignorance, I thought you were allowed criticise the head of State in the United States, I thought you were even able to criticise or mock the Head of State's pets in the United States, but no I'm sure you're right The US is no different to Thailand.
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit with you, I see.

Yes Thailand has a different governing system, which is similar to that of Canada, UK, etc. even though you can't seem to understand how that works, and are not atall interested.

Having very strong anti-defamation laws is one difference, but there are very few others. These are linked with their culture, more than anything else, but you lacking any might be why you can't understand it.

Thailand has a system of face, and personal honour where insulting people can have serious consequences, even to the point where talking shit on FaceBook, can get you into trouble. It's what they want.

I never said the US was no different to Thailand, so take your strawman somewhere else.

blackjack21 wrote:We're talking about the China Coronavirus pandemic. You are simply making it another reason to attack the United States, which seems to be a bit of a fetish for you.
I am keeping with the topic. You are not. You and Rich seem to have a fetish for spouting out conspiracy theories arguing from a position of ignorance. I was not "attacking the United States", so no need to declare war, Snowflake. Any criticism is seen as such by your kind, though, isn't it?

The topic is the pandemic as it applies in the USA. A topic which seems to be a soft spot amongst Americans who think their country can do not wrong(i.e. @Rich @blackjack21 . Were I to go ranting off about Thailand and Canada, I would be off topic. I am sure were this thread about how Canada's handling it, you'd be commenting as well, as is your right, on a political forum.

blackjack21 wrote:At any rate, Trump bought time by enacting travel bans, which is awesome.
Don't forget to give him a rimjob while you're down there. Getting in those licks a bit late, aren't you? Most other countries have already done that before US even contemplated it.
By blackjack21
Godstud wrote:I was not "attacking the United States", so no need to declare war, Snowflake. Any criticism is seen as such by your kind, though, isn't it?

The reason this is a global pandemic is because of China. Other countries on a per capita basis are worse hit than the US.

Godstud wrote:The topic is the pandemic as it applies in the USA.

@late's insinuation in his OP is that people in the US will die, because the US doesn't have universal coverage. Italy has universal coverage and they are letting some people die, because their national health system doesn't have enough ventilators. As a result, Italy has a death rate of 112.9 per 1M people. The US has a death rate is 2.4 per 1M.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

Godstud wrote:Most other countries have already done that before US even contemplated it.

No they didn't; namely, China, which is why the world has this problem in the first place.

Godstud wrote:I was not "attacking the United States", so no need to declare war, Snowflake. Any criticism is seen as such by your kind, though, isn't it?

The reason this is a global pandemic is because of China. Other countries on a per capita basis are worse hit than the US.

Godstud wrote:The topic is the pandemic as it applies in the USA.

@late's insinuation in his OP is that people in the US will die, because the US doesn't have universal coverage. Italy has universal coverage and they are letting some people die, because their national health system doesn't have enough ventilators. As a result, Italy has a death rate of 112.9 per 1M people. The US has a death rate is 2.4 per 1M.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

Godstud wrote:Most other countries have already done that before US even contemplated it.

No they didn't; namely, China, which is why the world has this problem in the first place.
By Hindsite
Saeko wrote:Wow, that's quite the microscope you've got there Mr. Snowflake. Maybe I need to tell you where to shove it?

Buy your own shovel. :lol:
Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
Thailand now has a nation-wide curfew(7 PM to 7 AM). They are preventing people from moving to different provinces if they do, they have to be quarantined for 14 days, with the clinic checking in every 3 days. Police and neighbours are enforcing the quarantines. People have to stay in their own town.

My friend's girlfriend's sister just flew in from Bangkok. She was picked up in the truck, but had to sit in the box. She's now under house"arrest" for 14 days. Food deliveries are easy to get.

We have a few people here, from Sweden who cannot get home, due to restrictions. Closing all ground borders took place over a weeks ago.

Want to visit Thailand? Must have had COVID test within 72 hours of departing, and have at least $100,000 USD health insurance, in case of sickness.

Note: If a foreigner have a work permit in Thailand, the test is free. If not, the coronavirus test costs about $35 USD, for foreigners.

Thailand has only had 934 coronavirus cases so far, and 4 deaths. They're kicking it into high gear BEFORE things get worse. I am not sure if they did it in time, but we'll see.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

You really can't play it straight, can you.

More people will die because people without adequate health care are disease vectors.
By blackjack21
late wrote:More people will die because people without adequate health care are disease vectors.

Having no health insurance doesn't make you a disease vector. Having a communicable disease does. Italy has a national health service. Look what is happening there.

You're the type of person who feels cozy and safe if you think the government is looking out for your health care. Government-run systems are run by people. People are fallible. Government-run systems are fallible. I'm the opposite of someone like you. I see how government-run systems operate--often hopelessly inefficient--and feel anxiety at the thought of entrusting my life to government-run systems.
By Patrickov
blackjack21 wrote:Having no health insurance doesn't make you a disease vector. Having a communicable disease does. Italy has a national health service. Look what is happening there.

This argument only holds if the said national health service lacks quality (as suggested by the paragraph I did not quote). Is the hidden message here be that the United States has poor-quality healthcare?

EDIT:
Government taking over more responsibility does not necessarily mean that common people do not have the freedom to choose something else. In Hong Kong both public and private healthcare are decent. I am sure the United States can do that even better.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
Having no health insurance doesn't make you a disease vector. Having a communicable disease does. Italy has a national health service. Look what is happening there.

I see we're rewriting science again.

Without health care they are more likely to get sick, less likely that it will be detected. Which makes them a disease highway...

I knew that 30 years ago.
By Julian658
late wrote:I see we're rewriting science again.

Without health care they are more likely to get sick, less likely that it will be detected. Which makes them a disease highway...

I knew that 30 years ago.

Poor people tend to have much more self-induced disease and are not as good in practicing social distancing. Some are downright nihilistic and do not give a shyte. So you may be correct.
By late
Julian658 wrote:
Poor people tend to have much more self-induced disease and are not as good in practicing social distancing. Some are downright nihilistic and do not give a shyte. So you may be correct.

A conclusion that's easy to arrive at if you can't distinguish cause from effect.
By Julian658
late wrote:A conclusion that's easy to arrive at if you can't distinguish cause from effect.

There is an epidemic of obesity among those that are welfare recipients-----this is a first in world history. IN ancient times the rich were fat and the poor were skinny. Now the rich are skinny and the poor obese. Humans were not designed for the excess calories of the developed world.
By late
Julian658 wrote:
this is a first in world history.

Great Depression.

If you treat people as assets to be cultivated, you get an entirely different outcome.
By Julian658
late wrote:Great Depression.

If you treat people as assets to be cultivated, you get an entirely different outcome.

We are in agreement. People need to fish on their own. Giving them fish causes destruction of the human spirit.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

We were once wild before wheat and other grains do[…]

Now the argument seems to be changing and words by[…]

You're funny. https://www.amazon.co[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government could have simply told UNRW[…]