Failure Junkies - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
The American Right doesn't just love failure, they worship it.

Contradicting science is part of that religion. You can see it easily in climate change, but you can also see it easily in the way Trump blew off warnings that a deadly virus was coming our way.

He also blew off our one chance to deal with it before it was spreading like wildfire.

Now the Right wants other people to pay the price for their failure. But it's not just old people dying. Docs and nurses and young adults will be dying.

Conservatives hate chaos. You can't really blame them. (The American Right are radicals these days, the opposite of conservative)

But writing off a million people isn't conservative, it's an invitation for chaos to break loose. That would be a cascade failure, or a series of cascade failures. The cost of that is an open question.

“You can tell you’ve found a really interesting question when nobody wants you to answer it.”
The Expanse

The Right doesn't want to look into it it because it admits things that would be politically suicidal. They are also addicted to their lies.

If I can find an economist that's doing a comparative analysis, I'll let you know. But I doubt there's enough time.

But it's worth mentioning that either way we are choosing between failures.

This is a textbook case on how not to govern.
By Ter
Anti Trump thread #61

I am worried about the following:
If the TDS is that bad, what will @late do in case Trump gets re-elected ?
By late
Ter wrote:
I am worried about the following:
If the TDS is that bad, what will @late do in case Trump gets re-elected?

Same, provide a running commentary on the decline and fall of the country..
By Patrickov
late wrote:Same, provide a running commentary on the decline and fall of the country..

I suggest someone to take one for the team and do some serious sweeping work.
By late
Patrickov wrote:
I suggest someone to take one for the team and do some serious sweeping work.

Perhaps you could explain that.
By Patrickov
late wrote:Perhaps you could explain that.

Carry out justice where it has failed. As I said, have some solutions implemented.

You probably know what should be the solution yourself (it does not necessarily have to be what I think is). Maybe the problem is how, rather than what, to do.

It is highly depressing and unproductive to give commentary (rant) for the opposite of your wishes. If opposites of wishes have to be unleashed on somebody, unleash it on your enemies.

I use second-person pronoun in this post because I actually feel angry on how this kind of depression has been dragging on for ages.

In Canada, Indigenous people have been harassed ri[…]

That was weird

No, it won't Only the Democrats will be hurt by t[…]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]