It has started - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By blackjack21
late wrote:We are in this position because Trump didn't like some disease messing with his plans. IOW, he decided to let Americans die because it wasn't convenient for him.

So assuming this is true, are you suggesting that Nancy Pelosi impeach him for this?

late wrote:But the number of American infections is now rising uniquely fast, with 96,000 new cases in the last week — more than twice as many as in any seven-day period in any other country.

Most of them in the New York Metropolitan area--a place governed exclusively by Democrats, like that dumb bitch Dr. Oxiris Barbot.

late wrote:And the longer that the country is gripped by the virus, the deeper that the economic downturn will be. Austan Goolsbee, a University of Chicago professor, refers to this as the first rule of “virus economics” "

While you know full well the Dems are certain to saturate TV time with ads pointing out Trump's failures, the nail in the coffin is that people that voted for Trump will feel disappointed or betrayed. And with good reason..

I voted for Trump and I do not feel disappointed or betrayed. I am taking advantage of the panic to make good long-term stock buys. I still have about half my portfolio in cash, as I expect another panic sell off to crush the weak and levered longs.

late wrote:There was a reform movement spearheaded by Docs to improve our ability to handle pandemics.

If you were an intellectual, back in the 90s, this was everywhere. We didn't do much. I've been expecting this.

So doctors failed. Remember, Bill Clinton was president back in the 1990s. So you might want to tighten up your lame rhetoric.

late wrote:I think I have a mild case of the Corona virus right now, I haven't stepped outside in a week.

I think I had something like that in December. Mild fever, no sore throat, a dry unproductive cough that won't quit for weeks... Sucked. Ruined my holidays.

late wrote:I am not a happy camper...

You seem like a sanguine anti-Trumper.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

So doctors failed. Remember, Bill Clinton was president back in the 1990s. So you might want to tighten up your lame rhetoric.

Credit where credit is due, the Docs did a superb job. But Republicans were having none of it.

That era was characterised by the opposite of reform.

We did do some changes, but the real challenges, like surge capacity, went untouched.

Point is, Trump is acting like this is some brand new thing that nobody knew about. In reality, Clinton, Bush2 and Obama all knew about it, and worked to improve pandemic readiness, even if the results were limited.

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]