It is time for Biden to step aside - Page 28 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Donna wrote:Biden is the perfect candidate for a party with a big tent because he can be turned into the most progressive presidential nominee in a long time while at the same time also being safe for progressives to criticize for being too centrist or right-wing. In who else can you get that kind of efficiency out of a single candidate? It's actually kind of ideal to have someone like Joe Biden as president.

Actually Biden may very well be perfect for the most lefty faction of the party. With Biden as a figurehead the extreme left could push their crazoid agenda while pretending they are close to the center with Biden as the figurehead. This will be true if Biden picks someone like Stacey Abrams. I understand Trump is asking for this. IF 45 had kept his mouth quiet and showed empathy for minorities he would easily win. But, the dude is out of control with his narcissism. Which one would you choose? Dementia or narcissism?
Last edited by Julian658 on 25 Jun 2020 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote:@Finfinder

The so-called "deep state" is mostly a right wing scarecrow. There really is no such thing as an organized entity. So back at you Finfinder. What policies of Biden's are there with which you disagree. Sources please.

Really, you don't answer the question then ask me to answer it for you with sources. :lol: Gee wiz you almost got me. I was beginning to think maybe you were not a bigot but then you just displayed the supposed intelligence of those you openly despise.
Biden is the perfect candidate for a party with a big tent because he can be turned into the most progressive presidential nominee in a long time while at the same time also being safe for progressives to criticize for being too centrist or right-wing. In who else can you get that kind of efficiency out of a single candidate? It's actually kind of ideal to have someone like Joe Biden as president.

This.

Biden starts out with the chops of a lame duck president. He may well be setting up the shot for 2024 as well. Biden is, though, unlike Trump, someone with a great deal of experience in governing. He will be no patsy.

What a masterful stroke it would be if he could convince Michelle Obama to run for VP. I doubt she will but if she did Trump could schedule how Tee times right now.

Really, you don't answer the question then ask me to answer it for you with sources. :lol: Gee wiz you almost got me. I was beginning to think maybe you were not a bigot but then you just displayed the supposed intelligence of those you openly despise.

So you are really having a swiftness problem, aren't you. You said:

What policies does Joe Biden stand for that would make you want to support the Deep State running the executive branch?

I replied:
The so-called "deep state" is mostly a right wing scarecrow. There really is no such thing as an organized entity. So back at you Finfinder. What policies of Biden's are there with which you disagree. Sources please.

So you claim I did not "answer your question". :lol:

You asked a question very much like "what color are unicorns". I answered very much like, "there aren't any fucking unicorns. They are made up".

Now surely even a Trump supporter is smart enough to understand this. So to the extent you had a question worth answering (and you really didn't) I did answer it. So I asked you a legitimate question. Which of Biden's policy positions are the ones with which you disagree?

(Whispering to the crowd...You can either wait for Finfinder's answer or you can watch this evening's Fox News pundits.)
Julian658 wrote:Actually Biden may very well be perfect for the most lefty faction of the party. With Biden as a figurehead the extreme left could push their crazoid agenda while pretending they are close to the center with Biden as the figurehead. This will be true if Biden picks someone like Stacey Abrams. I understand Trump is asking for this. IF 45 had kept his mouth quiet and showed empathy for minorities he would easily win. But, the dude is out of control with his narcissism. Which one would you choose? Dementia or narcissism?

Actually, narcissism is a more destructive force if you were asking for realz.
That being said, Biden does not have dementia. Dementia is defined as cognitive decline that severely interferes with daily life. Things like grocery shopping and balancing a checkbook all of the sudden becomes harder to do. Although I don't think Biden is doing his own shopping or doing his own finances, mostly because he doesn't have to and probably his life is plenty complicated as it is, with the degree of media exposure that he has, he couldn't really hide such degree of cognitive decline. Does he have a mild cognitive impairment? He might, you can argue that everyone over 20 has some degree of this and probably everyone over 60 does.
That being said, republicans were idolizing Reagan until this other Bufon showed up and Reagan is infamously rumored to have lived his last time of presidency with Alzheimer's :lol:, so maybe dementia makes for great presidents :lol: . Joke aside, Biden is not going to be doing what Trump is attempting to do. Trump is attempting to micromanage everything, and offcourse he is plenty incompetent so most things end up being a mess, on top of that he has hired people with no experience including family members. Biden is far more likely to delegate to "safe" figureheads and function more as a figurehead than Trump, so more chances of a "professionally" run government than this amateurish shit that Trump is cooking.

Again, of the two candidates, the only one that has certified psychiatrists going on the record and signing their name and reputation to its unquestionable ineptitude to be president is Trump. Everytime you say something about Biden dementia you are just proving your own bias.

Drlee wrote:This.

Biden starts out with the chops of a lame duck president. He may well be setting up the shot for 2024 as well. Biden is, though, unlike Trump, someone with a great deal of experience in governing. He will be no patsy.

Actually I don't think Biden would run for 2024. He might, I could be wrong, but I don't think he would. As it is, he would be the oldest president to be inaugurated should he be selected and my impression of him was that he didnt really have a strong drive to run anyway. I know everyone has been talking about him running since 2016, but everything that I saw pointed towards a guy that had retired from politics and wanted to spend time with his family.

What a masterful stroke it would be if he could convince Michelle Obama to run for VP. I doubt she will but if she did Trump could schedule how Tee times right now.

I couldn't agree more. Michelle would have been the absolutely perfect candidate. Competent and loved. She did say that she had no interest in running for any office ever, and to be honest it appears the Obamas are plenty happy in their retirement so that does not seem to be an option.

Val Denims and Kamala at first glance might be the obvious options "for the black vote" but their police background is a double edge blade and I don't think he needs to take this risk.
Warren shouldn't be. For one, her policies did not align that much with Biden, if he wants to choose the person that would become president and carry his views in case he no longer could be the president, choosing someone with different views doesn't make sense. Under that paradigm, he would probably be far better with Kamala or even Klobuchar. Besides, Warren could serve to throw a bone to progressives should he want to by making her a member of cabinet, education or treasury secretary for warren could buy biden a lot of "karma points" with progressive while still having a leach and not have "the radical left" overrun the Whitehouse :lol: .
Stacey Abrams doesn't seem like a good candidate either. She doesn't have the experience, something that would be extra important to the oldest inaugurated president, and it is something that Biden already said that he wanted, "someone ready on day one". I don't think losing for governor election or serving for state legislator really qualifies as experience to be president, sorry. Technically the "experience thing" would apply to Michelle obama as well but she is such a star on everything else, and actually was on the sidelines of Barack for 8 years that this could be overlooked.
My bet is Susan Rice to be honest.
XogGyux wrote:Actually, narcissism is a more destructive force if you were asking for realz.
That being said, Biden does not have dementia. Dementia is defined as cognitive decline that severely interferes with daily life. Things like grocery shopping and balancing a checkbook all of the sudden becomes harder to do. Although I don't think Biden is doing his own shopping or doing his own finances, mostly because he doesn't have to and probably his life is plenty complicated as it is, with the degree of media exposure that he has, he couldn't really hide such degree of cognitive decline. Does he have a mild cognitive impairment? He might, you can argue that everyone over 20 has some degree of this and probably everyone over 60 does.

His MCI is over the top. And we all know many with MCI end up with Altzheimer's. But, who knows, may he is just an old fart.

That being said, republicans were idolizing Reagan until this other Bufon showed up and Reagan is infamously rumored to have lived his last time of presidency with Alzheimer's :lol:, so maybe dementia makes for great presidents :lol: . Joke aside, Biden is not going to be doing what Trump is attempting to do. Trump is attempting to micromanage everything, and offcourse he is plenty incompetent so most things end up being a mess, on top of that he has hired people with no experience including family members. Biden is far more likely to delegate to "safe" figureheads and function more as a figurehead than Trump, so more chances of a "professionally" run government than this amateurish shit that Trump is cooking.

Anyone can do better than Trump, but I suspect the Dems will fuck this election up. Let's hope the looting and destruction of monuments stops. That activity favors Trump.

Again, of the two candidates, the only one that has certified psychiatrists going on the record and signing their name and reputation to its unquestionable ineptitude to be president is Trump. Everytime you say something about Biden dementia you are just proving your own bias.

None have seen a neurologist. BTW, let's see if Biden can do a one on one with Trump. Trumps speaks like the guy down the corber where you live, so one would say it should be easy.

I couldn't agree more. Michelle would have been the absolutely perfect candidate. Competent and loved. She did say that she had no interest in running for any office ever, and to be honest it appears the Obamas are plenty happy in their retirement so that does not seem to be an option.

Val Denims and Kamala at first glance might be the obvious options "for the black vote" but their police background is a double edge blade and I don't think he needs to take this risk.
Warren shouldn't be. For one, her policies did not align that much with Biden, if he wants to choose the person that would become president and carry his views in case he no longer could be the president, choosing someone with different views doesn't make sense. Under that paradigm, he would probably be far better with Kamala or even Klobuchar. Besides, Warren could serve to throw a bone to progressives should he want to by making her a member of cabinet, education or treasury secretary for warren could buy biden a lot of "karma points" with progressive while still having a leach and not have "the radical left" overrun the Whitehouse :lol: .
Stacey Abrams doesn't seem like a good candidate either. She doesn't have the experience, something that would be extra important to the oldest inaugurated president, and it is something that Biden already said that he wanted, "someone ready on day one". I don't think losing for governor election or serving for state legislator really qualifies as experience to be president, sorry. Technically the "experience thing" would apply to Michelle obama as well but she is such a star on everything else, and actually was on the sidelines of Barack for 8 years that this could be overlooked.
My bet is Susan Rice to be honest.

Just to make a point: To choose a candidate because of skin color is racism.
Julian658 wrote:Anyone can do better than Trump, but I suspect the Dems will fuck this election up. Let's hope the looting and destruction of monuments stops. That activity favors Trump.

I don't think it helps Trump. Basically right now it is on display that the whole country is in revolt, civil disobedience, pain, suffering, despair, unhappiness, anger, violence. That does is not good for the leadership, whether democrat or republican. You might think that might energize the Trump voter, but in reality it calls for people that don't often care about politics to intervene and make change, to go to what used to work before. You know what used to work before? Not Trump. So that 40 year old mom with 2 works that didn't have time to go to vote last time around, might find it hard to skip it this time.
But who knows, the country is upside down.

Just to make a point: To choose a candidate because of skin color is racism.

Why not? Trump has appointed a couple hundred judges to life-time appointments based on age and wether or not some right-wing society recommends them.
It is not like those "black women" are unqualified, in fact they are (except perhaps Abrams, but you could even make a case for her). If you can get a qualified candidate + give a gesture of unification... isen't that a win/win? Nobody is asking him to go to the street and grab the first black woman off the street, these people being considered all good candidates.
Is it a bit morally sketchy to consider race for this? sure. Considering what Trump does on a daily basis, this wouldn't even make it to the top 1000 objectionable things in the last 4 years.
Biden needs a hook to make the progressive vote on November, that is how he wins.
Julian658 wrote:Actually Biden may very well be perfect for the most lefty faction of the party. With Biden as a figurehead the extreme left could push their crazoid agenda while pretending they are close to the center with Biden as the figurehead. This will be true if Biden picks someone like Stacey Abrams. I understand Trump is asking for this. IF 45 had kept his mouth quiet and showed empathy for minorities he would easily win. But, the dude is out of control with his narcissism. Which one would you choose? Dementia or narcissism?

So what kind of crazoid legislation is Biden going to pass? And what is wrong with Stacey Abrams? She isn't even that progressive compared to AOC or Omar.
How the heck is Biden good for left wing candidates? Because he may have dementia and is easily molded? The guy is on record supporting forms of segregation (although that's arguably leftist now), is constantly sniffing women and so-on. You guys are shills or delusional.
Wulfschilde wrote:How the heck is Biden good for left wing candidates? Because he may have dementia and is easily molded? The guy is on record supporting forms of segregation (although that's arguably leftist now), is constantly sniffing women and so-on. You guys are shills or delusional.

It doesn't really matter whether it's Biden or Beto or Buttigieg, the left can get more done by having a moderate Democrat in the White House.
Wulfschilde wrote:How the heck is Biden good for left wing candidates? Because he may have dementia and is easily molded? The guy is on record supporting forms of segregation (although that's arguably leftist now), is constantly sniffing women and so-on. You guys are shills or delusional.

Another nickname for "Dementia" Joe Biden is "Lying" Joe Biden.
XogGyux wrote:I don't think it helps Trump. Basically right now it is on display that the whole country is in revolt, civil disobedience, pain, suffering, despair, unhappiness, anger, violence. That does is not good for the leadership, whether democrat or republican. You might think that might energize the Trump voter, but in reality it calls for people that don't often care about politics to intervene and make change, to go to what used to work before. You know what used to work before? Not Trump. So that 40 year old mom with 2 works that didn't have time to go to vote last time around, might find it hard to skip it this time.
But who knows, the country is upside down.

Cities that are run by Democrats do not do well and are becoming a dystopia (Seattle, LA, SF, etc). As a centrist I do not like the violence and destruction of property. Many voters prefer law and order as well as respect,

Why not? Trump has appointed a couple hundred judges to life-time appointments based on age and wether or not some right-wing society recommends them.
It is not like those "black women" are unqualified, in fact they are (except perhaps Abrams, but you could even make a case for her). If you can get a qualified candidate + give a gesture of unification... isen't that a win/win? Nobody is asking him to go to the street and grab the first black woman off the street, these people being considered all good candidates.
Is it a bit morally sketchy to consider race for this? sure. Considering what Trump does on a daily basis, this wouldn't even make it to the top 1000 objectionable things in the last 4 years.
Biden needs a hook to make the progressive vote on November, that is how he wins.

Oh, pallez, you know quite well that selecting a black woman is pandering to the black vote and the extreme left. Biden is massively pressured to select a black woman, he has no choice. One day black Americans will wake up and realized they are been played by the Dems. The Dems heavily promote the issue of racism to get that 90% plus black vote and then NOTHING happens. The worst cities for black Americans have been under black Democratic rule for decades. It is no coincidence that the chief of police in Minneapolis and Atlanta are AA.
Donna wrote:So what kind of crazoid legislation is Biden going to pass? And what is wrong with Stacey Abrams? She isn't even that progressive compared to AOC or Omar.

Open borders which destroys poor American citizens (of all skin colors). Extreme regulations that chokes business activity, and a philosophy centered on non-economic social issues such as LGBTQIA (these are non issues for me). Higher taxes, less policing, and more pandering to blacks which have suffered in this nation for centuries at the hands of the Democrats. The Dems were always the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow till the early 1960s. Then in 1965 they decided they wanted the black vote and have destroyed the soul of black community by creating massive dependency.
Julian658 wrote:Open borders which destroys poor American citizens (of all skin colors).

Got any evidence to support this claim?

Extreme regulations that chokes business activity,

Examples?

and a philosophy centered on non-economic social issues such as LGBTQIA (these are non issues for me).

Perhaps you are homophobic/transphobic, but maybe her constituents aren't and care about those issues.

Higher taxes, less policing, and more pandering to blacks which have suffered in this nation for centuries at the hands of the Democrats.

Which taxes are you referring to? What do you mean by "less policing"?

The Dems were always the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow till the early 1960s. Then in 1965 they decided they wanted the black vote and have destroyed the soul of black community by creating massive dependency.

This reflects more on your own racist belief that black people lack personal agency than anything else. You believe blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat because they're too dumb to recognize that the Democratic Party was the party of Dixie, but this is pretty much condescending bullshit on your part.

African Americans who vote are fully aware of the history of the Democratic Party (many are older and remember the shifting party dynamics of the 1960's) and their voting patterns have more to do with the fact that both parties gradually switched platforms as a result of the New Deal, which saw the Democratic Party become the party of job creation and poverty reduction while the Republican Party become the party of white men and implicit white nationalism. After all, Barry Goldwater - a staunch segregationist who opposed civil rights - carried the Deep South for the Republicans in 1964. Nixon would unite them again in 1972 and the GOP would never be the same.
Donna wrote:Got any evidence to support this claim?

Examples?

Over 25% of construction jobs go to Hispanics. Blacks are nowhere to be seen. BTW, I am from Latin America and exclusively used Hispanic workers for all work to be done at my house. They do it quickly and for less money. Lately the cable/Internet guys are also Hispanic. Many skilled nurses at my local hospital are African and by the way they rock.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/hispa ... ations.htm

Perhaps you are homophobic/transphobic, but maybe her constituents aren't and care about those issues.

Nope, I love the LGBTQIA, I am not religious and have no issues with that. I just do not like to waste time in issues that are not problems. Other than Muslims and religious evangelicals I know no one that has problems with LGBTQIA. They hurt no one.

Which taxes are you referring to? What do you mean by "less policing"?

My taxes went up with Trump because he took away the Real State tax and mortgage deduction. I suspect, my taxes will go even higher with the Dems. Less policing will mean more crime.

This reflects more on your own racist belief that black people lack personal agency than anything else. You believe blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat because they're too dumb to recognize that the Democratic Party was the party of Dixie, but this is pretty much condescending bullshit on your part.

I think black people are as capable as anyone. However, I do not understand why they vote 90% plus for the Dems. It makes no sense as the Dem party has values that are not in agreement with most black people.

African Americans who vote are fully aware of the history of the Democratic Party (many are older and remember the shifting party dynamics of the 1960's) and their voting patterns have more to do with the fact that both parties gradually switched platforms as a result of the New Deal, which saw the Democratic Party become the party of job creation and poverty reduction while the Republican Party become the party of white men and implicit white nationalism. After all, Barry Goldwater - a staunch segregationist who opposed civil rights - carried the Deep South for the Republicans in 1964. Nixon would unite them again in 1972 and the GOP would never be the same.

Nope, most do not. And the Dems destroyed the black family with welfare programs design to encourage single motherhood.
Julian658 wrote: And the Dems destroyed the black family with welfare programs design to encourage single motherhood.

Sexual liberation and high divorce rates have liberated women and men, but also helped erode the family for all races, as single-parent households have dramatically increased.

The explosion in dual-income families now means that one income can no longer support a middle-class family, unless the lone parent makes quite a bit of money.

Dual income families and improvements in birth control technology have also meant that the birth rate for caucasians is well below replacement levels and they are going extinct, and western civilization along with it.

Dual income families also means our children are more and more being raised by strangers in daycare rather than their actual parents.

Oops.
Julian658 wrote:Over 25% of construction jobs go to Hispanics. Blacks are nowhere to be seen. BTW, I am from Latin America and exclusively used Hispanic workers for all work to be done at my house. They do it quickly and for less money. Lately the cable/Internet guys are also Hispanic. Many skilled nurses at my local hospital are African and by the way they rock.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2015/hispa ... ations.htm

I'm not sure what you're claiming here or what your point is. Are you claiming that Hispanics are stealing jobs from blacks?

Nope, I love the LGBTQIA, I am not religious and have no issues with that. I just do not like to waste time in issues that are not problems.

Clearly discrimination is considered a problem by a great deal of people. The fact that you don't think it's a big deal would suggest that you place less intrinsic value on the lives and well-being of queer and trans people.

Other than Muslims and religious evangelicals I know no one that has problems with LGBTQIA. They hurt no one.

Yet they face discrimination and targeted violence. But you're apparently okay with this.

My taxes went up with Trump because he took away the Real State tax and mortgage deduction. I suspect, my taxes will go even higher with the Dems. Less policing will mean more crime.

So if you're going to get taxed by either party you might as well vote for the party that will put spend more of it on programs that will benefit ordinary people.

Either way you look at it, there aren't any compelling reasons to vote for the Republican Party unless you are a white nationalist or are wealthy enough to make most of your money through capital gains. They don't do anything about rising taxes on middle income earners while giving tax cuts to multi-billion dollar firms and corporations. The poor and marginalized might as well be dead to them. Their hostility to immigrants is harmful to all sorts of small and medium business sectors. They pander to bigots and religious extremists and they have a track record of waging wars that benefit the private sector more than the American public. Only an arch-cynic like Donald Trump was capable of (briefly) uniting this terrible horde.

I think black people are as capable as anyone. However, I do not understand why they vote 90% plus for the Dems. It makes no sense as the Dem party has values that are not in agreement with most black people.

You are purposely ignoring the fact that Democrats have policies that are overwhelmingly supported by blacks.

Black religious conservatives are also very different from white religious conservatives as the former tend to place greater value on racial and social justice.

Nope, most do not. And the Dems destroyed the black family with welfare programs design to encourage single motherhood.

This is of course contradicted by the facts which show that black and white marriage and divorce rates were in closest proximity to each other in the 1950's and '60's (no doubt benefiting from New Deal and Great Society programs) before black marriage rates began plummeting in the late 1970's and '80's, around the same time that the anti-Keynesian consensus (supported by the Republican Party) was taking hold. We also can't ignore that the War on Drugs was initiated by Nixon and escalated by Reagan, which would soon begin incarcerating young black men on a massive scale

And that isn't to say that the Democratic Party is ideal (the Clinton crime bill is proof of that), but it's just a fact that they aren't as bad as the Republicans. I don't think you realize how utterly shocking and contemptible the GOP is to much of the world, to decent and educated people. It's a wholly evil political machine and the majority of African American voters have recognized this since the 1964 election.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Sexual liberation and high divorce rates have liberated women and men, but also helped erode the family for all races, as single-parent households have dramatically increased.

The explosion in dual-income families now means that one income can no longer support a middle-class family, unless the lone parent makes quite a bit of money.

Dual income families and improvements in birth control technology have also meant that the birth rate for caucasians is well below replacement levels and they are going extinct, and western civilization along with it.

Dual income families also means our children are more and more being raised by strangers in daycare rather than their actual parents.

Oops.

Agree 100%. I could have written the above. Watch out! The members of the anti racism religion think the West is a racist term.
Donna wrote:I'm not sure what you're claiming here or what your point is. Are you claiming that Hispanics are stealing jobs from blacks?

In my neck of the woods it is even worse. I would say that near 100% of the construction workers are Hispanics. I have not seen a black working in construction in the last 20 years. By the way, I do not see white dudes in construction in my county because this is a high cost of living area. However, you see more white construction workers in rural areas of the state. Initially the Hispanics were basic labor men and now they do all the specialized jobs. They have also become men of all trades. I have a guy will do plumbing, minor electrical work, pavement, you name it for a great price. The local Anglo contractors simply cannot compete with Hispanic contractors that now have their own firms. All gardening work is also cornered by Hispanics and they do well as there are a lot of large homes in the county. I am Latin American so it does not bother me at all. However, I would think it bothers other people.

Clearly discrimination is considered a problem by a great deal of people. The fact that you don't think it's a big deal would suggest that you place less intrinsic value on the lives and well-being of queer and trans people.

I personally would never discriminate LGBT and I know no one that sees an issue with that. It is also well known that gay and lesbian couples on the average often earn more than heterosexual couples. If I run into a transexual how would I even know? There are so few that they pass unnoticed. However, I suspect there is violence against trans prostitutes because they circulate in a dangerous environment. The LGBT is a bit like the abortion issue. I don't care if people have abortions so it is not an issue for me, in fact it puts me to sleep.

Yet they face discrimination and targeted violence. But you're apparently okay with this.

I am sure, it happens, but I don't see that where I live. I would think it would be an issue in the bible belt.

So if you're going to get taxed by either party you might as well vote for the party that will put spend more of it on programs that will benefit ordinary people.

I am a libertarian and I gladly pay taxes for city services, a police force, an armed forces, public parks, roads, overall security, etc. I dislike the concept of wealth redistribution using my taxes, but I guess I do not have a say on that.

Either way you look at it, there aren't any compelling reasons to vote for the Republican Party unless you are a white nationalist or are wealthy enough to make most of your money through capital gains. They don't do anything about rising taxes on middle income earners while giving tax cuts to multi-billion dollar firms and corporations. The poor and marginalized might as well be dead to them. Their hostility to immigrants is harmful to all sorts of small and medium business sectors. They pander to bigots and religious extremists and they have a track record of waging wars that benefit the private sector more than the American public. Only an arch-cynic like Donald Trump was capable of (briefly) uniting this terrible horde.

I do not like the Trump type Republicans that spend money like water. I support people that value traditions, low crime, order, clean safe cities, the arts, and the rule of law. I dislike the concept of using the government as a giant mammary gland to suck it dry. The government exists because it grabs the money of the productive citizens.

You are purposely ignoring the fact that Democrats have policies that are overwhelmingly supported by blacks.

Black religious conservatives are also very different from white religious conservatives as the former tend to place greater value on racial and social justice.

The social justice the Dems have given the blacks is not helping. Have you ever looked up the number of social programs designed to help blacks? It is a rather long list and the results are not stellar. If I was king I would have a summit between African and West Indies immigrants who are often as successful as white people. I would them to design a program to teach black Americans how to copy whatever the Africans and people from the West Indies do. I would also throw the immigrants from India who often earn more than whites. But, guess what? The program does not jive with the condescending racism white liberals practice on blacks to get their votes every two years. I ask: Who benefits from racism and poor black America? Clearly the Democrats! That is how they get elected!

This is of course contradicted by the facts which show that black and white marriage and divorce rates were in closest proximity to each other in the 1950's and '60's (no doubt benefiting from New Deal and Great Society programs) before black marriage rates began plummeting in the late 1970's and '80's, around the same time that the anti-Keynesian consensus (supported by the Republican Party) was taking hold. We also can't ignore that the War on Drugs was initiated by Nixon and escalated by Reagan, which would soon begin incarcerating young black men on a massive scale

In 1960 the marriage rate for whites was slightly above 90% and in the 80s for blacks. Today the marriage rate is in the mid to high 80s for the upper income class, Asians, and Indian immigrants. For the middle class the rate is about 40%. For the poor is non-existent. Only 23% of black kids have a father at home. This is known as the Matthew Effect Donna: The upper class perpetuates the status of wealth by maintaining the family unit. Meanwhile the poor and middle class disintegrate and become more poor.

And that isn't to say that the Democratic Party is ideal (the Clinton crime bill is proof of that), but it's just a fact that they aren't as bad as the Republicans. I don't think you realize how utterly shocking and contemptible the GOP is to much of the world, to decent and educated people. It's a wholly evil political machine and the majority of African American voters have recognized this since the 1964 election.

Donna: They could write a billion tough laws and my kids would never go to prison. The best way to avoid prison is to avoid crime. It is condescending racism of low expectations to assume blacks cannot do that. It is also condescending racism to accept suboptimal behavior from minorities. They are not children and should know better. George Floyd was not a great man. It is condescending racism to think otherwise.
Julian658 wrote:In my neck of the woods it is even worse. I would say that near 100% of the construction workers are Hispanics. I have not seen a black working in construction in the last 20 years. By the way, I do not see white dudes in construction in my county because this is a high cost of living area. However, you see more white construction workers in rural areas of the state. Initially the Hispanics were basic labor men and now they do all the specialized jobs. They have also become men of all trades. I have a guy will do plumbing, minor electrical work, pavement, you name it for a great price. The local Anglo contractors simply cannot compete with Hispanic contractors that now have their own firms. All gardening work is also cornered by Hispanics and they do well as there are a lot of large homes in the county. I am Latin American so it does not bother me at all. However, I would think it bothers other people.

Not letting POC break immigration laws is racist.

I am sure, it happens, but I don't see that where I live. I would think it would be an issue in the bible belt.

I am a libertarian and I gladly pay taxes for city services, a police force, an armed forces, public parks, roads, overall security, etc. I dislike the concept of wealth redistribution using my taxes, but I guess I do not have a say on that.

I do not like the Trump type Republicans that spend money like water. I support people that value traditions, low crime, order, clean safe cities, the arts, and the rule of law. I dislike the concept of using the government as a giant mammary gland to suck it dry. The government exists because it grabs the money of the productive citizens.

Sounds good in theory. In practice it just doesn't work. There's a big difference in Scandanavia and the US, or even Canada and the US. You can either have wealth redistribution and social programs or you have inequality and poverty.

The social justice the Dems have given the blacks is not helping. Have you ever looked up the number of social programs designed to help blacks? It is a rather long list and the results are not stellar. If I was king I would have a summit between African and West Indies immigrants who are often as successful as white people. I would them to design a program to teach black Americans how to copy whatever the Africans and people from the West Indies do. I would also throw the immigrants from India who often earn more than whites. But, guess what? The program does not jive with the condescending racism white liberals practice on blacks to get their votes every two years. I ask: Who benefits from racism and poor black America? Clearly the Democrats! That is how they get elected!

The Democrats will fuck you up the ass the kinder, gentler way. The GOP will just fuck you up the ass. Because neither are paid by the people. Follow the money.

Unless you have some kind of physical/mental disability, most poor people born in a western country are poor because they have bad habits. There are different reasons for acquiring those bad habits. For some, it's because their ancestors were enslaved for hundreds of years and then when freed they were never educated. For others it can be laziness, twists of fate, family culture, or whatever. The reason why east asians, south asians, and Jews etc. overachieve despite racism is because their culture instills good habits such as strongly emphasizing education in their children, low divorce rates etc. White trash southerners don't have a culture emphasizing education, and so are they remain poor. If you raise your kids properly, odds are good they won't be poor as adults. If you get knocked up as a teen and drop out of high school, teach your children to not do the same, because often enough your children will follow in your footsteps otherwise.

I do strongly believe in government programs to help poor people though, especially for education and healthcare. In Canada everyone has equal access to healthcare, and education including colleges/universities is highly subsidized. But black people still have among the lowest health outcomes and educational outcomes, though these programs do make things less unequal than the US. You can lead a horse to water, you can't make them drink.

He's not going to get 12 years. Relax. Yeah, the[…]

And there is clear and objective differences bet[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]