Calls to poison control double - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
More than double, actually..

"More than 3,600 cases of disinfectant exposure were reported in April to the US poison control centres compared to 1,676 in February.

Experts warn against using cleaning products beyond their intended use, such as wiping down groceries.

Dr Kelly Johnson-Arbor from the National Capital Poison Center said there was no medical reason to be "drinking or bathing in disinfectants".

Somebody will manage to get a Darwin Award out this. Very Trumpy, isn't it?

https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/52760662/calls-to-us-poison-control-centres-jump-during-pandemic
I am waiting for the hospitalization of people misusing Hydroxychloroquine.

‘Don’t Try This at Home’: Even ‘Fox & Friends’ Balked at Trump’s Advice
Fox News anchors conceded that injecting disinfectant would be “poisonous.” But Rush Limbaugh and Breitbart defended Trump.

The morning after President Trump mused at a nationally televised briefing that injecting disinfectant could be a treatment for Covid-19 patients, Mr. Doocy, a co-host of “Fox & Friends,” issued a warning to his Fox News viewers.

Injecting disinfectants “is poisonous,” Mr. Doocy said, holding up his hands for emphasis, during an otherwise upbeat segment that praised Mr. Trump for his other health tip: Get more sunlight. (The guest, Dr. Mehmet Oz, did not address the disinfectant idea.)

It was a rare fissure between the president and “Fox & Friends,” a show that regularly praises him. But Mr. Doocy was not the only Fox personality who was unimpressed by the notion that Americans would consider the internal use of disinfectant, which can result in serious injury and death.

“Please don’t try this at home,” said the Fox Business anchor Stuart Varney, one of Mr. Trump’s favorite hosts. The anchor Chris Wallace — not a Trump favorite — felt the need to clarify on-air: “The answer is no, it’s not safe. A lot of the major manufacturers say it isn’t.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/busi ... ctant.html
Trump didn't suggest people ingest disinfectants. Fake News media twisted Trump's remarks with respect to intubation devices that also emitted UV light.

I regularly use Lysol as a topical disinfectant. It did not win FDA approval back in the 1950s, because it irritates wounds and the skin of some people. However, it's great for killing bacteria, virus and fungus. I would not recommend ingesting it or spraying it in your eyes or ears.
blackjack21 wrote:Trump didn't suggest people ingest disinfectants.
In a certain way, he did. Implication is as good as suggesting, to a gullible American public. Look how well it works on you.

Fake news like Fox News? :lol:

Everyone knew what he was saying. You're making anti-intellectual arguments again, in your reactionary response to any criticism of Trump, even if it's from Trump's own propaganda news outlet, Fox News.

I regularly use Lysol as a topical disinfectant. It did not win FDA approval back in the 1950s, because it irritates wounds and the skin of some people. However, it's great for killing bacteria, virus and fungus. I would not recommend ingesting it or spraying it in your eyes or ears.
Even you see the need of including a caveat at the end of your statement. Did Trump?

The thing about this particular right wing cancel[…]

Don't strawman me . I don't believe in genetic su[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]