Did the Russians offer bounty money for killing Americans and did Trump know about it? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rugoz wrote::roll:

It says "as a reward for successful attacks last year" in the OP. The truce began in February 2020. The talks were canceled last year due to an attack:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1VS0MX

If your head wasn't stuck so high up in Putin's rectum you'd see that.

Your putrid malevolence in all things regarding Russia is not enlightening in the slightest.

As it stands there is no evidence an intelligence report even existed, and even if it had it would rightfully in a more sane intelligence community or media be dismissed for the propaganda it clearly is. There's no reason for the Taliban or Russia to do all this imputed to them.

I'm not one of those suffering from Trump-related dementia that impels otherwise normal people to buy into this nonsense, he doesn't matter to me, nor Biden, etc... They are all the same more or less.
Drlee wrote:Judging from Trump's reaction I would lead toward believing this story. He is in full mumble mode. We are not hearing a word of denial from the republican senators. So, no doubt, this is true.

@Drlee

You are really off the deep end with that guy. The story is bullshit, obvious bullshit, and yet because you virulently hate this one man so much, you're willing to suspend all reason because there's nothing that you wouldn't believe him or the Russians wouldn't do.

Well, that is lunacy. Russia wants a stable and strong America because for one thing America being unstable and weak is dangerous, failed State with nuclear weapons dangerous. Their own experience with the collapse of the Soviet Union tells them that.

Get over this Trump fellow, and use your reason, because I know that you are an intelligent guy.
@annatar1914

It's very offensive and insulting to read your defense of Putin and the Russian government. Those are my brothers and sisters in Afghanistan who probably were killed because Putin offered bribes to kill our troops. You know how offensive and wrong that is to defend this with you being an American citizen who owes loyalty to our country? I also think Putin and the Russian government should not take comfort in having Trump in office.

I do believe someway or somehow others in our government will take retribution for this even if Trump is re-elected. However, I do think Russian civilians and diplomats should be off limits in any retribution we take. Any retribution members of our government might take on the Russian government should be in adherence to the laws of war and the Geneva Conventions that we signed on to. No Russian civilians should be targeted.
@Politics_Observer
It's very offensive and insulting to read your defense of Putin and the Russian government.

Your bias against Trump and indeed Russia makes a fake story like this ideal for the purposes of those who put the story out, because you're primed to believe it no matter what.

Those are my brothers and sisters in Afghanistan who probably were killed because Putin offered bribes to kill our troops.

The story is not true. It is a despicable lie put out by a partisan rag during an election year. Some people hate Trump so much that they're willing to say or do anything to get him out of office. I don't rent him that kind of head space, so I don't fall for his bullshit or that of his enemies.

You know how offensive and wrong that is to defend this with you being an American citizen who owes loyalty to our country?

I am defending America. America is not served by lies.

I also think Putin and the Russian government should not take comfort in having Trump in office.

I have told you numerous times although you fail to listen or to understand, that President Trump is the most anti-Russian President who's ever been in office. I look at his actions, not his words feigning a good relationship with Russia and the rest of the world (except for Israel and the Oil Sheikdoms). As I've said to others, you hate this man so much, that it's blinding you to everything else. It's got to stop because it's getting sick.
I do believe someway or somehow others in our government will take retribution for this even if Trump is re-elected.

''retribution'' for something that isn't a true story.
However, I do think Russian civilians and diplomats should be off limits in any retribution we take.

Sounds pretty deranged, like terrorism.

Any retribution members of our government might take on the Russian government should be in adherence to the laws of war and the Geneva Conventions that we signed on to. No Russian civilians should be targeted.

See? This story, given to an audience like you that is already primed to believe anything bad about Russia and certainly about Trump, and people like you are ready to talk absolute batshit lunacy about war with Russia. Do you realize how insane that sounds?
@annatar1914

Putin is asking for it annatar. We didn't start this. Putin did. There is no guarantee of what other members of our government will do off the books like the CIA for example. The CIA is known for taking revenge on others world wide for attacks on our troops, sometimes with operations that are off the books. However, if Biden gets elected, we might see him order retribution of some kind. And even then the CIA might do something regardless. If I were the Russians, I would be watching my back and grow eyes behind my head.

Putin is asking for it annatar. We didn't start this. Putin did.

Listen to yourself. You're losing your shit over something that is total fake news, and i'd say that no matter who was US President or whatever the circumstances were. There's no reason for Russia to do this, and every reason not to do anything like this at all. The Russian people and government want better relations with America, not worse, but our President Donald Trump truly is the most anti-Russian President ever. But you won't gather that from a Liberal media not doing it's job, convinced that Russia (instead of the Israelis and the Oil Sheiks) did something to help him in 2016.

I'm telling you the straight up truth, only Fascists and Jihadis want Russia and America at each other's throats. Think Damn it!

There is no guarantee of what other members of our government will do off the books like the CIA for example.

This is where the bullshit story got started.

The CIA is known for taking revenge on others world wide for attacks on our troops, sometimes with operations that are off the books. However, if Biden gets elected, we might see him order retribution of some kind. And even, then the CIA might do something regardless.

Real Soldiers know about war. They don't want war. War doesn't solve problems, it creates more for every problem it does solve, like the heads of a Hydra. Again, this story is a lie on the very face of it, there's no reason to it at all and nobody is willing to come forwards to claim the story or back it up. That should tell you something. It's an evil and shit stirring hit piece, from someone who hates America and Russia more than they even hate Trump.
@annatar1914

I know all about war and what it entails. I also know that you have to keep deterrence. Sometimes that means paying a price to establish and then keep deterrence which ensures the safety of not only our troops but our citizens too. Ensuring the security of our citizens and troops isn't free, but it's a price worth paying.
Politics_Observer wrote:@annatar1914

I know all about war and what it entails. I also know that you have to keep deterrence. Sometimes that means paying a price to establish and then keep deterrence which ensures the safety of not only our troops but our citizens too. Ensuring the security of our citizens and troops isn't free, but it's a price worth paying.

All that is true. But the first thing you do is make sure that the reasons behind your actions aren't based on untruths to begin with. There are many players out in the world today, right now, that would love to see the two greatest nations on earth, allies in WWII, go down fighting each other so that these sick fucks can rule the world. You know Islamofascism is real, and there's two main countries that have been fighting it; America and Russia. And think about China....

So this story, which is totally unsubstantiated and makes no fucking sense, is a lie.
Politics_Observer wrote:@annatar1914

Ohh I trust our intelligence professionals. I don't trust Trump but I do trust our intelligence professionals. They got their jobs because they earned those jobs and are experts in their field unlike Trump.

Donald Trump has turned everyone, friend or foe, into dimwit lunatics.

The Intelligence Community can be trusted?

Bay of Pigs.... Gulf of Tonkin.... WMD'S in Iraq.... JFK....

On and on, the stupidity and self-serving mendacity of so many in the intelligence community and indeed in Politics and the rest of the Elites private preserves...

I don't know if it's possible to get through to you, that you've totally lost your bearings because of this man, like all his followers and his enemies alike.

I feel like the only adult left on Earth, in America at least. I'm about ready to just give up posting on Politics. People don't change, they don't want to change. They don't listen to reason, all they want to do is justify their hatreds and lusts and desire to murder and destroy.... It's sick, it has to be stopped.

Don't believe in unsubstantiated lies, even if-maybe even especially if-you are emotionally prepared already to believe it to begin with.
You are talking about the same Russians that for over a decade have been taunting Americans, flying close to their fighters, sailing boats dangerously close to ours, interfering with our elections, etc.
Somehow what it's being reported is "a bit too far"...
Guess what, the Trump administration didn't deny it, best they can come up is that there was not 100% consensus... which is a shit claim because not even dentists can have 100% consensus to recommend Colgate toothpaste so what makes you think the intelligence community will reach 100% consensus ever...
XogGyux wrote:You are talking about the same Russians that for over a decade have been taunting Americans, flying close to their fighters, sailing boats dangerously close to ours, interfering with our elections, etc.
Somehow what it's being reported is "a bit too far"...
Guess what, the Trump administration didn't deny it, best they can come up is that there was not 100% consensus... which is a shit claim because not even dentists can have 100% consensus to recommend Colgate toothpaste so what makes you think the intelligence community will reach 100% consensus ever...

So of course, you have nothing by way of rebuttal to this nothing burger of a horribly malevolent lying story.

Peace, and the potential for peace in places like Afghanistan and of good relations between America and Russia, really tears some people up. Usually it's the warmongers in the stables and harems of the Military-Industrial Complex, for money, but some Liberals can always be counted on to ride that gravy train.
annatar1914 wrote:So of course, you have nothing by way of rebuttal to this nothing burger of a horribly malevolent lying story.

Peace, and the potential for peace in places like Afghanistan and of good relations between America and Russia, really tears some people up. Usually it's the warmongers in the stables and harems of the Military-Industrial Complex, for money, but some Liberals can always be counted on to ride that gravy train.

Unilateral "peace" only occurs when one nation is overwhemingly more powerful than the other and gets to dictate the peace "conditions" while the other nation just takes it in the ass. When the distribution of power is slightly more symetric, as in the case of the US/Russia... both nations would have to have the same goal in mind. Taunting warplanes and war ships, rigging elections, aiding opposing factions in middle eastern conflicts, paying bounties for us allies' heads is not a show of peace.
It might be prohibitively costly for the US and US allies to respond in the kind of retaliation that this sort of aggression has received in the past. That doens't mean it should get ignored either.
Unilateral "peace" only occurs when one nation is overwhemingly more powerful than the other and gets to dictate the peace "conditions" while the other nation just takes it in the ass.

Sounds like a Fascistic worldview to me. I prefer a Multipolar world myself, a lone Superpower tends to be corrupted by delusions of power and overextends itself.

When the distribution of power is slightly more symetric, as in the case of the US/Russia... both nations would have to have the same goal in mind.

Exactly. And there are goals that could and even should be mutual ones.

Taunting warplanes and war ships

Soldiers on both sides doing that, Russian soldiers are a bit more reckless at times perhaps, while Western can be overly sensitive.

, rigging elections,

Not proven fact at all :roll:

aiding opposing factions in middle eastern conflicts

America has a more bloodstained and fecklessly stupid hand in all that. Russia follows well defined geopolitical interests in the area as elsewhere.

, paying bounties for us allies' heads is not a show of peace.

And it simply didn't happen. You're assuming it did and I have my doubts you'd ever admit it even when you're shown to be wrong.

It might be prohibitively costly for the US and US allies to respond in the kind of retaliation that this sort of aggression has received in the past. That doens't mean it should get ignored either.

Again, it didn't happen. The story i'm sure only got invented to try to keep American troops in Afghanistan, blacken the Russian government in an election year (today's America always needs an enemy it seems), and indirectly attack President Trump.
annatar1914 wrote:Peace, and the potential for peace in places like Afghanistan and of good relations between America and Russia, really tears some people up. Usually it's the warmongers in the stables and harems of the Military-Industrial Complex, for money, but some Liberals can always be counted on to ride that gravy train.

Taliban rule in Afghanistan will certainly tear some people up, but not the liberals in the west, but large parts of the Afghani people. Not that I think NATO should ever have gone there in the first place, but it's also kind of shitty to leave, even if that's inevitable.

As XogGyux has pointed out, there's tons of evidence that Russia doesn't want good relations with the US, simply because opposing evil America is too convenient of a distraction for dictators like Putin.
Atlantis wrote:"The shocking report that a Russian military intelligence unit offered rewards to Taliban-linked militants for targeted attacks on coalition forces—including U.S. troops—in Afghanistan is apparently intelligence President Donald Trump has known and done nothing about for months, sources say. The New York Times reported that American intelligence officials came to the conclusion “months ago” that “islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them” collected “some bounty money” as a reward for successful attacks last year."

Russian Bounty Report Seems Like the Kind of Thing Trump Should’ve Known, GOP Says

It turns out that President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence were not told of the rumor that Russia paid bounty money to the Taliban to kill American soldiers, because the rumor was not credible and not verified.

White House says 'dissenting opinions' on intelligence that Russia paid bounties to kill American troops

“There was not a consensus among the intelligence community. In fact, there were dissenting opinions,” McEnany said. “It would not be elevated to the president until it was verified.”

“While the White House does not routinely comment on alleged intelligence or internal deliberations, the CIA director, ... national security adviser, and the chief of staff can all confirm that neither the president nor the vice president were briefed on the alleged Russian bounty intelligence,” McEnany said.

A Taliban spokesperson denied its members received bounties from Russia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB167q3I
Trump claiming that he didn't know about it doesn't make it any better. The president is supposed to know about threats to the US.

Anyways, I don't believe he wasn't briefed. Perhaps he didn't pay attention or perhaps it didn't fit his pro-Putin agenda, but he most certainly was briefed.

In a separate news, officials from three Nato countries said that they had been briefed about it a week prior to the news emerging.

Atlantis wrote:Trump claiming that he didn't know about it doesn't make it any better. The president is supposed to know about threats to the US.

Anyways, I don't believe he wasn't briefed. Perhaps he didn't pay attention or perhaps it didn't fit his pro-Putin agenda, but he most certainly was briefed.

In a separate news, officials from three Nato countries said that they had been briefed about it a week prior to the news emerging.

So you don't believe the Vice President either or any Republican. You only believe the Democrats, who don't know shit and the left wing media that have been lying about Trump for about four years now.

However, I am of the opposite opinion and don't believe that the President should be bothered with rumors from all over the world unless it can be verified. That can just cause more unwanted wars, just look what happened to President Bush when he was given intelligence that Iraq had or was making Weapons of mass destruction. We don't need to go to war because of bad intelligence.

I have been lied to by so many Democrats, that I have sworn to never vote for a damn Democrat again. I now know that I can't trust them.
Praise the Lord.
Rugoz wrote:Taliban rule in Afghanistan will certainly tear some people up, but not the liberals in the west, but large parts of the Afghani people. Not that I think NATO should ever have gone there in the first place, but it's also kind of shitty to leave, even if that's inevitable.

As XogGyux has pointed out, there's tons of evidence that Russia doesn't want good relations with the US, simply because opposing evil America is too convenient of a distraction for dictators like Putin.

Again, your bias against Russia is showing, it's as obvious as rain. Everyone I've ever known in Russia, and every television news show i've seen there, tells me they are heartbroken at the stupidity and insanity of an America that has decided that Russia is an enemy of the United States, 25 years after Communism's collapse and that of the Soviet Union.

And Afghanistan? America will eventually have to leave, no resource there except Opium, and our American Elites never really gave a damn about the people of Afghanistan to begin with. If we truly cared, we'd leave, for the Afghan people to work out their own destiny.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k There[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]