Did the Russians offer bounty money for killing Americans and did Trump know about it? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
"The shocking report that a Russian military intelligence unit offered rewards to Taliban-linked militants for targeted attacks on coalition forces—including U.S. troops—in Afghanistan is apparently intelligence President Donald Trump has known and done nothing about for months, sources say. The New York Times reported that American intelligence officials came to the conclusion “months ago” that “islamist militants, or armed criminal elements closely associated with them” collected “some bounty money” as a reward for successful attacks last year."

Russian Bounty Report Seems Like the Kind of Thing Trump Should’ve Known, GOP Says

Joe Biden condemned the Administration, stating:

“Not only has he failed to sanction or impose any kind of consequences on Russia for this egregious violation of international law, Donald Trump has continued his embarrassing campaign of deference and debasing himself before Vladimir Putin. His entire presidency has been a gift to Putin, but this is beyond the pale. It’s a betrayal of the most sacred duty we bear as a nation, to protect and equip our troops when we send them into harm’s way.”

If Trump has any sense left, he withdraws from the race now, or face an Earth-shattering humiliation in the election.
This must be fake news.
For one, Russians don't play dirty, they are all very innocent and Putin already gave his word to Trump, so there is no way Putin would be playing this dirty or offensive against americans.
Also, president Trump would never allow our military to die like this, despite his age and those nasty bone spurs he would fly an F35 himself and save all soldiers all by himself and then take a parachute and kill all the Taliban with a machete.
Third, how would the news networks find out this kind of information, is not like there are leaks in this administration, which is very tightly controlled by a serious, diligent and very disciplined leader. Obviously, the news are making it all up.
:lol:
@XogGyux, you mean the deep state is out to get him?

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy then. :lol:

I mean, the US funded the Mujaheddin; so why shouldn't the Russians fund the Taliban? Sounds like what empires do as a matter of routine. It could be argued that the Russians have a problem with Islamists and home and therefore wouldn't fund Islamists abroad. But I think the imperialists seldom act very rational. They can fight and support the same people at the same time if it somehow fits their devious designs.
Last edited by Atlantis on 28 Jun 2020 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
The intelligence assessment is based on interrogations of captured Afghan militants and criminals, who may have been tortured by CIA operatives. It is also not clear whether Russian operatives had deployed in Afghanistan or met with their Taliban counterparts. Since last summer, only a few Americans have been killed. The Taliban have not attacked U.S. positions since a February agreement.

annatar1914 wrote:The very idea is stark raving lunacy. No, this did not happen, it's only American election year madness, because there's no reason for either the Russians nor the Taliban to do this, and Americans in regards to foreign policy are more than capable of screwing ourselves up without any help from others.

Yes the Russians are never trying to undermine US interests, nor the Taliban. :roll:
Unthinking Majority wrote:Yes the Russians are never trying to undermine US interests, nor the Taliban. :roll:

It is not in the interest of either to do what this story suggests, that's sheer stupid batshit crazy talk. The Taliban are negotiating with the US because the US will eventually leave, and everybody knows that the Taliban will likely return to power. They're getting everything they want if they're patient and intelligent. But the authors of this intelligence/media shitpile of a fabricated story are neither intelligent nor patient, they judge everyone by their own limited grasp on reality.

And Russia? Russia as Putin has indicated many times, very much wants a stable and strong America as a geopolitical partner. Only someone trying to prevent that, not bring that about, is behind this sick fantasy.
annatar1914 wrote:And Russia? Russia as Putin has indicated many times, very much wants a stable and strong America as a geopolitical partner. Only someone trying to prevent that, not bring that about, is behind this sick fantasy.

I don't think so. Putin and Russia want whatever advances Russia's interests. Weakening the US is part of that.

Anyways, I don't believe this story on the face of it, without evidence.
Unthinking Majority wrote:I don't think so. Putin and Russia want whatever advances Russia's interests. Weakening the US is part of that.

Anyways, I don't believe this story on the face of it, without evidence.

Richard Grenell, the former DNI, doesn't believe it and never saw the story vetted either, so...

It's not in Russia's interests to have a weakened America. A weakened America is a dangerous America, with nuclear weapons. No, as I said Putin has numerous times talked about the necessity of the former allies of WWII to come together and solve some problems besetting the world today.
annatar1914 wrote:It's not in Russia's interests to have a weakened America. A weakened America is a dangerous America, with nuclear weapons. No, as I said Putin has numerous times talked about the necessity of the former allies of WWII to come together and solve some problems besetting the world today.

I believe Putin's actions, not his words.
@Atlantis

I have no doubt Putin offered bribes to the Taliban to kill American soldiers in Afghanistan. Putin's hackers interfered in the U.S. 2016 election to get their man Trump elected because they knew Trump would divide America. This is why cyber-security, software development, network, I.T. and computer skills is important for Americans to learn and be good at. A divided America is good for Putin while a united and strong America is not good for him.

I also think Putin along with his oligarch friends in Russia have compromised Trump by perhaps bailing Trump out of some of his business dealings here in America given Trump is just an incompetent idiot when it comes to being a businessman. I think Trump owes Putin and the Russians. Putin is manipulating and using Trump to do great damage to the U.S. and Putin has been very successful.
@annatar1914 And Russia? Russia as Putin has indicated many times, very much wants a stable and strong America as a geopolitical partner.

In the immortal words of John Stewart..."Really"? :eek: :D
Rugoz wrote:There's a reason for both, but for the Taliban its plain obvious that they're trying to kill NATO troops. They've been doing it for years.

They negotiated a ceasefire, and will get everything they want when we finally leave. And we will. So the Taliban have no reason to do such a stupid thing, particularly as they've freely admitted attacking American soldiers when it was in their perceived interest.

This is unsubstantiated BS, pure lunacy. If you weren't so biased you'd see that.
annatar1914 wrote:They negotiated a ceasefire, and will get everything they want when we finally leave. And we will. So the Taliban have no reason to do such a stupid thing, particularly as they've freely admitted attacking American soldiers when it was in their perceived interest.

This is unsubstantiated BS, pure lunacy. If you weren't so biased you'd see that.

:roll:

It says "as a reward for successful attacks last year" in the OP. The truce began in February 2020. The talks were canceled last year due to an attack:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1VS0MX

If your head wasn't stuck so high up in Putin's rectum you'd see that.
Judging from Trump's reaction I would lead toward believing this story. He is in full mumble mode. We are not hearing a word of denial from the republican senators. So, no doubt, this is true.
Apparently, the information briefed to the British (MI6, I assume), identified the Russian program as being run by the GRU, Russia's military intel organization. US intel would not have informed the British unless the intelligence was considered highly credible. And, we would not have informed the British (which the Brits say they were), unless first alerting all senior US national security officials, obviously including the President and the VP, plus SecState and SecDef.

Something sure is rotten, and it sure isn't in Denmark, but in the White House.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]