Pew analysis: BLM protesters are disproportionately white Democrats - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
June 24, 2020
Recent protest attendees are more racially and ethnically diverse, younger than Americans overall

By Amanda Barroso and Rachel Minkin

Large-scale protests and rallies for racial equality have captured public attention and amplified calls for policy reforms in recent weeks. Some 6% of U.S. adults say they have attended a protest or rally that focused on issues related to race or racial equality in the last month, and those who have are more likely to be nonwhite and younger than Americans overall, according to a recent Pew Research Center survey. They are also more likely to live in an urban area and to identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party.

Black Americans account for 17% of those who say they attended a protest focused on race or racial equality in the last month, compared with their 11% share of all adults in the survey. Hispanic Americans account for 22% of recent protest attendees, versus 15% of all adults. The difference is less pronounced but still statistically significant when it comes to the share of protesters who are Asian (8% vs. 5% of the adults surveyed). While 64% of U.S. adults are white, just 46% of those who said they attended a protest focused on race in the last month are white.

About four-in-ten (41%) of those who say they recently attended a protest focused on race are younger than 30; among all U.S. adults, 19% are in this age group. In turn, those ages 50 and older are underrepresented among the protesters, while those ages 30 to 49 represent a similar share of those who have attended a protest as they do of the adult population overall.

City dwellers, who represent 28% of the adults surveyed, make up 41% of those who say they have protested within the past month. Some 42% of people who participated in last month’s protests live in the suburbs (compared with 47% of all adults), and those who live in rural areas account for 17% of recent protesters, compared with 25% of the survey sample.

When it comes to political party affiliation, about eight-in-ten (79%) of those who say they participated in a protest or rally focused on race or racial equality in the last month identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party, while just 17% say they are Republican or Republican-leaning.

As is the case among the overall adult population, men and women each make up about half of those who say they attended a protest focused on race in the last month. Protesters also don’t differ considerably from the adult population in terms of income or educational attainment.

Note: Here are the questions used for this report, along with responses, and its methodology.

Pew Research

It's ironic that most of these incidents tend to happen in Democrat-run cities, with blacks and Democrats fulfilling the roles of mayors, police chiefs, district attorneys or otherwise occupying the highest offices, including attorney general. Not only that, but the USA is apparently so 'systemically' racist that most BLM protesters have been white people.
The Sabbaticus wrote:It's ironic that most of these incidents tend to happen in Democrat-run cities, with blacks and Democrats fulfilling the roles of mayors, police chiefs, district attorneys or otherwise occupying the highest offices, including attorney general. Not only that, but the USA is apparently so 'systemically' racist that most BLM protesters have been white people.

I think the whole thing is a fraud. They are literally going to put a black man in prison for running over and killing a white BLM protester who was wearing all black and running around on the freeway at night. They have also burned numerous black-owned businesses and gotten numerous black people killed during these so-called Black Lives Matter protests. Bill de Blasio has continued to ignore court rulings giving Black Lives Matter protesters the right to ignore lock downs, but banning people from going to church, etc. This is also happening in other venues, so coronavirus cases are now out of hand again--in places run by Democrats.
:roll:

The white Republicans are too busy making anti-protests, or and attending Trump/Klan rallies.

87% of the USA consists of people who are NOT black, too.

Covid-19 is happening even in Red states, with little protesting, so all that "caused by protests" BS, is rubbish.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Perhaps I am reading this incorrectly, but it seems like white people represented the majority of protesters, but wehn compared to the demographics of the people who took the survey, whites were disproportionately under-represented in the protester population.

No, you completely misread it if that was your conclusion. The conclusion you were supposed to come to is that only white lefty soyboys want racial equality, which they are unfairly thrusting on minorities. Minority groups are actually completely fine with the police and systemic inequities in America; the protests are all an invention of whiny SJW's. Also, the girls Ghostbuster movie proved once and for all that SJW cuck ideology is bad and wrong and women should have sex with me now that feminism has been destroyed at the box office.

That's the point Sabbaticus was trying to make.
blackjack21 wrote:I think the whole thing is a fraud. They are literally going to put a black man in prison for running over and killing a white BLM protester who was wearing all black and running around on the freeway at night. They have also burned numerous black-owned businesses and gotten numerous black people killed during these so-called Black Lives Matter protests. Bill de Blasio has continued to ignore court rulings giving Black Lives Matter protesters the right to ignore lock downs, but banning people from going to church, etc. This is also happening in other venues, so coronavirus cases are now out of hand again--in places run by Democrats.

My best guess is that getting rid of the police is supposed to spark a communist revolution, somehow. Reason exited the building a long time ago...
Sivad wrote:Virtually all of these protests are happening in cities that have very different racial demographics than the US as a whole so really whites are overrepresented and minorities are underrepresented.

Let's have your figures and calculations for that, then. You've given your conclusion - "really whites are overrepresented and minorities are underrepresented", but somehow forgotten to show you analysis of the cities' demographics that allowed you to state it - not to mention your figures on where protesters came from - people are able to move from suburbs to city centres, of course.

I understand that you must have put a lot of work into your thesis, but I'd hate for it to be mistaken for a kneejerk "I hate the left, without any reason" piece of bullshit, when you're normally so good on backing up your unusual takes on statistics and real life ... feel free to post it somewhere else on the internet and link to it here, if it's too long.
Wulfschilde wrote:My best guess is that getting rid of the police is supposed to spark a communist revolution, somehow. Reason exited the building a long time ago...

I still think it's to try to keep blacks in the Democrat fold. Mayor de Blasio openly defies court orders that say he cannot discriminate in favor of protesters free speech rights, but against the religious. Yet, for some reason he thinks it clever to paint "Black Lives Matter" on 5th Avenue in front of Trump Tower. Trump doesn't hate black people. He has a lot of black friends. Sure, there are a lot of stupid people who believe what they see on television, but the media has consistently failed to try to change people's minds about Trump. He has too long of a track record to be "reframed."

At the same time, the media generally suppresses stories like this:

Who was Jessica Doty Whitaker? The woman shot and killed for saying ‘all lives matter’

They seem to sense that the BLM riots they have unleashed are unpopular with voters, but I think the Democrats have lost control of the situation and don't know what to do now. They've created a situation where you can be killed for saying "All lives matter." Not good.
Blackjack, posting on the estranged parents forum: My nieces and nephews won't invite me to Thanksgiving anymore because I laid down some sick truths about black people and the dems. I know I'm not a parent but I hope you will accept me here.

Trust Q. Trust the plan. The storm is coming.
According to the Civis Analytics poll, the movement appears to have attracted protesters who are younger and wealthier. The age group with the largest share of protesters was people under 35 and the income group with the largest share of protesters was those earning more than $150,000.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -size.html

The yuppies are in revolt! :lol:

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

...Genocide requires special intent... Jared Ku[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]

I would also say that the extreme Left can be j[…]