Statistically, is Coronavirus now Less Dangerous than Heart Disease? [High Effort Post] - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BeesKnee5 wrote:Trump has just called for the election to be delayed so there's no longer a rush

Genius move. We should all be able to agree on this! Liberals don't want people to vote because it's not safe yet and conservatives don't want people to mail in vote. So why not just meet in the middle and delay the election? It would please everyone, right?
Godstud wrote:I don't know why, but this somehow seemed applicable...

Wearing a mask protects oneself. It is her freedom to get herself infected and possibly killed, just like how people abusing the zebra crossing have the freedom to do so but put themselves at risk of being knocked down.

As far as I concern, I don't give a damn if she does not force others not to wear a mask.

Maybe this is discussed by other Members thoroughly, but I somehow wonder if Islamophobia in the West has a role in the erosion of common sense in some people?
Wearing a masks protects others from YOU, as well. That's why it's a selfish prick of a thing not to wear one.

Common sense has nothing to do with Islamophobia, although those who have Islamophobia rarely have it.
BeesKnee5 wrote:Most transmission occurs from people who do not yet realise they have been infected.

So the mask prevents those people from accidentally infecting others.

Actually it also protects myself from those who doesn't wear a mask yet possibly infected.

Of course, I also practice social distancing.
Patrickov wrote:
Actually it also protects myself from those who doesn't wear a mask yet possibly infected.

Of course, I also practice social distancing.

Also being the operative word. The evidence is that the protection is greater if the infected person is wearing a mask than the non infected as it stops the vapour spread into surfaces that the non infected person could pickup by contact.
The pro-lockdown people have obviously won up until now but as therapeutics like HCQ become widespread and vaccines become available, it will be interesting to see if they still push for lockdowns so that Biden doesn't have to debate Trump, keep the economy suppressed etc.

As was already said, HCQ is not effective for any use WRT corona virus except increasing the death rate. Also I agree that there will be no vaccine in widespread use by September. If there is X and I will probably get it but I can assure you that the vast majority of people on this forum will be way down the list.
Drlee wrote:As was already said, HCQ is not effective for any use WRT corona virus except increasing the death rate. Also I agree that there will be no vaccine in widespread use by September. If there is X and I will probably get it but I can assure you that the vast majority of people on this forum will be way down the list.

They are hoping there is one by January. I am watching news reports of the clinical trials of vaccines like the one being developed by Moderna. But it is not certain that a vaccine could be ready for use by then.
Herd immunity approach probably had less total deaths when we count in the suicides, substance abuse etc. People gonna keep virtue signalling though.

According to WHO data, case numbers in the US topped out in July. Averaged death rate has been mostly the same (less than 1/10th of heart disease) since late May.
Godstud wrote:I don't know why, but this somehow seemed applicable...

I must confess that until I saw this, even I hadn't realised just how stupid some Liberals are. It seems that some of them are so stupid that they think regulations, rules, suggested disciplines are a binary choice. Either you must accept every rule given out by every so called established authority or you must reject every rule given out by every so called established authority. Either everything must be voluntary or everything must be compulsory.
Rich wrote:Either everything must be voluntary or everything must be compulsory.
That is the scream of the right-wing extremist. No. This is an example of why certain things are done: public safety. It has nothing to do with "freedom".

Where are all the screaming right-wingers complaining about motorcycle helmets and seat belt laws taking away the freedom to be stupid? Mask laws are not only designed to protect you, but protect others, as well.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]