Statistically, is Coronavirus now Less Dangerous than Heart Disease? [High Effort Post] - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15107663
XogGyux wrote:Your site it is some sort of dubious "Slate.com" and not the CDC.

Slate is dubious in that it is a left wing site. It's good that you see the wisdom in doubting the left wing media.

XogGyux wrote:If you kept the same conditions and extended that for a year we would be looking closer to half a million people dying from this shit... and that is under lockdown situations, remove that from the equation and you could have even more.

This is why rioting shouldn't be encouraged by politicians. There is insufficient social distancing among the diseased rioting population.

XogGyux wrote:Seems that most of the rest of the world had an approach that seems to be working.

Asians are used to wearing masks since the early SARS epidemics, and sometimes just to deal with air pollution. They're used to having them on hand. In the US, bureaucrats are just used to telling lies to people and being believed by the masses. Europe still has a higher death rate than the US even with public-funded health systems, and they also faced equipment shortages. Even the ultra-progressive Canada was so generous that it gave PPP to China before Wuhan coronavirus had spread to Canada, and then Canada was short-handed on PPP, because it had also outsourced all of its production to China.

XogGyux wrote:We are paying the price now and we will continue to do so for years.

Some people will pay the price and others will not. Young people do not care about it anymore, because they simply do not believe so many conflicting reports from so many different levels of government, bureaucracy, academia and media. 30-year-old dies of coronavirus after attending Texas ‘COVID-19 party’.

Can asymptomatic people spread the disease or not? Recent thinking has been "no." Also, children rarely seem to have any significant response to infection. So a reasonable conclusion is that it is fine for children to go back to school later this year, but politicians are saying otherwise. Are we dealing with science or politics? It seems very much like the latter.

Wulfschilde wrote:If it's rational to shut the country down to fight the sources of coronavirus, wouldn't 13 times as many deaths mean it would be rational to ban fatty foods?

Potentially, but it seems more like transfats are the bigger problem than animal fats--vegetable shortening, like Crisco, is far worse than animal fat like lard.

XogGyux wrote:Even if for an instant I were to grant you "it is not that lethal" for the sake of argument... the fact is the rest of the world is controlling it, we are not. And this has serious implications for our future trade, economics, politics, etc. The right thing to do is to aggressively control it, if not for public health, if not for our populations' health... at this point it is a global economy/diplomacy nightmare if we end up with a country full of infected citizens that won't be allowed in europe, asia, canada, etc.

But, but, but, but, but.... don't people have a right to riot peacefully?

XogGyux wrote:Genocidal fuck.

Are you suggesting that coronavirus only kills a particular race or ethnicity, or is this your attempt at intensifying your frustrations?

JohnRawls wrote:So uhhh, apparently the only event that caused more deaths for US besides Covid is basically the Civil war and WW2.

Spanish Flu... and other outbreaks. We have a much larger population, so the numbers get skewed. On a population basis, the US has had lots of situations like this. Small pox, polio, etc.

JohnRawls wrote:The older you get, the more problematic it gets.

Same with Wuhan coronavirus. It mostly kills older people; hence, the idiot 30-year old that went to a coronavirus party and died--probably with some sort of inflammatory condition exacerbated by coronavirus.

JohnRawls wrote:We can never fully cure it in most cases. Medicine and science ain't there yet.

This is a very important point, particularly the last sentence.

To his great credit, Trump has moved a regulatory mountain to streamline the production of vaccines and treatments. I'm a little skeptical that an effective covid vaccine can be developed. If so, we may see a future with "common cold" shots along with flu shots.
#15107676
JohnRawls wrote:What, you don't like people being called fatsos or something? Have some standards. I have plenty of empathy for those who deserve it. Also heart disease is not preventable in any way shape or form because of ageing. The older you get, the more problematic it gets. It is not the only disease that is heavily related to ageing but one of the main ones. At best, we can only manage it nowadays. We can never fully cure it in most cases. Medicine and science ain't there yet.

As for you trying to misinterpret my words that i want to bann sodas and chicken nuggets or something :lol: Why would i want to bann them if i drink/eat them often. But banning them for super fatsos would be nice.

No, I want to ban sodas and chicken nuggies. Chicken tendies are the only, superior form of chicken. All other chicken is inferior.

Once we are all eating nothing but chicken tendies and mineral water, heart disease will be a thing of the past. Why do you fight against progress?
#15107711
blackjack21 wrote:Slate is dubious in that it is a left wing site. It's good that you see the wisdom in doubting the left wing media.

I don't give a shit if your perception of a site/news/etc is that it is left-leaning or right-leaning. The merit of the information has to stand on its own, regardless of the source and as I showed you in my prior post, something that you conveniently did not discuss on your reply, the information you posted was complete shit. No wonder you did not touch the subject again (I didn't expect you to anyways).

This is why rioting shouldn't be encouraged by politicians. There is insufficient social distancing among the diseased rioting population.

Seriously, apparently politician endorsed riots are a big issue. Can you please provide me of a list of politicians that called for riots to be done? It shouldn't be that difficult for you to find some sort of news release or tweet of politicians asking for people to riot right?

Asians are used to wearing masks since the early SARS epidemics, and sometimes just to deal with air pollution. They're used to having them on hand. In the US, bureaucrats are just used to telling lies to people and being believed by the masses. Europe still has a higher death rate than the US even with public-funded health systems, and they also faced equipment shortages. Even the ultra-progressive Canada was so generous that it gave PPP to China before Wuhan coronavirus had spread to Canada, and then Canada was short-handed on PPP, because it had also outsourced all of its production to China.

Laughable. I'll give you some rope to hang yourself, provide the underlying data to your claims :lol: .

Some people will pay the price and others will not. Young people do not care about it anymore, because they simply do not believe so many conflicting reports from so many different levels of government, bureaucracy, academia and media. 30-year-old dies of coronavirus after attending Texas ‘COVID-19 party’.

Wait a minute. Who is at fault for providing this conflicting evidence? Who is been presiding, quite literally, over the most disastrous reaction to a pandemic ever?

Can asymptomatic people spread the disease or not?

That is completely irrelevant non-sense. The sort of things that news corporations bite on so that they can run tidbits on and on so they can fill their interminable 24/7 cycle. Same thing with masks.
When something is not clear, and the downside is as high as having hundred of thousands if not millions of people, dying or very sick... the only answer is to aim at the side of caution. ESPECIALLY when caution is totally harmless (masks).

Also, children rarely seem to have any significant response to infection. So a reasonable conclusion is that it is fine for children to go back to school later this year, but politicians are saying otherwise. Are we dealing with science or politics? It seems very much like the latter.

Have you ever seen a child? Do they live in another country? Maybe another planet?. It seems to me that most "children" are almost always accompanied by an adult. I'll let you sit back and reflect for a minute about this.
Also... "not dying" to covid is not the same as "COVID" is not going to do harm to the children. I can tell you the major children hospital in my area is currently full, quite a few in the PICU. The disease might not necessarily behave the same in the very young population, but this is still a respiratory pathogen and diseases such as athma are more prevalent/severe in children, even the regular flu can put an asthmatic child in the ICU.
Not to mention, this is yet another false dichotomy architected by the brilliant mind of Trump and Trump supporter idiots. They want to bypass any sort of safety checkpoints because they perceive that this would lead to arriving to a thriving economy faster. :lol: Couldn't be farther from the truth.

But, but, but, but, but.... don't people have a right to riot peacefully?

Please explain.

Are you suggesting that coronavirus only kills a particular race or ethnicity, or is this your attempt at intensifying your frustrations?

What the fuck is wrong with you.
Read again my reply' quote.
Genocidal fuck.

The guy was claiming that he wanted more deaths.

Wulfschilde wrote:I've been pretty open about wanting millions of people to die

Has nothing to do with race or ethnicity. It seems that you have to inject race and ethnicity everywhere because that is all you care... :knife:
#15109170
Assuming that the prospective death rate continues to be close to accurate, coronavirus is going from being 1/13th as deadly as heart disease, to 1/15th or if it drops even further but gets diminishing returns on its decline, it might stick around at about 1/20th as deadly.

Relevant:
Image

This is a pretty real issue with the COVID: since the rate of decline in deaths is shrinking, it might stick around for a long time but not in anywhere near as deadly a form. Such a development would hurt a lot of political fee fees since some people want their countries to be shut down until certain people are out of office and this virus has been an excellent excuse.
Last edited by Wulfschilde on 22 Jul 2020 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
#15109173
No, @Wulfschilde. It is not relevant.

A fat person eating shitty only endangers their own health, and not the health of those around them.

You're another idiot trying to compare things that are not comparable. How about mentioning car crashes next, like the other morons?
#15109176
Godstud wrote:No, @Wulfschilde. It is not relevant.

A fat person eating shitty only endangers their own health, and not the health of those around them.

You're another idiot trying to compare things that are not comparable. How about mentioning car crashes next, like the other morons?

It's relevant when we are doing far more about something that could be down to 1/20th as dangerous as something that we do nothing about.
#15109215
Wulfschilde wrote:Last week in the US, a prospected 950 people died of coronavirus, including comorbidity: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/index.htm
    * I reached this number based upon the "percentage of expected deaths" figure which has been largely accurate through most of the testing periods.


Is the figure still 950 for the week ending 11th July?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Because when I use your maths it's now 3244.
#15109225
BeesKnee5 wrote:Is the figure still 950 for the week ending 11th July?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Because when I use your maths it's now 3244.

Yeah that seems to have escalated quickly, although like I wrote in another thread, the rate of deaths still appears to be an overall decline which is good.

Lately I am getting a little disillusioned that it will go away on its own because the rate of decline seems to be decreasing. I am getting to be more interested in the vaccines that may come out, although I would still prefer not to get any experimental injections myself for something that is a fraction as dangerous as twinkies.
#15109237
Wulfschilde wrote:Yeah that seems to have escalated quickly, although like I wrote in another thread, the rate of deaths still appears to be an overall decline which is good.

Lately I am getting a little disillusioned that it will go away on its own because the rate of decline seems to be decreasing. I am getting to be more interested in the vaccines that may come out, although I would still prefer not to get any experimental injections myself for something that is a fraction as dangerous as twinkies.


Rate of decline?
Compare 27th June to 4th July.

As the data comes in it's clear deaths are rising and figures will be higher in July than they were in June.

I think it's time you admit that you have completely misunderstood the data you were relying on. Pretending only fat people die from heart disease isn't doing you any favours either.
Last edited by BeesKnee5 on 23 Jul 2020 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
#15109278
It is true @Sivad and you know it. The BS about using up resources is a piss-poor argument. Many people do things that endanger themselves, personally, and we aren't about to change that.

@Wulfschilde See above. We aren't policing person behavior when it only affects themselves, except in rare cases. See SEATBELTS.


Morons try comparing a pandemic to unhealthy eating habits, that may contribute to death DECADES later.
#15109282
It's relevant when we are doing far more about something that could be down to 1/20th as dangerous as something that we do nothing about.


So here is what goes wrong when someone not smart enough to understand basic science and the tint of logic runs off at the mouth. Not a thing in that post is true. Not one single thing. But this did not stop a pathetic Trump drone from posting it anyway. Who knows, he might actually believe it is true.
#15109286
And that's the thing. This disease is new, and might be changing. We can't be sure when it's passed there might be long lasting changes to the respiratory system etc


We already know that there are changes in a considerable number of people. In fact, disability because of Covid is already real and a concern for budgets in the future.
#15109287
Wulfschilde wrote:The US has been mostly reopened for months now, leading (as we're often reminded) to the rise in cases because the disease can be contagious. Despite this, it is still 1/13th as dangerous as heart disease. Couldn't these things be taken as evidence that the coronavirus isn't very dangerous anymore?

If it's rational to shut the country down to fight the sources of coronavirus, wouldn't 13 times as many deaths mean it would be rational to ban fatty foods?

Also, the comorbidity argument against heart disease statistics is no good because the coronavirus death count is extremely broad, being based upon "deaths with COVID-19" as opposed to the harder to determine "deaths from."


Image
#15109288
Wulfschilde wrote:If it's rational to shut the country down to fight the sources of coronavirus, wouldn't 13 times as many deaths mean it would be rational to ban fatty foods?
:roll: Fatty foods do not cause obesity. Get educated a bit on nutrition before rambling on about diet.
#15109384
@Wulfschilde Is just posting the kind of ignorant comments that give a good look into the Republican playbook. He is wrong on every point. It truly is sad to think that he actually believes this stuff. But then his lord and master, Trump, probably does himself.
#15109399
Drlee wrote:@Wulfschilde Is just posting the kind of ignorant comments that give a good look into the Republican playbook. He is wrong on every point. It truly is sad to think that he actually believes this stuff. But then his lord and master, Trump, probably does himself.

What's funny about this to me is that I'm actually posting things from the Democrat playbook circa 5-years ago when they were trying to ban large sodas and some of you are unhesitatingly attributing it to Trump supporters just because I wrote it.
#15109470
What's funny about this to me is that I'm actually posting things from the Democrat playbook circa 5-years ago when they were trying to ban large sodas and some of you are unhesitatingly attributing it to Trump supporters just because I wrote it.


Uhh. Did you want to change the title of this thread? Or did you just lose your train of thought?

You are wrong about your premise. You can't support it. And you got caught. If you want to look even more foolish keep posting your nonsense on this subject.
#15109473
Drlee wrote:We already know that there are changes in a considerable number of people. In fact, disability because of Covid is already real and a concern for budgets in the future.


This would be my capital concern. Especially considering President Trump is still trying to erase what remains of Obamacare plus other expenses we'lĺ all face, eg the environment
"Trump incited a riot"

I think the case for Giuliani inciting a riot i[…]

Meanwhile today in 2021 Indian immigrants are the[…]

The Trump riots and BLM riots were done almost all[…]

think what sparks confusion among many people is t[…]