Trump Landslide Reelection Victory Party Countdown Thread - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15115650
Godstud wrote:Which Michelle Obama speech was this one ripped off from?

Yikes sweaty, are you suggesting that an immigrant needs to rip off a speech from an American/ That's some real xenophobia right there, maybe you should check your privilege?
#15115654
You really are a clueless git, aren't you, @Wulfschilde ?

No one to be fired after Melania Trump speech plagiarism episode
Donald Trump's presidential campaign doesn't plan to fire anybody or to take disciplinary action over the controversy surrounding Melania Trump's plagiarism of Michelle Obama, CNN learned Tuesday.

Trump's campaign hopes to simply move on without further addressing questions about the speech.

Aides to the presumptive Republican nominee are scrambling to move past the imbroglio after a passage in Melania Trump's speech Monday night, which headlined the Republican National Convention's opening night, closely mirrored a portion of Michelle Obama's address to the Democratic National Convention in 2008.

It's set off infighting and finger-pointing within Trump's campaign, and two sources told CNN that Donald Trump himself is furious about it.

Trump's aides chalked the controversy up to media bias and blamed Hillary Clinton's campaign -- even though the apparent plagiarism was discovered by an independent journalist and had gone viral before Clinton's allies and Democrats even weighed in.

In an interview with CNN's Chris Cuomo on "New Day," campaign chairman Paul Manafort denied the allegations of plagiarism.

"To think that she would do something like that knowing how scrutinized her speech was going to be last night is just really absurd," Manafort said.

Manafort said the words Melania used were not "cribbed" but are common words.

"There's no cribbing of Michelle Obama's speech. These were common words and values. She cares about her family," Manafort said. "To think that she'd be cribbing Michelle Obama's words is crazy."

Sean Spicer, the Republican National Committee's chief strategist, invoked "My Little Pony" in defending the speech in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

"Melania Trump said, 'the strength of your dreams and willingness to work for them.' Twilight Sparkle from 'My Little Pony' said, 'This is your dream. Anything you can do in your dreams, you can do now,' " Spicer said.

He also compared passages of Trump's speech with phrases from musicians John Legend and Kid Rock.

"I mean if we want to take a bunch of phrases and run them through a Google and say, 'Hey, who else has said them,' I can do that in five minutes," Spicer said. "And that's what this is."

However, Trump's campaign faced criticism even from allies, who largely blamed staffers -- not Melania Trump.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/19/poli ... index.html


The only "sweaty" people around are putzes who have short memories and aren't too bright.
Last edited by Godstud on 26 Aug 2020 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
#15115656
Stinky, my point stands. It has nothing to do with her immigrant status or anything else, either. It doesn't make it any less relevant, either.

I see you have the need to play victim again, don't you, Child. Your big defense is to say she's an immigrant? Pathetic.
#15115658
OK but it's just that Biden appears to have copied parts of his DNC speech from a speech he gave in the 1980's or something and I haven't seen any posterinos from you about that. Is it because Biden is a white male? It's OK, we all have to challenge our own racism.
#15115659
Racism? Are you really that stupid, or does it take a lot of work to be that ignorant. :lol:

Melanie is a WHITE First Lady, who has a history of having plagiarized a speech from a Black First Lady. That it was 4 years ago, isn't irrelevant. It seems to me that you seem to think that history and facts aren't important.

You don't even know what racism, do you? That's why you keep making racist posts and mistaking things that have nothing to do with racism AS racism. I don't have the time nor the crayons to explain it further.
#15115660
OK sweaty first of all I'm choosing TRUTH OVER FACTS which is what Biden told me to do. I thought you were ridin with the Biden and now here you are telling me that I should care about "facts"? Yikes.

Second of all your the one who posted a link about 2016 so maybe you should cool down, its OK we all make mistakes.

Third uhm I forget.

Fourth slavs are arguably white but Biden is a white MALE so I was just commenting on your double standard to go after an immigrant over something from four years ago but the white male gets a pass on what he did last weak. Try looking in the mirror some time dear.
#15115661
Listen Stupid, that Melanie has a history of plagiarizing speeches, is a fact. I know racist republicans like you HATE facts.

That she plagiarized a speech is a fact. You're the poster who has made the error.

I never mentioned Melania's ethnicity or her gender at any time, so your Strawman argument is very childish.

Also, learn how to spell and write in English, Fool.
#15115664
Ever since Reagan, I've paid attention to the message the visuals were sending.

Anyone else notice how military her outfit was? This is a gal that likes feminine designer dresses, so what's up with the Castro imitation?

The vibes that thing threw off were freak city. Like a Christian tent revival worshiping their god.

Like when Eric was slamming Hunter, who didn't do what Eric actually did. Ok, that's more hallucinogenic.
#15115665
wulfschilde wrote:I guess immigrant women get held to a higher standard than white males running for president, what did I expect?
This has nothing to do with Biden. You are only seeking to distract and divert with lies and bullshit. You don't want to deal with reality.

Reality/fact: Melania plagiarized a speech from Michelle, 3 years ago. I commented on that. You can choose not to like it, but it's fact, and has nothing whatsoever to do with Biden.

But hey, keep on pretending otherwise, bitch.
#15115709
Wat0n wrote:Does anyone here really believe any of them will win by a landslide? I'm personally finding this election really, really hard to predict.

Given the difference between the DNC and RNC so far, I think Trump is going to take it. I watched a bit of the MSM last night and I think they are frankly delusional with their fake polling. Unlike most Republicans, Trump has made a significant outreach to black voters. I think he will pick up more of the black vote than the Democrats think, and I would wager that it is going to be a game changer.

Wat0n wrote:Then the protests and riots began, and thought (and still think) this could actually benefit Trump electorally since these have been taking place mostly in Democratic-led localities, suggesting a desertion from the Party and thus a newfound lack of guarantees Biden would recruit enough participation of Democrat voters since, no matter what they did, they would be pissing a constituency off.

The Democrats appear to have lost the confidence to govern. I think they have really screwed up in encouraging rioting and defunding the police. Older voters will remember what cities were like in the 1960s through the early 1980s.

Wat0n wrote:Yet then again Trump started to actually stir the pot (as he did before with encouraging anti-lockdown protests in Democratic-led States) at the very beginning of the riots, which could also move independents to vote him out.

There are a lot of polls out there that are deliberately fraudulent to try to create the impression that Democrats are doing better than they are. Some polling is now showing Trump with a lead among independent voters like me by +11. If that's true, this election is already over.

Godstud wrote:Melanie is a WHITE First Lady, who has a history of having plagiarized a speech from a Black First Lady.

A speech writer did it, not Melania. It seems you are upset that she gave such an excellent speech, and she's way hotter than Jill Biden.

Godstud wrote:That it was 4 years ago, isn't irrelevant.

Yes. It's irrelevant.

Godstud wrote:Listen Stupid, that Melanie has a history of plagiarizing speeches, is a fact.

Drlee syndrome. If you're going to call someone stupid, why not make a very small effort to get Melania Trump's name right?

Godstud wrote:Also, learn how to spell and write in English, Fool.

Given that you've misspelled Melania Trump's name twice, maybe you should take your own advice.

Godstud wrote:Ok, Bitch. Now just go back to your KKK meeting that you missed while trying to distract from the topic.

You know Biden's going to lose, don't you! Ha ha!
#15115711
blackjack21 wrote:You know Biden's going to lose, don't you! Ha ha!

now now sweaty, there is no need to get testy because I sexually identify as an alpha mommy wolf, so bitch is actually one of my pronouns. Common misunderstanding...
#15115930
Godstud wrote:Listen Stupid, that Melanie has a history of plagiarizing speeches, is a fact. I know racist republicans like you HATE facts.

That she plagiarized a speech is a fact. You're the poster who has made the error.


Yeah, but Michelle ripped off Jackie Kennedy and Laura Bush wholesale throughout her entire run.

This is like people accusing The Lion King of ripping off that White Lion show, when that Manga ripped off the classic film Bambi which The Lion King was in reality an official Disney remake of.

They're all First Ladies, they all pretty much copy whoever they though last did the job best.
#15116504
Saeko wrote:Biden has a greater than 97% chance of winning the popular vote and an 86% chance of winning the electoral college, according to The Economist.

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020- ... /president

So in other words, you think Biden is outperforming Hillary?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 20

@annatar1914 It matters little in any case wh[…]

Neoliberal obesity and coronavirus in Mexico

As you say, this is a choice of the consumer, and[…]

EU-BREXIT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTdMH46X[…]

Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, or[…]