Is NYC dead forever? - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:NY will recover eventually. All of the morons proclaiming big cities are definitively dead/dying are now slowly moving the goal post to instead say "well, they aren't going to recover as far. That's the point I was making". :roll: A nice slow prime to deflect from the original point. Slow boil the frog.

Side point. I'd also guess the metrics used to measure recovery are poor (as usual). Kind of like how we focus so much on GDP when it's a really bad metric for what's actually important to people (well being). Of course, we tend to focus on bad metrics not because they are good metrics but because they are easy to measure.

It's pathetic right wing delusional thinking that stems from the "All liberals are evil monsters, just like every pundit I listen to tells me." It also allows them to ignore how conservative policy actively kills them, lowers life expectancies, and chases business out of their state (abortion and the trans-bathroom bill being recent examples).

Also the fact that because rightwing thought offers no actual solutions to any problems and doesn't even pretend to lead to better material conditions for its adherents means that the only thing it can sell you is hatred of The Other. An enemy to hate and blame all of your problems on, someone who is undermining all that is good in America and your life. Obviously, the incredibly powerful and terrible liberals who are going to turn your children into woke trans antifa soldiers are incredibly weak losers who live in their own filth. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]