Kenosha, Wisconsin: is that how civil war starts? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
In Kenosha, Wisconsin, Jacob Blake was shot in the back 7 times by police officers while he was leaning into his car, only moments after this picture was taken.

Following the shooting, protests broke out, opposing demonstrators and heavily armed civilian claiming to protect property. Two unarmed civilians were killed by one of the armed man. Trump ordered 500 national guard troops to Wisconsin for quelling the civil unrest. He didn't say anything about police killings.

If you allow groups of armed men to walk the streets, people will get shot. That is inevitable.

Jacob Blake protests: Fresh clashes after Wisconsin shooting

Jacob Blake: Trump sends federal officers to Wisconsin protests
In response to this shooting, the Milwaukee Bucks boycotted and simply outright refused to play basketball today in the NBA. I stand with these players. Black Lives Matter:

David Close of CNN wrote:The Milwaukee Bucks have decided to boycott their playoff game Wednesday with the Orlando Magic. The game broadcast on NBA TV reported the players are sitting out in protest.

The game was scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. at Disney World in Orlando.

The Bucks did not emerge from their locker room before the scheduled tip. There has been no official announcement from the league.
The protest comes after the police shooting of Jacob Blake in the Bucks' home state of Wisconsin.

NBA players from multiple teams have voiced their opinions that not enough is being done about police killings and brutality. Several were asked about the possible boycott over the last 24 hours. Many said it was being discussed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/26/sport/mi ... index.html
annatar1914 wrote:Send in the troops, disperse all the rioters and agitators and protestors and counter-protestors and armed militias on all sides, and this will end with law and order for all, let justice take it's course.

Indeed, this was something that was in the making the moment the various levels of government were unable to restore order.
@wat0n @annatar1914

These people have a constitutionally protected right to protest and don't need a tyrannical government from stopping them from allowing their voices to be heard. If the government wants to stop the chaos then they need to deploy police to arrest those who bring guns or weapons to the protest and are committing murders while allowing others to demonstrate and exercise their first amendment rights. It would also help if the police and the system would start respecting the right of all citizens instead of just ONLY white peoples rights.
annatar1914 wrote:Send in the troops, disperse all the rioters and agitators and protestors and counter-protestors and armed militias on all sides, and this will end with law and order for all, let justice take it's course.

That makes sense, however, left wing mayors and governors depend on the votes of the radical left to get elected. The radical left does not want troops or police intervention.
wat0n wrote:Indeed, this was something that was in the making the moment the various levels of government were unable to restore order.

Unable? Either that or unwilling. You send in the troops and maintain a mandatory curfew, shoot the looters and the arsonists and vandals, no problem. No demonstrations or counter demonstrations, militias on various sides of various issues out in the streets, just law and order so that we can all maintain civilization and then we can proceed to mete out some justice while we're at it. This isn't a racial thing.

I'm a Statist, a real one. ALL political factions in America are on my spectrum either de facto ''Anarchist'' or close to it. This needs to stop, and to the Devil with anybody who says i'm advocating ''Tyranny''. Fuck all these Libertarian bastards, people deserve peace and safety for them and their families to work and live decent lives, this is what government is for, it's first and primary function. People whine about their ''Bill of Rights'' liberties, well how about a ''Bill of duties''? How about a Socio-Economic system that doesn't support this hyper-individualistic asinine philosophy to begin with, so we don't have to worry about ''Racism'' or any other antisocial garbage?
Politics_Observer wrote:@wat0n @annatar1914

These people have a constitutionally protected right to protest and don't need a tyrannical government from stopping them from allowing their voices to be heard. If the government wants to stop the chaos then they need to deploy police to arrest those who bring guns or weapons to the protest and are committing murders while allowing others to demonstrate and exercise their first amendment rights. It would also help if the police and the system would start respecting the right of all citizens instead of just ONLY white peoples rights.

What a weak comment Mr. President!! Are you implying the cops allow antifa to protest and not BLM?
@annatar1914

You're not law and order if you do not recognize what is fundamentally on the law books. Stop acting like you are some kind of "law and order" guy because your not. You are advocating tyranny and trying to dress it up as "law and order." Here is what the law says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Politics_Observer wrote:I stand with these players. Black Lives Matter:

Oh please spare me this fake concern for darker skinned people or darker skinned people with recent African origin. I never know whether South Asians count as Black in your bizarre racial profiling /labelling schema. Over recent decades, millions, I repeat millions have died in the conflicts of Congo and Rwanda. No one cares about these lives or the tens of millions that have had their lives devastated by these conflicts. Why don't they care? Because there deaths, their suffering offers nothing to the good America / evil America narratives.

Once Biden sewed up the nomination America's politics became even more narcissistic and parochial than normal. And much of the rest of the world seems to want join America in its narcissism. People used to at least care about the deaths of Palestinian and Israelis, but as Biden's policy seems indistinguishable from Trump's on Israel, no one or nearly no one cares about that at the moment. Its the same with the US's continued presence in Iraq.

What about justice for the Black men and women executed by cops? You know, the stuff that's causing the protests...
Politics_Observer wrote:@wat0n @annatar1914

These people have a constitutionally protected right to protest and don't need a tyrannical government from stopping them from allowing their voices to be heard. If the government wants to stop the chaos then they need to deploy police to arrest those who bring guns or weapons to the protest while allowing others to demonstrate and exercise their first amendment rights.

Sure, they do. But in doing so, in practice, the peaceful protesters get caught in between (sometimes "in between" meaning "crossfire").

So here's the thing. Choose between having the Government restore order, even at the expense of having peaceful demonstrators being caught in the crossfire, and chaos also at the expense of peaceful demonstrators being caught in the crossfire (between far leftists and far rightists this time). What happened in Kenosha was what has been written in the wall for a while now, something I already called before. As early as late May, if anything.
Very few leaders are in these cities and states are calling for calm, and in fact they most elected officials are all just throwing gasoline on the situation with highly inflammatory rhetoric.

Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are allowing people to organize to riots and allowing race agitators like Shaun King to openly call for rioting, unrest and more violence.

By the way, I tried to start an adult conversation about this 5 years ago, but the thread got dumped into the conspiracy theory section.
Politics_Observer wrote:@annatar1914

You're not law and order if you do not recognize what is fundamentally on the law books. Stop acting like you are some kind of "law and order" guy because your not. You are advocating tyranny and trying to dress it up as "law and order." Here is what the law says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

@Politics_Observer ;

There's the natural law, and then there's American law. American law is fatally flawed because it's assumption of good will, and it's massive amounts of ''rights'' and ''liberties'' at the expense of ''duties'' and ''social responsibilities''. We wouldn't have a racial problem or the socio-economic problems we have if we focused more on personal responsibility towards others instead of individual egoism. There is no justice for anyone without these prerequisites.

@skinster , I believe that covers your comment as well
Politic_Observer wrote:These people have a constitutionally protected right to protest and don't need a tyrannical government from stopping them from allowing their voices to be heard.

They have a right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances. They do not have the right to loot, riot or commit arson. Their stated problem is with the police, not with mattress stores, etc.

annatar1914 wrote:Unable? Either that or unwilling.

They have been encouraging riots and violence. I think they get upset when Antifa or BLM people get hurt or killed, but it doesn't seem to bother them at all when other people are hurt or killed.

Wat0n wrote:What happened in Kenosha was what has been written in the wall for a while now, something I already called before. As early as late May, if anything.

I got you beat by a month, but pretty much because I think the financial hardship of the lockdowns was going to backfire on the establishment.
Me predicting political violence.

When someone gets shot by the police, the natural instinct isn't to rob a mattress store.
annatar1914 wrote:There's the natural law, and then there's American law. American law is fatally flawed because it's assumption of good will, and it's massive amounts of ''rights'' and ''liberties'' at the expense of ''duties'' and ''social responsibilities''. We wouldn't have a racial problem or the socio-economic problems we have if we focused more on personal responsibility towards others instead of individual egoism. There is no justice for anyone without these prerequisites.

It's odd, I don't really see American law as being flawed (even though it assumes people act in good faith, the consequences of not doing so are not nice), and there are also plenty of duties and responsibilities that go along with those rights. Indeed, having a right often creates a duty to respect others' rights.

I can't help but be thrown back to Presidents like Ike or Kennedy (this isn't a partisan issue), during the '50s and '60s. Back then, they did what was necessary to prevent the kind of thing that happened last night as much as possible. I sometimes think people should actually listen to their speeches on these matters:

Eisenhower's speech

JFK's speech
annatar1914 wrote:There's the natural law, and then there's American law. American law is fatally flawed because it's assumption of good will, and it's massive amounts of ''rights'' and ''liberties'' at the expense of ''duties'' and ''social responsibilities''. We wouldn't have a racial problem or the socio-economic problems we have if we focused more on personal responsibility towards others instead of individual egoism. There is no justice for anyone without these prerequisites.

This is a weird way to respond to requests of justice for people executed by cops.
wat0n wrote:It's odd, I don't really see American law as being flawed (even though it assumes people act in good faith, the consequences of not doing so are not nice), and there are also plenty of duties and responsibilities that go along with those rights. Indeed, having a right often creates a duty to respect others' rights.

I can't help but be thrown back to Presidents like Ike or Kennedy (this isn't a partisan issue), during the '50s and '60s. Back then, they did what was necessary to prevent the kind of thing that happened last night as much as possible. I sometimes think people should actually listen to their speeches on these matters:

Eisenhower's speech

JFK's speech

It comes down to the ''assumes people act in good faith'', which I don't assume. I believe that it's not rocket science to jail people for being criminals, nor is it too complicated to suppress obvious anti-social fascist ideologies like various forms of racial supremacy, from any race. Meritocracy and even a sort of workable Democracy are possible, but only with the rule of law, strictly enforced, and social cohesion. Police officers, mind you, who engage in criminal acts allegedly in the suppression of crime are criminals themselves.

@skinster ; what's weird about demanding social and personal responsibility from people, and thereby achieving greater justice for people suffering from police unaccountability? That is, the tools are there already in existence for reorganization of the police forces for greater accountability, once the realization that police officers can be criminals themselves takes hold.

Hmm. How old is this guy? Could be he is not an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]