First 2020 Debate Thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Anyone else watching this?

Joe messed it up pretty badly right out the gate. "200 million... 200 thousands dead, how many of them survived?" He looks wounded and wincing much of the time to me. Trump looks decisive and unflustered, constantly putting in zingers on Biden about how no one wants to attend his events etc.

Update 1: Trump says that people want to be open, Biden says that people want to be "safe".

Update 2: Trump denies the NYT tax returns story. Says he paid "millions of dollars" but that he "doesn't want to pay tax."

Update 3: Biden defending his son now, says that he didn't receive any money from Moscow.
LOL I knew they were going to talk about Charlottesville and imaginary white supremacists who are trying to keep black people down or something.

I think they might have already talked about covid. Did they talk about how we have to were masks forever to keep 200 million Americans from dropping dead in the streets?
Trump hasn't even responded to the Charlottesville thing, lol.

Trump segwayed from Biden's crime bills from the past to talking about his endorsements from police unions.

Update 1: Man, Biden's voice sounds so bad.
Trump: "Name one law enforcement group that supports you."

Biden: "We don't have time."

Update: Trump had an answer for everything in this debate. When asked about climate change and car regulations, Trump said that keeping older cars on the road for longer periods of time leads to a net save in total emissions. The reports that he wasn't prepping for this debate were clearly wrong.
By maz
This is the worst thing I have watched in a long time. Chris Wallace is so obviously protecting Biden and antifa. This gate keeping is even more blatant than 2016. Trump is not performing that well even though getting in a few zingers.
Personally I found it really entertaining and I think that Trump did well.
In terms of policy, Biden specifically and repeatedly said he rejects the "green new deal" which is probably a shock to the AOC coven.
NASDAQ stock futures swung from -0.2% to +0.71% by the end of this debate, suggesting that the traders believe Trump won. Yesterday was a mostly flat market because everyone was waiting to see if this played out as expected and at this point it looks like it has.
Trump was entertaining as usual, many funny snide remarks. There is no way to present him as geriatric or lacking in energy. He's just a grumpy old bully. Biden wasn't a total geriatric but he came off as weak and afraid of Trump. Biden's attempt at party-agnostic conciliation came off as meek and pathetic. Such a shamefur dispray will only appeal to his own supporters, not the side he is attempting to court. Most republicans still keen on Trump or at the very least averse to Biden will now be even more convinced Biden is too weak a character. Trump has set a high dick bar. Biden ain't much of a dick. He's a pussy, and pussies get fucked by dicks.

Got to look at these 'debates' as what they are, popularity contests and the draw is clowning around. The content of what is said is irrelevant beyond fun little sound bites.

What we have determined is that Trump won't accept an election result that is delayed by mail in ballots. He has set the stage for drama, with his call for count in ballot observers and his desire to not concede an election night victory up to two weeks or more after the election night. He will declare victory on the night, and the rest will be a shit show. To his credit the democrats are being super suspect with their 'we encourage muh mail in ballots'. Those are very easy to manipulate. Thousands can end up in landfill without a trace.

Civil War lol

I detest creepy uncle Biden and the DNC, and on Trump I'm totally neutral at this point. But the best outcome for 'America' this November is that Biden wins a total victory ON THE NIGHT, then the ballots can be safely ignored. And Trump would concede at that point. The USA could then waddle along for a few decades longer. Best outcome for the world would be if Trump won on the night, and this sickly Empire causing so much trouble and drama for the world finally fell to pieces. The US Federal Regime is a disaster on so many levels. I have much more love for the individual states and many regions these states comprise. They have cultures and character. They make sense. But this unholy amalgamation they call themselves a collective part of is chronically diseased. Better it dies quickly.
That was the worst political debate i've ever watched. All they did was interrupt each other and snipe backhanded comments and insults. Trump came out really angry and was interrupting Biden constantly and wouldn't STFU, Trump basically ruined the debate, what a horrible performance for him. Next debate they need a really tough moderator to enforce things and let people speak. I thought Biden held his own, definitely looked far more civil, he for sure won the debate. He seemed pretty old though.

Biden was asked more than once if he would stack the Supreme Court by adding more justices and he repeatedly refused to answer the question, which tells you he's considering it. Disturbing.

Trump basically denied climate change and showed that he clearly has no idea about most of the major legislation, doesn't know hardly any details, and just says very vague things like "Obamacare was terrible". What a moron.

If these are the 2 best that America's got the country is in trouble.
Wulfschilde wrote:Update 1: Trump says that people want to be open, Biden says that people want to be "safe".

Yeah, I thought Biden was really pessimistic on the coronavirus, and his sort of anti-vaxxer embrace is a poor tactic. Trump came right back, "You don't trust Pfizer? Moderna? Johnson & Johnson? And many others?" The Democrats are clearly selling depression.

Wulfschilde wrote:Update 2: Trump denies the NYT tax returns story. Says he paid "millions of dollars" but that he "doesn't want to pay tax."

It was stupid for them to go there. It's obviously staged. Biden releases his tax returns, the NYTimes runs the story on Trump taxes, and Chris Wallace decides to ask him a question about it? This stuff used to fly, but it's so pat that the collusion is obvious. Wallace says he didn't share the questions with the candidates or the commission, but he obviously structured many of the questions with the help of the DNC and the rest of the media. Still, they didn't land a punch, as Trump pointed out that his ability to carry losses forward expanded under Obama, and he also noted that he got tax credits for buying and re-developing the Old Post Office building, and pointed out that Obama fired the guy who made that deal with Trump. Funny.

Wulfschilde wrote:Update 3: Biden defending his son now, says that he didn't receive any money from Moscow.

Where I think Biden fucked up regarding his son was trying to attack Trump on the obviously phony story that Trump called troops suckers and losers, and invoked the memory of his dead son Beau, to which Trump pivoted and attacked Hunter.

Wulfschilde wrote:Trump: "Name one law enforcement group that supports you."

Biden: "We don't have time."

That was classic. Biden should have been better prepare on that. Biden also pitched the sum and substance of defund the police with the idea that they need to go on patrols with psychologists. :roll:

maz wrote:Chris Wallace is so obviously protecting Biden and antifa. This gate keeping is even more blatant than 2016.

Yes, but Trump handled that well. Where Romney and McCain cucked to the rules, Trump pushed back even suggesting that he probably should be debating Chris Wallace instead of Biden, to which even Biden laughed.

Wat0n wrote:I don't think many people will change their opinions after this debate.

It's really for independent voters who haven't made up their minds.

Igor Antunov wrote:Trump was entertaining as usual, many funny snide remarks.

Even Biden was laughing at times. Like, "you can't even remember what college you graduated from" got a laugh out of Biden.

Igor Antunov wrote:Biden wasn't a total geriatric but he came off as weak and afraid of Trump.

I think he was afraid of having to commit. When Biden slammed the Green New Deal, Trump said, "you just lost the left."

Unthinking Majority wrote:Biden was asked more than once if he would stack the Supreme Court by adding more justices and he repeatedly refused to answer the question, which tells you he's considering it. Disturbing.

That was the point of Trump's attacks and interruptions.
This was disgusting. Just disgusting.
Drlee wrote:This was disgusting. Just disgusting.

Disgustingly entertaining. :excited:

Too bad millions of livelihoods and lives are at stake. But in the end, we must look at the bright side of life, da dum da dum da dum dee dum dee dum always look on the briiiiight side of life.
..., da dum da dum da dum dee dum dee dum always look on the briiiiight side of life.

Life's a piece of shit, When you look at it, Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.....
Igor Antunov wrote:Disgustingly entertaining. :excited:

Too bad millions of livelihoods and lives are at stake. But in the end, we must look at the bright side of life, da dum da dum da dum dee dum dee dum always look on the briiiiight side of life.

I think Trump won, he didn't allow Biden a chance to push his own platform, which was clearly the Trump strategy for this debate. So he achieved his goal, while Biden obviously didn't.
TLDR version of the debate:

1) Biden didn't implode like Trumpists wanted.

2) "Shut up, man" was brilliant.

3) The rest you can decide for yourself depending on your ideological leaning and preference.
Vice President Biden's a good speaker but President Trump didn't let him speak much. Fair enough. But President Trump looked like a grumpy, bossy bully.

This isn't the first Debate I've seen that's left me thinking the moderator ought to be able to switch on/off the debators' microphone gizmo

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]