On Mon. Krystal and Saagar on “Rising” on “The Hill” nailed “what the last election means.” - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Krystal and Saagar on “Rising” on “The Hill” nailed “what the last election means.”

On last Sat. all the major media outlets called the election for Biden, and Trump unofficially lost.

Over the weekend and all last week people have been thinking about what the election means, and what we should learn from it. Krystal and Saagar on “Rising”, on “The Hill” were in that group. So, it is no surprise that their Monday show reflected their thoughts. And, oh my God, did they nail it or what?

You can jump down and see what they said, or you can read my screed.
1] You have to decide if the American people collectively know what needs to be done now. Or, decide if you know better than they do?
2] The voters fixed it so that everybody lost, that is, everyone who is an elected official and toes their party's line lost in some sense.
3] The voters want a better economic deal, and they want to be left the f alone. Polls have shown that the voters want the following by 60% to 80% margins:
. . a] A $15 min. wage. And soon will want a $20 min. wage. Don't be fooled, this will raise the wages of half the population, i.e. the half who earn anywhere near $15 or $20/hr. now. Don't be fooled, all large corps. can easily pay this. For example, in Denmark cashiers and cooks at McDonald's are paid $22 & $23 per hr., in the US they are paid $8 & $9/hr.
. . b] More worker rights and Union rights.
. . c] A wealth tax on the very wealthy.
. . d] The Gov. to have a public option for health insurance, or to offer M4A.
. . e] More money paid to them now in this pandemic.
. . f] The US Gov. to just pay for free college at state Univ. for all who's families earn less than $200K/yr.
. . g] The “leave me alone” part relates to the woke culture thing, and to the everyone who voted for Trump did it purely for racists reasons thing.
. . h] [I think that the voters are beginning to feel in their gut that somehow the Repuds know that the Gov. can afford to give tax cuts to the very wealthy, so they can't use excuse of “where will we find the money for all this?” when the above { d], e], & f] }will give money to them.] I realize that the voters still can't grasp how the Repuds can do it, but the voters can clearly see them doing it without damage to the economy. I, OTOH, can see that the Repuds use an MMT like understanding of the economy to know that the tax cuts will not damage the economy, (even if it does damage the nation in some other fundamental ways).
. . . If the wealthy threaten to take their money and go live elsewhere, I say fine. I can say this because the US Gov. can replace the money they take by just creating it using the magic money tree. I might even offer to sell them gold from Fort Knox because I know that functionally the US has no need for it and letting the rich keep their dollars might let them hurt America. I would also pass a law that such people can not own American land or US corp. stock; or the Gov. can/will confiscate it (3 years after they leave the nation, never to return).

Opening

why polls off

Saagar's radar

Krystal's radar

kasich is wrong

My final thought to leave you with today is ---
American politics is just Kabuki theater, that is everyone in it (i.e. involved in it) is either a bold face liar or has been duped. For example, IMHO if someone believes that mainstream or neo-liberal economics is the only truth, then he/she has been duped; but if that someone is an economics professor, then she/he is a bold faced liar. The conventional wisdom about American politics today is all wrong and many (but, surely not all) of the people you see spouting it in the media *know* it is wrong.
. . . For the last 4 years we have been treated to evidence that some people can lie, and lie, and lie, and lie; and hope you will fall for it.
. . . The purpose of this Kabuki theater is to give the American people a form of gladiatorial games to distract them from how they are being screwed over by the 1%.

The articles presented by Five, are about failed […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]