Why is it that 4 of the 5 greatest US Presidents were Progressives and the other one was Washington? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
My list of the greatest US Presidents in chronological order is --
George Washington, an "independent" and national hero.
Thomas Jefferson, the founder of what became the Democratic Party, a Progressive.
Abraham Lincoln, a leader of the new Progressive Republican Party.
Terry Roosevelt, a surprise Progressive in the, by then, Regressive Republican Party.
Franklin Roosevelt, the Progressive leader of the Democratic Party that saved the nation in the Depression and WWII.

The heads of 1st 4 are carved on Mt. Rushmore and FDR wasn't eligible because he was still President and his best was yet to come.

I think that a lot, or a majority, of historians agree with my list.

You might notice that 4 are Progressives. If you disagree, I'll be glad to argue with you and win. Of those 4, 2 were Democrats and 2 were Republicans. Washington was an independent and I'm not sure he was Progressive, but I'm sure that he was not a "Regressive". [Yes, Regressive is my made up word for the opposite of a Progressive.]

Why do you-all think that that is so? What is it about historians or Americans that they choose to honor Progressives as the greatest American Presidents?

Is there a lesson there for Pres.-elect Biden?

[Notes--
a] Jefferson founded the Democratic (aka Democratic-Republican) Party to oppose the Federalist Party which was becoming Regressive.
b] By 1854, when the Republican Party was founded, the Dem Party had been captured by the elite businessmen and had become a Regressive Party. So, the nation needed a new Progressive Party to lead it into a brighter future.
c] By 1880 the Republican Party had been captured by the elite businessmen and had become a Regressive Party. So, a Progressive Party was needed to lead the nation into a brighter future and Teddy Roosevelt rebelled and for a while tuned the Repub. Party to Progressivism until it was recaptured by the elite businessmen. At that time the Dem Party was also Regressive as it was that party of Jim Crow.
d] With the onset of the Great Depression the nation needed a rebirth of a Progressive Party to lead the nation into a brighter future and Franklin Roosevelt did just that.]

Pres.-elect Joe Biden are you listening? Do you want to be honored as a Great American President? You can do it. The path may not be easy, but it is clearly marked. Just follow the path.
The list of great American President show that the best way to become "Great" is to be President in a crisis (Washington in the Rev. War), Lincoln and FDR, or to just advance Progressive ideas Jefferson (in the Dec. of Ind.) and Teddy Roosevelt just because he did.

Biden will become Prsident in th middle of a crisis that has not been well handled. This means he can easily become Great. He just needs to control the virus, get the people back to work (or at least have an income), and enact some progressive policies. To do this he must either get full control of the Senate after Jan 5th, or after the-mid-term elections. To win control of the Senate in 2022 he must start running in Jan. against the Repuds in the Senate who are blocking him. He must win the PR fight to convince the American people that it isn't his fault because the Repuds can't be reasoned with. This was the mistake that Obama made. He kept trying to be reasonable and the voters didn't grok that 99% of the problem was with the Repuds. So, the voters punished the Dems for failing to deliver their promise of "Change" (for the better). If the voters do that again 2022, then it *is* Biden's fault because I warned him. Biden needs to hammer home the fact that the Repuds met in 2009 and decided to block everything Obama needed or wanted to do. And accuse them of trying to do it gain. Not once or twice, but every week if not every day. [But, this is IF the Dems do *not* win the 2 runoff elections in Georgia or Sen. Manchin will not let them repeal the filibuster rule.]

BTW --- if the Dem leaders don't convince Manchin to repel the filibuster and they leave him in his leadership positions in the Party and Senate, then the Progressives will have to move to the Green Party in mass (hopefully, taking their voters with them). This is because it will be clear that the Dems are as bad as the Repuds when it comes to blocking the Progressive agenda. Hopefully, there are enough Progressive voters in many districts that they can get a majority or plurality of the votes in many districts, and so win seats in the House and maybe Senate. At the Presidential level they may need to unite one more time behind the Dem candidate. Maybe. However, we are running out of time. or those who don't grok the climate situation let me explain.

Their is very little doubt in scientists' minds that there are tipping points as the temps rise. There is a lot of doubt of exactly at what temp they are lurking. We can go past one very easily and not know it for a year or 2. However, if we do that, then 3 deg. C above the temp *now* is very likely to happen much faster than the people can imagine, just a few decades. Then a few more decades will see 5 deg. C above the temp now. At 5 deg. above now there will be few places left for humans to live. Remember, your AC units only work for years without repairs and parts and freeon. They will not last for decades, they will fail and then how can *you* live in 120 deg. F heat all summer with 130 deg. days? What will you eat? Will there even be water to drink? Look up wet bulb temp to see what happens to humans when it gets too hot and humid.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipmen[…]

@Pants-of-dog it is not harassment for students […]

So do many other races and people. This genetic […]