For the first time in 4 years, we have a president that is a president - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
If you define president as something you do, Trump was never president. He just sat in the office, sometimes.

I watched Biden's inauguration speech, for about 10 seconds, and walked away. He was talking about a unity that was never going to happen. IOW, a politician doing what politicians do. Normal, ignorable.

Biden will be millions of times better than Trump. You could prob hold a lottery and get someone thousands of times better.

But Republicans have wandered off the reservation, and that ugly reality is already playing out in the halls of Congress with Hawley slow walking nominees. Why anyone is tolerating his continued presence there mystifies me.

It's a good thing the kids from Georgia won.
I have to agree. It SURE IS NICE to have a normal President again. No more having to turn the TV off every single time I see the President because I don't want to hear his abuse to the rest of the country. Now I can keep the TV on and be assured we won't be hearing our President abuse the rest of the country and spreading hatred and lies.
Politics_Observer wrote:I have to agree. It SURE IS NICE to have a normal President again. No more having to turn the TV off every single time I see the President because I don't want to hear his abuse to the rest of the country. Now I can keep the TV on and be assured we won't be hearing our President abuse the rest of the country and spreading hatred and lies.

Why don't you just ignore him and change the channel? That's the best way to enjoy having a president that is a president, he won't say anything worth listening to anyway.
Finfinder wrote:
Oh yeah Biden will be 1 million times better we are already seeing the Biden effect of increasing fuel prices. Just what middle America needs for their disposable income.

"Supply and demand factors have helped crude oil prices rise “steadily throughout December and the first week of January,” according to U.S. Energy Information Administration. During that time, Brent and West Texas Intermediate settled at their highest levels since February 2020, with prices of more than $50 per barrel.

“Expectations of economic recovery associated with the approval and production of a number of COVID-19 vaccines is perhaps the most significant demand-side factor in crude oil price changes. Vaccine efforts have contributed to a broad increase in prices across most asset classes and commodities, reflecting market expectations for economic growth,” according to the EIA."

So Biden is to blame for something that happened before he was president. And reflects optimism. That's the kind of lie you expect at a bar from a guy that's slamming back boilermakers...

https://www.robesonian.com/news/141563/ ... ing-higher
late wrote:"Supply and demand factors have helped crude oil prices rise “steadily throughout December and the first week of January,” according to U.S. Energy Information Administration. During that time, Brent and West Texas Intermediate settled at their highest levels since February 2020, with prices of more than $50 per barrel.

“Expectations of economic recovery associated with the approval and production of a number of COVID-19 vaccines is perhaps the most significant demand-side factor in crude oil price changes. Vaccine efforts have contributed to a broad increase in prices across most asset classes and commodities, reflecting market expectations for economic growth,” according to the EIA."

So Biden is to blame for something that happened before he was president. And reflects optimism. That's the kind of lie you expect at a bar from a guy that's slamming back boilermakers...

https://www.robesonian.com/news/141563/ ... ing-higher

Oil prices are traded on the futures market the speculation is occurring now what part of that is hard for you to understand. It’s the Biden affect just what people need when they don’t have jobs, just what people need a repeat a history when the economy sucked what did Obama do? He doubled down on spending and regulations. Hold on tight for another shit economy that could break records again. I’m real glad that all the snowflakes feelings won’t get hurt because they can now watch the president on TV fumble and stumble..

So is this the forums first “but Trump” you should get an award for that
Rancid wrote:All of a sudden we care about oil.

What are you talking about you didn’t care how much it cost to fill your tank depending on which president is in office, that doesn’t make sense sense. People don’t have disposable incomes as it is, doesn’t take much to see that really high gas prices is going to be crippling to the economy.
B0ycey wrote:What for oil in a decades time? The UK is talking of banning Petrol cars in 2030 and other countries are following suit. High prices are short change when you consider the long term trend for oil. Perhaps an increase in minimum wage would satisfy people's living costs. Or maybe they could cycle @Finfinder.

How do you increase the minimum wage of people that don’t have jobs due to the pandemic, is the timing and logic something that escapes the leftists? Biden said one of the first executive orders he’s going to sign is canceling the keystone pipeline.
Last edited by Finfinder on 20 Jan 2021 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
Finfinder wrote:What are you talking about you didn’t care how much it cost to fill your tank depending on which president is in office, that doesn’t make sense sense. People don’t have disposable incomes as it is, doesn’t take much to see that really high gas prices is going to be crippling to the economy.

You will see more price hikes. It is called "green deal". New administration plans to make oil expensive with taxing. They want to make oil looks expensive compared to renewable energy sources whih are really very expensive.

Your industry will go bankrupt with unsustainable energy costs while Chinese will keep using cheap oil to make their economy massive large. :lol:
Istanbuller wrote:You will see more price hikes. It is called "green deal". New administration plans to make oil expensive with taxing. They want to make oil looks expensive compared to renewable energy sources whih are really very expensive.

Your industry will go bankrupt with unsustainable energy costs while Chinese will keep using cheap oil to make their economy massive large. :lol:

It’s Obama .20. What did Obama do when the economy was struggling he spent money hand over fist instead of focusing on creating jobs and lowering taxes. At least Joe Biden won’t hurt peoples feelings when he’s on TV now..
B0ycey wrote:What for oil in a decades time? The UK is talking of banning Petrol cars in 2030 and other countries are following suit. High prices are short change when you consider the long term trend for oil. Perhaps an increase in minimum wage would satisfy people's living costs. Or maybe they could cycle @Finfinder.

Good on them. Oil will never be made obsolete (plastics and rubbers are still extremely important), but most oil is used for transport, and that segment of oil use will become obsolete in the next decade or two.

Finfinder wrote:How do you increase the minimum wage of people

You can't, capitalism doesn't allow it.
Finfinder wrote:It’s Obama .20. What did Obama do when the economy was struggling he spent money hand over fist instead of focusing on creating jobs and lowering taxes. At least Joe Biden won’t hurt peoples feelings when he’s on TV now..

Isn't it funny that even central planist and communist head of China knows better what is good for their country and people? :D

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]