Trump on trial - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Russianbear
jimjam wrote:Trump is the most disgraceful president in US history. He is unconscionable and the GOP willingness to support his blatant filthy big lie is the biggest disgrace that party has conjured in my lifetime. It is my deep wish that justice is served, Trump is the center of the lie dividing the country and he must be brought to justice. This gutless soul-less man, a manipulating lying sketchy con man, brought the country to this. This cannot and must not be swept under the rug. At Trump's impeachment trial, the Democrats need to expose the plot and explain it to the public over and over in all media outlets, loudly and forcefully. They must bang away it just as the GOP banged away at Benghazi for years, except the Democrats must do it louder.

Trump was the last chance to save America. Sorry it's too late now.

By Steve_American
jimjam wrote:President Donald J. Trump pressed top Justice Department officials late last year to declare that the election was corrupt even though they had found no instances of widespread fraud. The exchange unfolded during a phone call on Dec. 27 in which Mr. Trump pressed the acting attorney general at the time, Jeffrey A. Rosen, and his deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, on voter fraud claims that the department had disproved. Mr. Donoghue warned that the department had no power to change the outcome of the election. “Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, Mr. Donoghue wrote in summarizing Mr. Trump’s response.

The Godfather …… er …. president has spoken.

I totally know that you are just quoting what everyone in the media says, however ---

the media should be saying "... even though they had found no more than several instances of voter fraud in any state."

IMO, there is a huge difference between "even though they had found no instances of widespread [voter] fraud', and "no more than several instances of voter fraud in any state".
By jimjam
Steve_American wrote:I totally know that you are just quoting what everyone in the media says, however ---

the media should be saying "... even though they had found no more than several instances of voter fraud in any state."

IMO, there is a huge difference between "even though they had found no instances of widespread [voter] fraud', and "no more than several instances of voter fraud in any state".

Hi Steve, Way cool that you "totally"( not 99% :lol: ) know that i am unable to think for myself.

Several instances of voter fraud in any state is also way cool but ......... methinks the young man may be playing with himself. While you are at it, how does voter fraud on behalf of Fat Donald stack up in your total vision.
By jimjam
Russianbear wrote:Trump was the last chance to save America. Sorry it's too late now.

No way man. Godzilla will save America. It's true, i saw it on youtube ....

By Steve_American
jimjam wrote:Hi Steve, Way cool that you "totally"( not 99% :lol: ) know that i am unable to think for myself.

Several instances of voter fraud in any state is also way cool but ......... methinks the young man may be playing with himself. While you are at it, how does voter fraud on behalf of Fat Donald stack up in your total vision.

Jimjam, I respect you a lot.
However, are you claiming that you never heard a media person say, "wide spread voter fraud".
I ask because, if you heard it once, then it could have stuck in your mind as the proper phrase to use.
That is all I meant.

[Please understand that IMHO, all of the giants of history stand on the shoulders of previous giants. That very few actually invented the ideas and words they used. For exammple, IIRC, Pres. Lincoln was not the 1st person to write or say "government of the people, by the people, and for the people". We all absorb the ideas of previous people, and more often than not, just choose the 'correct' ones as our own. (Correct in our opinion at least.) This process of choosing what ideas to believe and repeat is what I believe we all think of as "thinking for myself".]

But "wide spread" is not definite enough, IMHO.
"Not more than several cases of voter fraud in any state" is definite, and it is the truth.
Several out of 100K or millions of votes cast in each state is not significiant.
By Steve_American
Russianbear wrote:Trump was the last chance to save America. Sorry it's too late now.

Sir, the image you posted (from a video) is very misleading.

My immigrant roots are British. Yet, for that bar graph, I don't count at all.

IMO, 17.2M compared to 330M total is about 5%. And, 5% is not going to undermine the culture of America. This is because most of them are law abiding people. They want to conform to American values, for the most part. OTOH, if there are immigrant groups who don't want to conform to the law and American values, because for some reason they think their values are better; then if that group is large enough (i.e. > somewhere around 0.5%) then that can be a problem.

I really don't think that immigrants from India are going to try to impose their caste system on America.
By jimjam
Steve_American wrote:Jimjam, I respect you a lot.
However, are you claiming that you never heard a media person say, "wide spread voter fraud".
I ask because, if you heard it once, then it could have stuck in your mind as the proper phrase to use.
That is all I meant.

[Please understand that IMHO, all of the giants of history stand on the shoulders of previous giants. That very few actually invented the ideas and words they used. For exammple, IIRC, Pres. Lincoln was not the 1st person to write or say "government of the people, by the people, and for the people". We all absorb the ideas of previous people, and more often than not, just choose the 'correct' ones as our own. (Correct in our opinion at least.) This process of choosing what ideas to believe and repeat is what I believe we all think of as "thinking for myself".]

But "wide spread" is not definite enough, IMHO.
"Not more than several cases of voter fraud in any state" is definite, and it is the truth.
Several out of 100K or millions of votes cast in each state is not significiant.

Steve, i think you are cool also and raise intelligent points. I confess to coming here sometimes to vent and, at times, my venting is mis applied.
By Scamp

Dems want to turn the US into a third world sh!thole so they can maintain the votes to remain in power. It's disgusting.
By Steve_American
Scamp wrote:Dems want to turn the US into a third world sh!thole so they can maintain the votes to remain in power. It's disgusting.

With all due respect, sir; it is the Repuds who want to make America a sh!thole.
It seems like you are a Repud.
So, ... .

In fact I'm really glad that my Thai wife and I moved to Thailand in 2014 a few years after my heart condition forced me to retire.
Why do I feel that way?
Because IMHO, America has become such a poorly governed nation that it is well on the way to being a sh!thole. To the people who disagree, you don't realize that there are people on the top of every sh!thole nation that are living well and believe that the suffering of the mass of its people doesn't matter at all to them. Right now there are about 10M unemployed people in the US and maybe 1M empty jobs. Right now there are IIRC 8M families that are behind on their rent, can't catch up, and so will be homeless very soon, as winter comes. The Fed. Gov. could solve these problems, but doesn't.
Why doesn't it? Because of the disingenuous and totally false neo-liberal economic theory.

@Pants-of-dog If you put it to a vote, you'd fin[…]

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]