Trump on trial - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15154059
Trump is the most disgraceful president in US history. He is unconscionable and the GOP willingness to support his blatant filthy big lie is the biggest disgrace that party has conjured in my lifetime. It is my deep wish that justice is served, Trump is the center of the lie dividing the country and he must be brought to justice. This gutless soul-less man, a manipulating lying sketchy con man, brought the country to this. This cannot and must not be swept under the rug. At Trump's impeachment trial, the Democrats need to expose the plot and explain it to the public over and over in all media outlets, loudly and forcefully. They must bang away it just as the GOP banged away at Benghazi for years, except the Democrats must do it louder.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15154073
jimjam wrote:Trump is the most disgraceful president in US history.

Thomas Jefferson owned his own children, and held them as slaves until his death. That sort of strikes me as worse than anything you might condemn Trump for.

jimjam wrote:He is unconscionable and the GOP willingness to support his blatant filthy big lie is the biggest disgrace that party has conjured in my lifetime.

What is his blatant filthy big lie?

jimjam wrote:It is my deep wish that justice is served, Trump is the center of the lie dividing the country and he must be brought to justice.

Lying generally isn't a crime if you're not under oath, not reporting a crime or providing a police report, or you're not trying to take commercial advantage of someone. Also, if you're referring to the Bill of Attainder purporting to be an impeachment, Donald Trump has not been accused of lying--just so you know. So once he faces "trial" where the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States has declined to participate as constitutionally required, what makes you think the country is going to unify behind Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden?

jimjam wrote:This gutless soul-less man, a manipulating lying sketchy con man, brought the country to this.

That's two uses of the same pronoun. Can you be more specific?

jimjam wrote:This cannot and must not be swept under the rug. At Trump's impeachment trial, the Democrats need to expose the plot and explain it to the public over and over in all media outlets, loudly and forcefully. They must bang away it just as the GOP banged away at Benghazi for years, except the Democrats must do it louder.

The problem is that people don't watch those media outlets anymore. They're going to have to send their minions on to OAN and Newsmax, which I doubt they're going to do.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15154085
blackjack21 wrote:the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States has declined to participate as constitutionally required

Wrong!

When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside. Trump is not the President of the United States.


:)
User avatar
By jimjam
#15154254
Former President Donald J. Trump and the Republican Party leveraged false claims of voter fraud and promises to overturn the election to raise more than a quarter-billion dollars in November and December as hundreds of thousands of trusting supporters listened and opened their wallets. But the Trump campaign spent only a tiny fraction of its haul on lawyers and other legal bills related to those claims. Instead, Mr. Trump and the G.O.P. stored away much of the money — $175 million or so — even as they continued to issue breathless, aggressive and often misleading appeals for cash that promised it would help with recounts, the rooting out of election fraud and even the Republican candidates’ chances in the two Senate runoff races in Georgia.

Mr. Trump’s extraordinary success raising money came mostly from grass-roots and online contributors drawn to his lie that the election result would soon be somehow wiped away. jimjam is fascinated by the abject stupidity displayed by THE CONNED ONES ……. AMAZING.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15154260
blackjack21 wrote:Thomas Jefferson owned his own children, and held them as slaves until his death. That sort of strikes me as worse than anything you might condemn Trump for.
False equivalency. It was legal to do so, at that time. We'd consider that unconscionable, today.

blackjack21 wrote:Lying generally isn't a crime if you're not under oath, not reporting a crime or providing a police report, or you're not trying to take commercial advantage of someone. Also, if you're referring to the Bill of Attainder purporting to be an impeachment, Donald Trump has not been accused of lying--just so you know. So once he faces "trial" where the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States has declined to participate as constitutionally required, what makes you think the country is going to unify behind Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden?
Lying can often lead to fraud. Fraud is punishable by the court system. Donald Trump has not been "accused" of lying. He lies. That is simply unmitigated fact.

Trump is accused of inciting an insurrection with his LIE of calling the election "fraudulent".


No evidence of electoral fraud exists. Therefore it is a lie, even if you're stupid and gullible enough to believe it.

blackjack21 wrote:That's two uses of the same pronoun. Can you be more specific?
Stop being asinine, extremely foolish, and stupid.

blackjack21 wrote:The problem is that people don't watch those media outlets anymore.
Yes, they do. You are making up BS.

blackjack21 wrote:They're going to have to send their minions on to OAN and Newsmax, which I doubt they're going to do.
Yes, the really stupid people looking for confirmation bias, do so. I am sure OAN is your "go-to" new source, these days, since Infowars got de-platformed.
User avatar
By Verv
#15154268
Godstud wrote:False equivalency. It was legal to do so, at that time. We'd consider that unconscionable, today.


But morals exist outside of time, too, and must be treated as such.

If they do not exist outside of time... then what is the point of arguing about it? Why would your assertions be better than those of conservative Americans?

If I did not believe in objective morality, I would instead only believe in what I thought was most beneficial to the human species, what is most strong & efficient.

... Which wouldn't be Joe Biden or any other bureaucrats in the dying West, that's for sure. :lol:

Lying can often lead to fraud. Fraud is punishable by the court system. Donald Trump has not been "accused" of lying. He lies. That is simply unmitigated fact.


Beers can often lead to rape, but drinking beer isn't a crime.

But I don't know... Maybe Pres. Trump is guilty of murder because he organized a massive drinking party and the Police had to shoot an out of control woman in the face? Is there a case for that?

Trump is accused of inciting an insurrection with his LIE of calling the election "fraudulent".


I don't actually think there was an insurrection.

There was a protest taht turned violent.

If it was an actual insurrection, the crowd would have done a lot more when one of them was shot.

ingliz wrote:Wrong!

When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside. Trump is not the President of the United States.


:)


The Ingliz posting style is truly entertaining -- he'll disagree with everything that you write, and then select a single thing and try to wring it out like a cloth, and add a passive aggressive emote on the end.

It's one step up from the guys whose big strike in the debate is to point out a grammatical error or typo someone on the other side made.

But I do think we might have had a long-form discussion on theology once, but your best work is always done when you are sniping & emoting.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15154281
I would like to see shit like this hit the fan in Trump's Trial:

A truck driver on contract with the Postal Service was claiming that he had delivered many thousands of illegally filled-out ballots to Pennsylvania from a depot on Long Island.

Federal investigators had determined that that was bunk. Court records showed that the driver had a history of legal problems, had been involuntarily committed to mental institutions several times and had a sideline as a ghost hunter, The York Daily Record reported. With the White House counsel, Pat A. Cipollone, backing him, Mr. Barr told the president that he could not manufacture evidence and that his department would have no role in challenging states’ results. Mr. Trump paused, thought about it and said, “Maybe.”

But before Mr. Barr left the building, the president tweeted out the truck driver’s account, which quickly gained 154,000 mentions on Twitter, according to an analysis by Zignal Labs. The driver would appear on Newsmax, Mr. Bannon’s “War Room” and “Hannity,” among the most-watched programs on cable.

Days later, that allegation was featured in a lawsuit with an extraordinary request: that the court decertify the Pennsylvania result and strip Mr. Biden of the state’s delegates — a call to potentially disenfranchise nearly seven million voters.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15154282
blackjack21 wrote:What is his blatant filthy big lie?



That he never grabbed pussies at random because he was Mr. Big Stuff ……. :eek:
User avatar
By ingliz
#15154309
Verv wrote:and then select a single thing

So we should let @blackjack21 'constitutionally required' bollocks slide, uncontested. The president pro tempore has historically presided over Senate impeachment trials of non-presidents.


:lol:
By wat0n
#15154311
One thing I don't understand well, is why wasn't the phone call with Georgia's SOS in January 2, attempting to interfere with election integrity, an article of impeachment itself.

Any takers?
User avatar
By Godstud
#15154312
@Verv I am going to ignore everything you said, as there wasn't a lick of sense in your entire post. :knife:
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15154321
Godstud wrote:It was legal to do so, at that time.

Trump hasn't done anything illegal. Liberals find lots of things unconscionable that are totally legal, and are nonplussed by a lot of illegal activity that others find unconscionable.

Godstud wrote:Trump is accused of inciting an insurrection with his LIE of calling the election "fraudulent".

That doesn't meet the legal standard of inciting.

Godstud wrote:No evidence of electoral fraud exists.

Yes. It does.

Godstud wrote:Therefore it is a lie, even if you're stupid and gullible enough to believe it.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Godstud wrote:I am sure OAN is your "go-to" new source, these days, since Infowars got de-platformed.

It's still there: https://www.infowars.com/

jimjam wrote:That he never grabbed pussies at random because he was Mr. Big Stuff ……. :eek:

Ok. So you want him impeached for something he said 10 years before the 2016 election?

wat0n wrote:One thing I don't understand well, is why wasn't the phone call with Georgia's SOS in January 2, attempting to interfere with election integrity, an article of impeachment itself.

Nancy Pelosi was scared out of her wits, so this impeachment wasn't well thought out at all. It smells more of a bill of attainder.
By B0ycey
#15154327
blackjack21 wrote:Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.


It is actually. The available information is that there is no information. That is evidence. What you meant to say is that just because something cannot be proven to have happened doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Which is true, but Godstud will just reply that you cannot prove a negative, which is also true. Plus the onus is on you guys providing the evidence of voter fraud. That should be easy given the amount of organisation needed to rig an entire election. You haven't so that is as certain as certain can be under the law of parsimony.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15154331
@blackjack21 Your reason has abandoned you, you pathetic Trumptard! :lol:

Strawman. I never said Trump did anything illegal. He did something impeachable, however. You used a fucking retarded comparison and I destroyed your comparison.

I never said it met the "legal" version of inciting. You aren't firing on all cylinders today, are you?

blackjack21 wrote:Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Yes, it is, actually. If you want to make a claim then it sure as hell is.

The only evidence of electoral fraud has been from Trump cultists trying to vote twice, and other BS that is inconsequential.

blackjack21 wrote:It's still there: https://www.infowars.com/
And I am sure you still get your information from there. :knife:
User avatar
By Rancid
#15154396
Godstud wrote:I never said Trump did anything illegal.


This seems to be the only defense I ever hear from Trumptards. "Well... it's not illegal!" :roll: These people are morally and ethically banktrupt.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15154416
The riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6 was the direct result of a campaign by former President Donald J. Trump to undermine American democracy and overthrow the election at any cost, the House impeachment managers will argue in his Senate trial. They warn that acquitting him and failing to disqualify him from future office could do grave damage to the nation.

Addressing Republicans’ arguments head on, they also asserted that history and even conservative constitutional theory supported the Senate’s right to try a former president. Mr. Trump’s legal team and many Republicans have argued that his status as a private citizen now makes such a proceeding unconstitutional.

I LOVE it!!! Classic Fat Donald lawyer bowel movement nonsense. When Fatso was president he was above the law because he was president. Now he is above the law because he is not the president …………… :lol: .
User avatar
By Scamp
#15154501
So like Biden is Pres now. One would think if there is anything positive to say about him...Dems would say it.
Nope, the basement dwellers are still attacking Trump.
Next up...It's Trumps fault that Biden is senile and has dementia.
Yep.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15154524
@Scamp What is the title of this thread?

This isn't a Biden thread.

Trump was beaten by a senile and demented old man? Way to prop up your cult leader! :lol: :moron:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
CRT

I don't need to provide you with a binary respons[…]

https://img.gazeta.ru/files3/187/1082[…]

RIP John McAfee....

@colliric I think McAfee did his very best to fo[…]

Sure. After all, we are just discussing vague fee[…]