Trump on trial - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:So, you think Fat Donald and his stable of a few hundred lawyers are above the law?

A stable of a few hundred lawyers are engaged in the law. Your disagreement isn't legal, it's moral. You want to prosecute Donald Trump, because you think he's immoral. However, you haven't come to look in the mirror and see a religious persecutor. You're having trouble reconciling this idea that medieval persecutors were bad, and you are imbued with great virtues.

You have a statute of limitations. Investigating what happened 20 years ago isn't relevant. We know Hillary is a criminal. You know it too. Trump is uniquely vulgar, pugnacious, and direct. Yet, it's difficult to find a relevant violation of any law to try and prosecute him.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote: Yet, it's difficult to find a relevant violation of any law to try and prosecute him.

UM ….. that's why we are looking. It will take a bit of time to work thru Fat Donald's hundreds of lawyers. But, you will be glad to hear that I give the fat guy lot's of credit for being a very effective crook/godfather. I was born and raised in NYC along with the Don and have seen many crooks/godfathers in action. Fat Donald learned well and may well be the best.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
Investigating what happened 20 years ago isn't relevant.

Politically, it's not just relevant, it's the main point.

He was born into a crime family. And now Republicans kiss the ring, and parts of his anatomy...
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:But, you will be glad to hear that I give the fat guy lot's of credit for being a very effective crook/godfather.

If he's so effective that he's never been charged with a crime, it may be that he's not a criminal. It may be that his pursuers are the criminals.

jimjam wrote:I was born and raised in NYC along with the Don and have seen many crooks/godfathers in action.

Perhaps. However, you conflate breach of contract with criminal codes and they are worlds apart. It's like trying to call someone a career criminal and then throwing down a gauntlet of unpaid parking tickets to support your point. Filing bankruptcy is not criminal. It's as though you suddenly disagree with the 13th Amendment abolition of debtors prisons and the institution of bankruptcy reforms.

late wrote:Politically, it's not just relevant, it's the main point.

Well, politics is not law is the nature of the whole thing. We still don't even have a crime yet.

late wrote:He was born into a crime family.

Nancy Pelosi was born into a known crime family. Where's the investigation of the D'Allesandro connection to organized crime?
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

Well, politics is not law is the nature of the whole thing.

We still don't even have a crime yet.

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

Aside from the convictions of his underlings, you mean.

You need lies that don't make me laugh. Trump laundered money for drug lords, fer chrissakes.
Last edited by late on 01 Jun 2021 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
By Tainari88
@blackjack21 are you still hoping Trump will kill off the Democratic party?

You like that man? Or you just think he is a useful tool?

Politically he can create a lot of problems for the Democrats.

I am thinking though he is not going to be able to get a second presidential term Blackjack.

He is too old.
By Istanbuller
Democrats' polling results are just getting worse each day so they decided to fabricate new Trump stories. It is easier to understand how Democrats and establishment politics is crooked after four years of Trump's eye opening politics. Swamp can't hide anymore because people know their tricks now.
By late
Istanbuller wrote:
Democrats' polling results are just getting worse each day

so they decided to fabricate new Trump stories.

It is easier to understand how Democrats and establishment politics is crooked after four years of Trump's eye opening politics.

Swamp can't hide anymore because people know their tricks now.

Biden's approval has never dipped below 50. Trump never got within a country mile of 50. You babble. (But thanks for the laugh)

If you are talking about me, David Cay Johnston, a business prof dug that up a long, long time ago. He has had a second job investigating Trump for a long, long time. You haven't been paying attention:
https://www.amazon.com/Making-Donald-Trump-David-Johnston/dp/1612196322/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=david+cay+johnston&qid=1622556516&sr=8-5

It's easy to understand because Republicans were running the show...

Don't look now, but your pals are gators...
By blackjack21
late wrote:If you have integrity, nothing else matters.

That cuts both ways. The justice system is what's lacking in integrity. You guys yammer on and on about Putin, but you cannot for the life of you explain why the US holds people in detention at Guantanamo Bay for nearly 20 years with no criminal trial or military tribunal. You cannot explain why Hillary Clinton is free when clearly guilty of criminal misconduct, but the supporters of her political adversaries are ruthlessly investigated, tried and convicted on matters utterly unrelated to Donald Trump.

late wrote:If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

That's why nobody takes the DoJ or FBI seriously as moral actors. Their credibility is lost. So is the AG of NY and the district attorney of NYC.

late wrote:Aside from the convictions of his underlings, you mean.

There is no social guilt by association. You either convict someone or you don't. You can't even come up with a charge.

late wrote:Trump laundered money for drug lords, fer chrissakes.

So charge him with a crime and put him on trial and see if you can prove it. I don't think you have the evidence, or you would have done so by now.

Tainari88 wrote:@blackjack21 are you still hoping Trump will kill off the Democratic party?

I'm hoping he'll make trouble for the establishment at large.

Tainari88 wrote:You like that man? Or you just think he is a useful tool?

I've made that clear for five years now. It's been asked and answered many times.

Tainari88 wrote:Politically he can create a lot of problems for the Democrats.

Yes. And for some Republicans, which he's doing right now--and I like that.

Tainari88 wrote:I am thinking though he is not going to be able to get a second presidential term Blackjack.

He is too old.

Really? What are you trying to say? Are you saying that Biden wasn't legitimately elected? Biden is 80 years old and he's president. Biden has outward signs of Lewey body dementia. Trump does not.

Trump will not have the media behind him. However, as he starts holding political rallies again, the establishment will become terribly uncomfortable as it becomes painfully obvious that Trump has far more grass roots political support than Biden does.

late wrote:Biden's approval has never dipped below 50. Trump never got within a country mile of 50.

Nobody cares about fake polls.
By jimjam
Citizen Donald Trump is now telling people he expects he will get reinstated as president by August. ( :eek: :lol: ) According to The New York Times's Maggie Haberman, "it isn't happening in a vacuum" but instead as part of a possible strategy to avoid indictment. His comments come as a special grand jury reviews evidence that could result in charges for Trump and other members of his gang.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:

Nobody cares about fake polls.

Now, now, you love fake. It's where you live.

Besides, RCP is an average of 5 polls, and includes Rasmussen, which usually leans Right.

(You need better lies)
By Gardener
jimjam wrote:Citizen Donald Trump is now telling people he expects he will get reinstated as president by August. ( :eek: :lol: ) According to The New York Times's Maggie Haberman, "it isn't happening in a vacuum" but instead as part of a possible strategy to avoid indictment. His comments come as a special grand jury reviews evidence that could result in charges for Trump and other members of his gang.

Indeed.... Maggie Haberman. But here's the thing.. this was a tweet, and I don't beiieve it was official New York Times reportage. Also, she didn't cite ANY meaningful sources for this tweet ?
There was no ".. said somebody with knowledge of the matter", or "...said a close colleague", or any of the other 'code words' for an anonymous source.

Instead, she cited "... a number of people he'd been in contact with..."

A journalists use of anonymous sources depends on people believing that those sources actually existed, and weren't just a figment of the journalists imagination, or an invented quote to further the journalist's agenda and narrative.

Sadly, based on this tweet, I simply do not believe Maggie Haberman. I think she has made the whole story up - sources and all.

After all, if she could corroborate the story, why simply tweet it ? Why not actually include it as a story in the New York Times ?
The Trump admin knowingly stoked the insane beliefs of a cult whose end times prophecy is the mass execution of Democrats in general and then anyone who ever vaguely opposed Trump regardless of whether they were a simple career bureaucrat refusing to perform duties outside of their job or a Republican who is now perceived as a RINO because they don't buy into the alternate reality that a significant portion of the Republican base has bought into, a la a modern Anti-Mason party.

The reason Trump will never face charges (and he appears to be dying and losing weight rapidly if his current pictures are anything to go by, so who cares) are:

1) Neither party wants to set the precedent that any members of a previous administration can ever be held accountable for their crimes.

2) The American federal government is in decline and unable to address simple problems like an attack on its capital, infrastructure, etc.

You can talk to insane, bloodthirsty racists like blackjack and pretend they have anything valid to say but that doesn't address either of the points above. All GOP supporters on this board have bought into the alternate reality shit like believing that General Flynn is a super smart genius who totally bypassed the post-government career of being a private sector contractor or lobbyist so that he can sign Q books for morons at My Pillow Mike rallies in Assfuck, Nowhere.
By Gardener
SpecialOlympian wrote:The Trump admin knowingly stoked the insane beliefs of a cult whose end times prophecy is the mass execution of Democrats in general and then anyone who ever vaguely opposed Trump regardless of whether they were a simple career bureaucrat refusing to perform duties outside of their job or a Republican who is now perceived as a RINO because they don't buy into the alternate reality that a significant portion of the Republican base has bought into, a la a modern Anti-Mason party.

The reason Trump will never face charges (and he appears to be dying and losing weight rapidly if his current pictures are anything to go by, so who cares) are:

1) Neither party wants to set the precedent that any members of a previous administration can ever be held accountable for their crimes.

2) The American federal government is in decline and unable to address simple problems like an attack on its capital, infrastructure, etc.

You can talk to insane, bloodthirsty racists like blackjack and pretend they have anything valid to say but that doesn't address either of the points above. All GOP supporters on this board have bought into the alternate reality shit like believing that General Flynn is a super smart genius who totally bypassed the post-government career of being a private sector contractor or lobbyist so that he can sign Q books for morons at My Pillow Mike rallies in Assfuck, Nowhere.

Excellent analysis @SpecialOlympian. There is, of course, ONE other potential reason why Trump has not - thus far - faced any charges. And that is... he didn't break any laws ?

The 'left' in America has been trying to find some reason to prosecute him since 2015, aided by a Democrat-friendly highly partisan press and a number of partisan State Attorneys. That's over 5 years. They haven't found ANYTHING. They have resorted to try and pin historic pre-presidential tax charges against him. Manhattan's AG has abandoned any attempt at a criminal prosecution, and is desperately attempting a Civil prosecution. (currently to no avail; not even to the point of filing charges, let alone getting to court).

Prosecuting Trump has been a wet-dream for Democrats for 5 years. And thus far, that is ALL it is... a dream.
By SpecialOlympian
He personally presided over the extraction of adrenachrome from the helpless mole children under NYC. How do you not know this?
By jimjam
Gardener wrote:Indeed.... Maggie Haberman.

Indeed …… Ms. Habermann won a Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting in 2018 and you choose not to believe her in favor of:

You sound like a graduate of TU :lol:
By jimjam

OH NO!!!! Giuliani has a son to carry on the legacy of screaming and incompetent assholes :eek:

Leadership material in America these days :eek: :lol:
@jimjam

This is a very long thread so I haven't been able to read all of it. However, from what I have been seeing in the news, it appears Trump is preparing to be criminally indicted by a grand jury. He hasn't yet, but news report indicate he is expecting to be indicted. Here is the link to which I am referring to: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/06/17/haberman-donald-trump-biden-summit-preparing-for-indictments-newday-sot-vpx.cnn
By jimjam
The Manhattan district attorney’s office has informed Donald J. Trump’s lawyers that it is considering criminal charges against his family business, the Trump Organization, in connection with fringe benefits the company awarded a top executive, according to several people with knowledge of the matter.

The prosecutors had been building a case for months against the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, as part of an effort to pressure him to cooperate with a broader inquiry into Mr. Trump’s business dealings. But it was not previously known that the Trump Organization also might face charges.

An indictment of Mr. Trump’s company could deal a blow to the former president just as he has started to hold rallies and flirt with a return to politics. The Trump Organization is inseparable from Mr. Trump, acting as the corporate umbrella for a portfolio of hotels, golf clubs and other real estate, most of which are branded with his name.

The indictments could increase pressure to cooperate on Mr. Weisselberg, who could seek to cut a deal with prosecutors to testify against Mr. Trump in exchange for leniency.

Weaselberg is the guy in the middle …….. if that's not a face that would stop a clock I don't know what would be :lol:
By jimjam
double post
Last edited by jimjam on 01 Jul 2021 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]