Trump on trial - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Potemkin
You hear that @jimjam? You’re a Marxist now. Welcome to the club! :up:
By Gardener
Well now.. at the top of this page, @jimjam quoted John Dean as predicting that Trump would be arrested within days. That was back on March 11th. No arrests or indictments ever emerged.

The only people still pursuing Trump are Democratic state atorney-generals. But here's the thing.. NON of them are investigating his time as President. They are looking into his business dealings prior to becoming president. And they have been doing this for two years. Thus far, with no apparent success. This is STARTING to look like a determined effort to 'punish' Trump for winning the presidency and deposing the Blessed Hilary, rather than an impartial legal investigation.

I am particularly intrigued as to why the New York (democrat) Attorney General was pursuing a CIVIL case against Donald Trump.
A CIVIL case ? Why would an attorney general pursue a CIVIL case ?

So far as I am aware, NOBODY is pursuing Trump legally for things he did as President.
By B0ycey
Gardener wrote:So far as I am aware, NOBODY is pursuing Trump legally for things he did as President.

You wouldn't know if there were given that is the whole point of investigation. They will only charge Trump if they think they have a case against him that can stand up in court - which means we might not have seen the last of the charges. Besides, I don't see what difference it makes whether the case is presidential or civil anyway.
By Gardener
B0ycey wrote:You wouldn't know if there were given that is the whole point of investigation. They will only charge Trump if they think they have a case against him that can stand up in court - which means we might not have seen the last of the charges. Besides, I don't see what difference it makes whether the case is presidential or civil anyway.

Well, all the subpeona's have been for financial records long prior to his presidency. Also, the public statements by the prosecutors have exclusively mentioned Financial crimes.

As for Civil vs Criminal.... have you EVER heard of an Attorney General filing a CIVIL case ?

I guess if your motivation is to punish somebody regardless, then yes.. it doesn't matter WHICH laws you use ? Perhaps they can 'get' him for Unconstitutional Jaywalking or Treasonous Littering ?
By B0ycey
Gardener wrote:I guess if your motivation is to punish somebody regardless, then yes.. it doesn't matter WHICH laws you use ? Perhaps they can 'get' him for Unconstitutional Jaywalking or Treasonous Littering ?

I wouldn't class fraud the same as Jaywalking or Littering. I wonder if you feel the same way if a banker used fraud against you. Should the FBI/MET just ignore that given the status of the individual?

The truth is if Trump has committed a serious crime then I don't see why he should have special treatment given he was the President. I will say though I suspect he would have gotten away will all this had he just accepted the November election. There is a diplomatic code like with Nixon but when Trump broke that, the rules changed.
By Gardener
B0ycey wrote:I wouldn't class fraud the same as Jaywalking or Littering. I wonder if you feel the same way if a banker used fraud against you. Should the FBI/MET just ignore that given the status of the individual?

The truth is if Trump has committed a serious crime then I don't see why he should have special treatment given he was the President. I will say though I suspect he would have gotten away will all this had he just accepted the November election. There is a diplomatic code like with Nixon but when Trump broke that, the rules changed.

Firstly, it is not the FBI that is investigating; it is the New York attorney general's office. As for special treatment; there are surely plenty of Federal Laws against Fraud ? Why is Manhattan going for - or contemplating - Civil suites ?
By B0ycey
Gardener wrote:Firstly, it is not the FBI that is investigating; it is the New York attorney general's office. As for special treatment; there are surely plenty of Federal Laws against Fraud ? Why is Manhattan going for - or contemplating - Civil suites ?

Because there is evidence that Trump committed fraud perhaps. Besides I never said the FBI was investigating this I just gave you a simile to emphasis a point. Do you think Trump should be different given he was president or not?

I don't really care about all this to be frank given Biden is president and has done more in 100 days than Trump did in a term. Was it two or three WW3 we nearly entered into with Trump? Can't remember now. But if Trump wanted the Ex-Pres treatment then he should have just accepted the result like all Ex Presidents prior to him.
By Gardener
B0ycey wrote:Because there is evidence that Trump committed fraud perhaps. Besides I never said the FBI was investigating this I just gave you a simile to emphasis a point. Do you think Trump should be different given he was president or not?

No, he shouldn't be treated differently. Sadly, he IS being treated differently in my opinion, as Democrats try and Punish him for existing.

I don't really care about all this to be frank given Biden is president and has done more in 100 days than Trump did in a term. Was it two or three WW3 we nearly entered into with Trump? Can't remember now. ...

Bidens accomplishments:
Covid19: he has continued the program initiated by Trump
Domestic Policy: attempted to destroy America economically by creating multi-trillion dollar "infrastructure" bills (very little of which is spent on infrastructure, and much of which is to bail out bankrupt Democrat states in order to maintain the democrat vote). Created undefined 'equity' policy to try and force 'equality of outcome'. Paid people to stay at home, causing significant recruitment problems and hence unemployment. Turned USA from net exporter of fuel to net importer.
International Policy: Stifled trend of Arab countries seeking peace with Israel. Given succour to Putin by authorizing gas/oil pipelines. Seeking to give Iran more money to subsidise their rocket attacks on Israel.

Mention ONE thing that Biden has done that is positive ?
And it is Trump that is 'on trial' ?
By B0ycey
Gardener wrote:What has he actually DONE ?

A climate commitment is doing something. It is a step towards change. I could also mention his rescue plan, but for me personally his improved international relationships is all that matters to me. He has also said he wants US troops home before 9/11, something Trump promised but never delivered. And he has done that in 100 days. But given Biden isn't the topic, I find is bizarre you brought him up at all. Biden I doubt is pursuing Trump and any offence he has committed you said you think he shouldn't be treated differently anyway. So again this goes back to my original question. Do you think a president should be treated differently to a US citizen? If not, what are you complaining about?
By Gardener
B0ycey wrote:A climate commitment is doing something. It is a step towards change. I could also mention his rescue plan, but for me personally his improved international relationships is all that matters to me. He has also said he wants US troops home before 9/11, something Trump promised but never delivered. And he has done that in 100 days. But given Biden isn't the topic, I find is bizarre you brought him up at all. Biden I doubt is pursuing Trump and any offence he has committed you said you think he shouldn't be treated differently anyway. So again this goes back to my original question. Do you think a president should be treated differently to a US citizen? If not, what are you complaining about?

An ex-president shouldn't be treated any differently, one way or the other.
A sitting president MAY be treated slightly differently, as I understand your Constitution doesn't allow them to be prosecuted ? (just impeached).
By late
Gardener wrote:
Covid19: he has continued the program initiated by Trump

DON'T DO THAT.

I nearly snorted my tea out my nose.

Consider a career in comedy, you're suited for it.
By blackjack21
Gardener wrote:I am particularly intrigued as to why the New York (democrat) Attorney General was pursuing a CIVIL case against Donald Trump.
A CIVIL case ? Why would an attorney general pursue a CIVIL case ?

If she came up snake eyes on a civil case--where the standard of evidence is far lower--she probably has nothing.

B0ycey wrote:They will only charge Trump if they think they have a case against him that can stand up in court - which means we might not have seen the last of the charges.

They impeached him twice, and it didn't stand up. Trump got 72M votes--12M more than 2016--after he was impeached a first time, after the media tried to blame him for coronavirus, etc. They might try to put together a case, but they will lose.

Gardener wrote:Well, all the subpeona's have been for financial records long prior to his presidency. Also, the public statements by the prosecutors have exclusively mentioned Financial crimes.

Yeah, but you have a statute of limitations on that stuff. So it would have to be something like fraud, because just about everything else has the clock ticking. Even if he committed some crime 10 years ago, it's probably too late to prosecute. So the whole point would only be to try to smear his name.

B0ycey wrote:I will say though I suspect he would have gotten away will all this had he just accepted the November election.

Well, at least you realize the entire thing is politically motivated.

B0ycey wrote:There is a diplomatic code like with Nixon but when Trump broke that, the rules changed.

They broke a lot of rules themselves--like phony impeachments, phony Russia investigations, etc. They got an earful from voters on 1/6 and they still aren't hearing it.

Gardener wrote:Firstly, it is not the FBI that is investigating; it is the New York attorney general's office. As for special treatment; there are surely plenty of Federal Laws against Fraud ? Why is Manhattan going for - or contemplating - Civil suites ?

Probably people just trying to make a name for themselves in the Democrat political machine.

B0ycey wrote:I don't really care about all this to be frank given Biden is president and has done more in 100 days than Trump did in a term.

Biden has made a hash of the border, has been lampooned by Chinese and Russian diplomats, has seen inflation spike, is struggling to get an infrastructure bill through, and seen soaring gasoline prices and shortages. What good things do you think he has done?

B0ycey wrote:Was it two or three WW3 we nearly entered into with Trump? Can't remember now.

I can. Trump was the first president since Jimmy Carter to not invade a country and topple it's leader.

Gardener wrote:Covid19: he has continued the program initiated by Trump

The vaccines were all part of Trump's operation warp speed and were available before Biden was sworn in.

B0ycey wrote:A climate commitment is doing something. It is a step towards change.

Taking a piss is change. If you're talking about not making mean tweets or something, that's a change. If it comes to legislation, so far it has been pretty desultory.

B0ycey wrote:I could also mention his rescue plan, but for me personally his improved international relationships is all that matters to me.

With whom? Chinese diplomats said that the administration cannot approach them with a position of strength--straight up insulting Biden. Biden called Putin a killer, and Putin responded by making fun of Biden's dementia. AMLO pretty much misses Donald Trump, as he got along with Trump much more so than with Biden. Israel isn't too happy with the Democrats constantly siding against them with the Palestinians. I guess you could say maybe Iran is happier.
By Rancid
Potemkin wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

A message to you rudy, indeed. From dirty canadian communists.
By Gardener
blackjack21 wrote:....
The vaccines were all part of Trump's operation warp speed and were available before Biden was sworn in.

Not just available, but rapidly approaching the figure of 1 million innoculations per day; a figure that Biden subsequently boasted about, as though HE - and not Trump - was responsible.

I can't think of ANYTHING that Biden has done that is positive, other than to propose spending trillions of dollars of your grandchildren's money !
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:So you dislike how Vladimir Putin treats his political opponents, but you embrace Lavrentiy Beria-like tactics when used against Trump? How do you really think this plays around the world? It's clearly criminalizing political differences, because you don't have a plain-as-day crime right in front of you--like Hillary Clinton destroying official records or using a private email server to send and receive classified information. You're still looking for the crime.

So, you think Fat Donald and his stable of a few hundred lawyers are above the law? Please spare us the verbal diarrhea …… Fatso is a crook and it is sooooo much fun watching the poor boy get annoyed at the idea that he is not, in fact, above the law ….. :)
By jimjam
Potemkin wrote:You hear that @jimjam? You’re a Marxist now. Welcome to the club! :up:

simple things for simple minds :|
By jimjam
Gardener wrote:within days

see above reply

You cannot simultaneously claim that the IDF is l[…]

Yes, because the Palestinian resistance have a his[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]