Election 2024 Thread - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Carpet-bombed Arabs?

Carpet-bagged Dixiecrats.
By Rancid
I predict a Republican rout in 2024. It will include some overturned elections as well. You heard it here first.
By Scamp
Rancid wrote:I predict a Republican rout in 2024. It will include some overturned elections as well. You heard it here first.
In midterm elections the Presidents party mostly always suffers losses of seats in the Senate and Congress. I believe @Rancid is right, and Republicans will also have a rout this election coming up next year.
Last edited by Scamp on 17 Dec 2021 23:13, edited 2 times in total.
By Drlee
If the republicans get control of the house this time it will be entirely the Democrat's fault. They had a road map and did nothing. The republicans already have control of the Senate.
By BlutoSays
A failing commie agenda, total DNC ineptitude and 23 Democrat House Representatives retiring and not even one year into sleepy Joe's presidency!!

By Doug64

A few fun cartoons illustrating why the Democrats are in trouble in next year's elections. Not that the Democrats are throwing in the towel, and California's supposedly independent redistricting commission provides an excellent example of why I'm not in favor of independent redistricting commissions. Back in 2011 ProPublica detailed how the Democrats gamed the redistricting system in 2010 (well enough that Republicans currently have only 11 members in the California House delegation when they should have around 18), and apparently they've managed it again:

California’s new congressional map boosts Democrats
California has a new congressional map, and the lines bolster Democrats' uphill quest to maintain their minuscule House majority.

Final maps approved late Monday by the state’s independent redistricting commission create more challenging districts for Republican incumbents without substantially undermining the prospects of vulnerable Democrats. While Democrats are poised to absorb California’s overall loss of a House seat due to declining population, the emerging map could point to Democrats holding ground or picking up seats.

“This is the high end of what was a probable outcome for Democrats,” said Paul Mitchell, a political data analyst and owner of the firm Redistricting Partners. “This was definitely a good outcome for Democrats. Republicans have 11 current members — in these maps they should only be sending nine back to Congress in 2022.” ...
By Doug64

Something Democrats have to look forward to if McCarthy is elected Speaker of the House once Republicans take back control: seats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence for Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff and on the House Foreign Affairs Committee for Ilhan Omar stripped from them by the new Republican majority. Nancy Pelosi and her current Democratic majority set the precedent when they threw several Republicans off of committees, and McCarthy announced in a recent interview that he intends to follow in their footsteps.
@Doug64

How successful do you think Republicans will be in terms of taking away the right to vote from blacks, poor people, and other likely Democrat voters?
By Rancid
@Doug64 is cheering the end of American democracy. He's applauding a move towards Russian/Brazilian/Turkish/etc. style corruption in America.
By Drlee
Rancid wrote:@Doug64 is cheering the end of American democracy. He's applauding a move towards Russian/Brazilian/Turkish/etc. style corruption in America.

Yes he most certainly is. And he will almost certainly get it. It remains to be see which strongman will head the ticket in 2024. Trump most likely simply because he owns a great many really odd voters.

But in all seriousness. Just last week New York City singlehandedly gave the upcoming election and 2024 to the Republicans even without gerrymandering and voter suppression. They wrote the very best campaign commercial that the Republicans can imagine. The city council voted to allow non-citizens to vote in city elections. Not only is this a disgusting slap in the face of every citizen in the US it is an extremely powerful message to independents. It says, "The Democratic Party does not value US Citizenship and will be happy to hand control of the government to foreigners". The bill is absurd on the face of it. A temporary work permit and a stay of 30 days allows a Russian or Iranian citizen to have as much power in city government as an American Citizen.

This law is an affront to every citizen of the US no matter where they live. And risking a slippery slope argument one I find dangerous. I will be voting Republican in the upcoming election for a number of reasons and this just ticks another box.

Fortunately the GOP will sue to block this and will probably win.

In more news we have voting rights groups boycotting Biden's speech today because he has done nothing to stop voter suppression. He threatened to use the nuclear option but he will not. He does not have the balls and this would be an easy party line vote.

2022 is in the bag for Republicans and so is 2024. The easy victory they will have in November will allow them to save money for 2024. And there is only one thing to blame and it is not voter suppression. It is that Biden has done absolutely nothing for the middle class since becoming president. He hasn't even protected their right to vote.

And how is he doing on Covid? Stop by the store and buy a test kit. Let me know how that goes for you. 1.2 million new cases of Omicron, the hospitals are collapsing and people are still dying and having severe consequences.

Jimmy Carter for those of us who remember. Nice guy who could not lead a rope.
By Rancid
Drlee wrote:But in all seriousness. Just last week New York City singlehandedly gave the upcoming election and 2024 to the Republicans even without gerrymandering and voter suppression. They wrote the very best campaign commercial that the Republicans can imagine. The city council voted to allow non-citizens to vote in city elections. Not only is this a disgusting slap in the face of every citizen in the US it is an extremely powerful message to independents. It says, "The Democratic Party does not value US Citizenship and will be happy to hand control of the government to foreigners". The bill is absurd on the face of it. A temporary work permit and a stay of 30 days allows a Russian or Iranian citizen to have as much power in city government as an American Citizen.

The democratic party are a bunch of fucking god damn morons. They are basically enabling Republicans with their coup by doing stupid stunts like this.

Man, we really are Latin America (from a government perspective). :lol:

Well, at least we are all down in the dirt.
By Doug64

Rancid wrote:@Doug64 is cheering the end of American democracy. He's applauding a move towards Russian/Brazilian/Turkish/etc. style corruption in America.

No, that's what Democrats are trying to push us toward by stripping states of their voter integrity protections.

Drlee wrote:But in all seriousness. Just last week New York City singlehandedly gave the upcoming election and 2024 to the Republicans even without gerrymandering and voter suppression. They wrote the very best campaign commercial that the Republicans can imagine. The city council voted to allow non-citizens to vote in city elections.

Actually, I personally would have no problem with permitting immigrants (meaning those aliens that have received permanent residency status) the right to vote in municipal elections--they have clearly cast their lot with the US, municipal elections are the ones that most directly impact their immediate place of residence, and in all likelihood they're working toward getting US citizenship anyway. Nonimmigrants and illegal migrants, not a chance in hell.

Fortunately the GOP will sue to block this and will probably win.

Unless there is some provision in the New York state constitution that prohibits this, the only provision I can think of in the US Constitution is the current interpretation of its mandate of a "republican form of government" as "one citizen, one vote." Mind, it would be interesting if it was struck down on those grounds, because that same argument could be used to rule that illegal migrants can't be counted for the purpose of divvying up the electoral votes among the several states.

2022 is in the bag for Republicans and so is 2024. The easy victory they will have in November will allow them to save money for 2024. And there is only one thing to blame and it is not voter suppression. It is that Biden has done absolutely nothing for the middle class since becoming president. He hasn't even protected their right to vote.

And how is he doing on Covid? Stop by the store and buy a test kit. Let me know how that goes for you. 1.2 million new cases of Omicron, the hospitals are collapsing and people are still dying and having severe consequences.

Jimmy Carter for those of us who remember. Nice guy who could not lead a rope.

Another thing that might make 2024 even easier for Republicans--2022 could end up strengthening the Far Left in the Democratic Party. I'm sure everyone's seen the wave of announcements of Democratic members of the House not running for reelection? While some of those are in swing districts resigning because they don't think they can win this year, as I understand it most of them are in deep blue states who are resigning because they don't want to be in a minority party in the House. In those cases, the open seats are opportunities for Far Left candidates for seek the nominations in the primaries. We could see an increase in the size of the AOC wing of the party, giving more fodder for Republican propagandists.
By Rancid
Doug64 wrote:Image

No, that's what Democrats are trying to push us toward by stripping states of their voter integrity protections.

Actually, I personally would have no problem with permitting immigrants (meaning those aliens that have received permanent residency status) the right to vote in municipal elections--they have clearly cast their lot with the US, municipal elections are the ones that most directly impact their immediate place of residence, and in all likelihood they're working toward getting US citizenship anyway. Nonimmigrants and illegal migrants, not a chance in hell.

Unless there is some provision in the New York state constitution that prohibits this, the only provision I can think of in the US Constitution is the current interpretation of its mandate of a "republican form of government" as "one citizen, one vote." Mind, it would be interesting if it was struck down on those grounds, because that same argument could be used to rule that illegal migrants can't be counted for the purpose of divvying up the electoral votes among the several states.

Another thing that might make 2024 even easier for Republicans--2022 could end up strengthening the Far Left in the Democratic Party. I'm sure everyone's seen the wave of announcements of Democratic members of the House not running for reelection? While some of those are in swing districts resigning because they don't think they can win this year, as I understand it most of them are in deep blue states who are resigning because they don't want to be in a minority party in the House. In those cases, the open seats are opportunities for Far Left candidates for seek the nominations in the primaries. We could see an increase in the size of the AOC wing of the party, giving more fodder for Republican propagandists.

Both parties are full of dangerous morons. Justifying joining one moron because the other is a moron is... well... a moronic move.

However, this is where we are and it will usher in the most corrupt government in the history of this nation.

you reap what you sow.
By late
Doug64 wrote:

There are going to be prosecutions against a number of Republicans for screwing with the last election. That's why Trump had a temper tantrum a few months ago. His lawyers had just spoken to the Georgia prosecutor.

But expect Fed Justice to go after the most egregious offenders, as well.

But the reason I am posting now, is to thank you!

That was an amazing bit of projection. Even if you can't admit it to yourself, you know exactly what's going on..
By Drlee
Democrats are done. No chances of being re-elected. "Spending" economy doesn't work. Once again it is proved that Keynesian economics is fatally wrong.

Your conclusion is correct but your reasons are categorically wrong.

The Democrats will lose because they are not delivering on their agenda. They are ignoring the most fundamental right of all Americans to vote freely and equally. Can anyone here give me an example of a single major initiative on which they have delivered.

The first thing Americans want is leadership. Like him or not Trump was out in front and delivered on all but one of his promises. Of course he badly mismanaged Covid and some would say cost the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans. But it sure seems like he has slipped that issue and remains the most powerful man in America.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]