Election 2024 Thread - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
I think they will be successful in suppressing votes. I see Trump being president again.

The question is, will he try to rally moron MAGA people to allow him to abolish term limits? He's a wanna be dictator after all.
By Doug64
@Drlee, yes, because minorities are incapable of following the same voting procedures as Whites. :roll:

Rancid wrote:The question is, will he try to rally moron MAGA people to allow him to abolish term limits?

Not a chance, even if he could somehow convince 2/3 of each house of Congress to pass the needed amendment, there's no way in hell he'd convince 3/4 of the states to go along at all, much less in less than four years.
By Drlee
@Doug64
@Drlee, yes, because minorities are incapable of following the same voting procedures as Whites. :roll:

You may be stupid enough to believe this is a gotcha remark but I am not.

But it did give you the opportunity to get in a nice racist troll. Your Republican buddies will love you for it.

@Rancid I think there is a good chance he will be elected again. It looks like the gaggle of prosecutors chasing him around are inept to say the least.
@Drlee

They are not inept, the whole system is rigged and designed to protect rich white men. If Trump was black, Hispanic or Asian, he would have been charged with a crime and be in prison right now. But because Trump is white and rich he gets special treatment and special privileges over everybody else. He's allowed to do things the rest of aren't allowed to do. It's a myth to say that "nobody is above the law." Trump has demonstrated and proven that some people are indeed "above the law."

Because if it is true that "nobody is above the law" then Trump would have been charged and given a prison sentence a LOOOOONNNGGG TIME AGO. So some people are above the law and don't have to follow the rules like the rest of us do. Trump, given he is rich and white doesn't have to follow the rules and is above the law. We have to follow the law though.

It's a double standard that is bullshit. Trump shouldn't be allowed to run again either after he was voted out of office in his first term and given the crimes he committed but hasn't been charged or put on trial for. Our system is a sham and a joke. It's a fucked up system we have that needs to be changed to assure that nobody really is above the law.
By Doug64
Drlee wrote:@Doug64
But it did give you the opportunity to get in a nice racist troll. Your Republican buddies will love you for it.

I'm not the one that believes that minorities are incapable of voting with common-sense voter integrity laws in place.
Doug64 wrote:I'm not the one that believes that minorities are incapable of voting with common-sense voter integrity laws in place.

Republican campaign strategists believe that “minorities are incapable of voting with common-sense voter integrity laws in place”, as you describe it.

Ths is why they enacted these laws: to suppress the votes of minorities.

And they did this based on the idea that minorities tend not to vote Republican.
Rancid wrote:I think they will be successful in suppressing votes. I see Trump being president again.

The question is, will he try to rally moron MAGA people to allow him to abolish term limits? He's a wanna be dictator after all.

I can see Trump winning the GOP nomination (if he's allowed to run) but don't see him winning the election. He lost in 2020 and then Jan. 6 happened, hard to come back from that among the swing voters.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Republican campaign strategists believe that “minorities are incapable of voting with common-sense voter integrity laws in place”, as you describe it.

Ths is why they enacted these laws: to suppress the votes of minorities.

And they did this based on the idea that minorities tend not to vote Republican.

What your saying is totally possible, and I assume some of these GOP trying to put in these voting restrictions did so using the cover of "voter fraud" as an excuse to do as you describe.

However, let's also not underestimate the stupidity of the GOP, some if not many of whom we should assume actually believe voter fraud took place and legitimately want to "prevent it from happening again".

So the question is, are these GOP evil or stupid? I think they're both.
By Drlee
@Politics_Observer
They are not inept, the whole system is rigged and designed to protect rich white men. If Trump was black, Hispanic or Asian, he would have been charged with a crime and be in prison right now. But because Trump is white and rich he gets special treatment and special privileges over everybody else. He's allowed to do things the rest of aren't allowed to do. It's a myth to say that "nobody is above the law." Trump has demonstrated and proven that some people are indeed "above the law."

Indeed he has. And this is exactly how his followers want it. They want laws to control minorities. That's all.

Rob a rich person though and you get a shit ton of time. Ask the late Bernie Madoff.

Trump will get the nomination if he is out of jail. That is correct. @Unthinking Majority may be correct that he can't win. The problem is though that Republicans will actually finish their coup if he is not. We would not have results for months and even then they will use the various state legislatures to give Trump the electoral votes anyway.
Drlee wrote:Indeed he has. And this is exactly how his followers want it. They want laws to control minorities. That's all.

Rob a rich person though and you get a shit ton of time. Ask the late Bernie Madoff.

Trump will get the nomination if he is out of jail. That is correct. @Unthinking Majority may be correct that he can't win. The problem is though that Republicans will actually finish their coup if he is not. We would not have results for months and even then they will use the various state legislatures to give Trump the electoral votes anyway.

Republicans will loose horribly in 2022 and 2024. This will be a consequence of their support for policies that their electorate doesn't support(Anti-vaccine/anti-mask) on top of the previous misdeeds like attempts to illegaly sway the election and supporting people who tried to conduct a sort of a coup after.

The problem is that the GOP might be done for and Democrats will emerge as the sole party in the US for a decade or two which is not good. If after Trump loss the GOP abandoned Trump and in general tried to do soul searching then there were chances of GOP recovering within 5-10 years and still being relevant but now it seems the GOP will slowly fracture into obscurity as time goes on if nothing changes. GOP and the Democrats are a coalition of different groups and there are some things that might not be acceptable under any circumstances to coalition members and latest GOP behaviore is basically that. If you think 2016 and 2020 was bad in that regard then just wait for 2022 and 2024 when the outcome of GOP insanity will kick in even more. This is especially bad because GOP relied on its close knit coalition compared to a more loose one for Democrats. GOP has been a de facto minority but won because of their unity within the coalition but now that will fracture over time more and more.

Edit: By loosing horrible, i basically mean that they will continue loosing ground from their currently bad position. Just to clarify a bit, it won't be like a collapse to 0 straight away but a steady loss over time. The only election when it will be horrible is the Presidential, the rest will basically be a steady decline.
People, I have called for the swing voters, aka the unaffiliated, to not vote for any Repub in 2022 and 2024.
You may think this is because I'm a Dem or a Progressive Dem.
However, Repud politicians only accept losing the election as an action that matters to them. They shrug off all verbal criticisms as " sticks ....., but names will never hurt me".
We must punish the politicians who tried to and are continuing to try to subvert our democratic election process.

Years ago, I suggested that the media stop saying politicians are “hypocrites”, because the Repuds don't care about such words. I suggested that the media instead say “a lying, dishonorable politician”. After all,'hypocrite' means one who says one thing (most often about future behavior), and then, does something else. Is this not either lying or dishonorable; or both?

I have recieved no support here on this site for either of these ideas. Does this mean you all support the Repuds in their attempt to establish one party rule in America? If not take some action to oppose them. Some action like calling for the unaffiliated to not vote for any Repub in 2022 and 2024.
@Drlee

Drlee wrote:Indeed he has. And this is exactly how his followers want it. They want laws to control minorities. That's all.

Trump also further demonstrated that the legal systems isn't so much about justice as it is about POWER and who has it. What is legal isn't about what is right or just, but it is more about POWER. Slavery was legal, the holocaust was legal, apartheid in South Africa was legal. Yup, what is legal clearly isn't about justice so much as it is about power and who has it.

Those who have power are protected far more than those who do not have power and the justice system serves those that have power more than the cause of justice. That's not to say that those who have power can't be successfully sued or sometimes thrown in prison, but it's much more difficult to successful sue or imprison them for their crimes. Sometimes, they simply aren't held accountable at all for some very serious crimes because they are the ones with power in society.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Drlee

Trump also further demonstrated that the legal systems isn't so much about justice as it is about POWER and who has it. What is legal isn't about what is right or just, but it is more about POWER. Slavery was legal, the holocaust was legal, apartheid in South Africa was legal. Yup, what is legal clearly isn't about justice so much as it is about power and who has it.

Those who have power are protected far more than those who do not have power and the justice system serves those that have power more than the cause of justice. That's not to say that those who have power can't be successfully sued or sometimes thrown in prison, but it's much more difficult to successful sue or imprison them for their crimes. Sometimes, they simply aren't held accountable at all for some very serious crimes because they are the ones with power in society.

The main problem that your power thesis is ---

We all have sworn many, may times that America is to provide "JUSTICE FOR ALL".

When a rich white person does things that help his kind get more lenient justice, they are violating their oath.

Yes, it is true. However, it IS NOT RIGHT.!
Steve_American wrote:The main problem that your power thesis is ---

We all have sworn many, may times that America is to provide "JUSTICE FOR ALL".

When a rich white person does things that help his kind get more lenient justice, they are violating their oath.

Yes, it is true. However, it IS NOT RIGHT.!

Most rich white people have sworn no such oath. Why would they? :eh:
JohnRawls wrote:Republicans will loose horribly in 2022 and 2024. This will be a consequence of their support for policies that their electorate doesn't support(Anti-vaccine/anti-mask) on top of the previous misdeeds like attempts to illegaly sway the election and supporting people who tried to conduct a sort of a coup after.

The problem is that the GOP might be done for and Democrats will emerge as the sole party in the US for a decade or two which is not good. If after Trump loss the GOP abandoned Trump and in general tried to do soul searching then there were chances of GOP recovering within 5-10 years and still being relevant but now it seems the GOP will slowly fracture into obscurity as time goes on if nothing changes. GOP and the Democrats are a coalition of different groups and there are some things that might not be acceptable under any circumstances to coalition members and latest GOP behaviore is basically that. If you think 2016 and 2020 was bad in that regard then just wait for 2022 and 2024 when the outcome of GOP insanity will kick in even more. This is especially bad because GOP relied on its close knit coalition compared to a more loose one for Democrats. GOP has been a de facto minority but won because of their unity within the coalition but now that will fracture over time more and more.

Edit: By loosing horrible, i basically mean that they will continue loosing ground from their currently bad position. Just to clarify a bit, it won't be like a collapse to 0 straight away but a steady loss over time. The only election when it will be horrible is the Presidential, the rest will basically be a steady decline.

No.

All early indicators show that Republicans will win both 2022 midterms and 2024 general election. Impeachment may follow if they will win the house either. Biden might be removed from the office as earlier as beginning of 2023.
By JohnRawls
Istanbuller wrote:No.

All early indicators show that Republicans will win both 2022 midterms and 2024 general election. Impeachment may follow if they will win the house either. Biden might be removed from the office as earlier as beginning of 2023.

"Early indications", "Biden removed".... Right... "Impeachment"... :knife:
By Rancid
Those of you that assume people will not vote for republicans because of all the horrible shit they've done are failing to factoring on just how fUUUUUUCKING stupid so many voters are. :hmm:

I see Trump taking the presidency again and doing even more brazen and more illegal shit. Republicans will go along with it because they are principle less scum bags.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:Those of you that assume people will not vote for republicans because of all the horrible shit they've done are failing to factoring on just how fUUUUUUCKING stupid so many voters are. :hmm:

I see Trump taking the presidency again and doing even more brazen and more illegal shit. Republicans will go along with it because they are principle less scum bags.

Biden will win against Trump in 2024 even more if it comes down to Trump vs Biden :eh:
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
Biden will win against Trump in 2024 even more if it comes down to Trump vs Biden :eh:

I don't know man.. I don't know... The Trump dick sucking is hard.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Friedrich Engels once said, “All that exists dese[…]

This is too verbose to excuse thinking teaching ho[…]

Let me guess, those were Hamas fighters like the o[…]

@FiveofSwords What a professor of biological […]