Election 2024 Thread - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:I don't know man.. I don't know... The Trump dick sucking is hard.

Trump dick sucking was hard all the time. Didn't stop him from loosing to Biden.
By colliric
Rancid wrote:Those of you that assume people will not vote for republicans because of all the horrible shit they've done are failing to factoring on just how fUUUUUUCKING stupid so many voters are. :hmm:

I see Trump taking the presidency again and doing even more brazen and more illegal shit. Republicans will go along with it because they are principle less scum bags.

As bad as he was.....

He didn't give $85 Billion dollars worth of US military equipment straight to the Taliban's pocket..... They should say "Thank You Biden! Allahu Akbar!" on camera everytime they use the vehicles.

Democrat voters are fucking stupid chumps too.

Willing to vote in a dementia suffering grandad, just because "orange man bad". Not to mention they actually tried to force Hillary fucking Clinton on the world.

Biden voters are so fucking moronic and idiotic most of them are defending the fact he armed the Taliban to the teeth for decades on end. Basically handed them a Free state of the art Airforce and ground forces. They'll still vote for him even when US soldiers get killed with US weapons as a result of Biden's absolute total incompetence.
@JohnRawls @Rancid

If Trump runs again in 2024, which I hate that piece of shit scumbag with a passion, he could win. We don't know who will win the 2024 election. I'll be voting in that election though in favor of Biden. Nobody has a crystal ball and can predict the future. But I certainly view Trump as a serious threat to American democracy and the fact he hasn't been charged with a crime highlights our justice system needs reform because it serves the interests of power rather than the cause of justice.

This is not acceptable to have a justice system that doesn't uphold the rule of law and instead serves the interests of power rather than the cause of justice. I wouldn't be surprised if you are familiar with this sort of corruption given you are from the former Soviet Union @JohnRawls . What people fail to understand is that this sort of corruption can happen anywhere, including the United States. Just as a dictatorship can happen anywhere, including the U.S.
By B0ycey
@Politics_Observer @Rancid

Come on guys. We had this last time and Trump was destroyed (his words from 2016) last election. Trump is far too divisive. I agree there are lots of dumb idiots that will vote for him. But there are also lots of other people who will vote for anyone but Trump. And those guys had another 7 million votes more. I just don't see how Trump can over turn that much of an unpopularity. It isn't like Trump is a unknown character either. Not that I think Trump would run I might add. If anything he will endorse someone else. Perhaps his son. I don't know. I just know that the Republicans only hope (and the party could will in 2024) is to have a no strings attached Trump like character and most definitely not Trump himself.
By Rancid
B0ycey wrote:@Politics_Observer @Rancid

Come on guys. We had this last time and Trump was destroyed (his words from 2016) last election. Trump is far too divisive. I agree there are lots of dumb idiots that will vote for him. But there are also lots of other people who will vote for anyone but Trump. And those guys had another 7 million votes more. I just don't see how Trump can over turn that much of an unpopularity. It isn't like Trump is a unknown character either. Not that I think Trump would run I might add. If anything he will endorse someone else. Perhaps his son. I don't know. I just know that the Republicans only hope (and the party could will in 2024) is to have a no strings attached Trump like character and most definitely not Trump himself.

My brain say's you are right. My heart tells me stupidity will prevail.
JohnRawls wrote:"Early indications", "Biden removed".... Right... "Impeachment"... :knife:

1. Half a million people died because of coronavirus under Biden administration.
2. Biden failed to stem spread of coronavirus.
3. Democrat controlled states cannot recover from lockdowns. Most recovering cities are Republican. 16 out of 20 are Republican controlled ones.
4. Rising consumer price index make people poorer under Biden administration. Therefore, American people able to buy less things under Biden than Trump.
5. Republican Party is getting popular among Hispanics. Florida is more leaning to Republican each day, for example.
6. Biden's border and immigration failure unite Republican bases and consolidating white vote.
7. Afghanistan disaster proved that Joe Biden is unfit to be commander in chief.
8. Republicans won 2020 general elections in terms of regional and local elections. This brought them redistricting advantage.
9. Biden shows no signs of defending US economy against China so far. Voters are disappointed with that.
10. "Woke agenda" disgusted even anti-Trumpists. Republicans are united against Democrat policies regardless of being pro-Trump or anti-Trump.
11. Democratic governors are facing serious challenges even in most Democratic leaning states. California governor recently faces a recall and a snap election.
By late
Istanbuller wrote:
1. Half a million people died because of coronavirus under Biden administration.
3. Democrat controlled states cannot recover from lockdowns. Most recovering cities are Republican. 16 out of 20 are Republican controlled ones.
4. Rising consumer price index make people poorer under Biden administration. Therefore, American people able to buy less things under Biden than Trump.
5. Republican Party is getting popular among Hispanics. Florida is more leaning to Republican each day, for example.
6. Biden's border and immigration failure unite Republican bases and consolidating white vote.
7. Afghanistan disaster proved that Joe Biden is unfit to be commander in chief.
8. Republicans won 2020 general elections in terms of regional and local elections. This brought them redistricting advantage.
9. Biden shows no signs of defending US economy against China so far. Voters are disappointed with that.
10. "Woke agenda" disgusted even anti-Trumpists. Republicans are united against Democrat policies regardless of being pro-Trump or anti-Trump.
11. Democratic governors are facing serious challenges even in most Democratic leaning states. California governor recently faces a recall and a snap election.

Don't bogart that joint, my friend...
By B0ycey
Rancid wrote:My brain say's you are right. My heart tells me stupidity will prevail.

Nothing wrong with fear @Rancid. It is that fear that will make you go out and vote. So it is your heart that will make your brian right I suspect. But as I said, I just don't see Trump running. I also don't see Biden running either as it happens. And really we need to see where we are in two years to make this thread relevant anyway.

Having said that, what people should really watch out for is the next Tea Party charismatic character. Someone who speaks like Trump but also has political experience to not polarise the swing voters. Someone who is religious, can orate, patriotic and is extreme. A character like that might win the election. Because what people need to understand and I think you do, is Trump won't win another election not because of his policies but because of his corruption, tax avoidance, sexist, racist habits.
By late
It's too early to be doing this...

What we need to see is state polling when we get closer to the election. This could break any of several different ways.

But... since this is what we are doing, I think Covid is going to upset some apple carts in the degenerate states.

If Dems can hold onto power in the midterms, and be seen working in the interest of regular people, well, it wouldn't exactly be the first time they won..

A more interesting discussion is who the candidates will be. My way too early guess is Kammy v Hawley.
Trump could win easily if we had an election today. He just had to focus on what I listed in my previous message. Democrat administration is so weak.

I don't know any nation being rich with stimulus packages and government spendings. But I know a lot of ones got rich with with libertarian (classical liberalism) and conservative policies. America's founding principles are ultimately Republican.
@B0ycey

B0ycey wrote:@Politics_Observer @Rancid

Trump is divisive but this divisiveness is part of the dictator/tyrant playbook that is used by every dictator/tyrant to rise to power. Moreover, you have to consider that even though Trump doesn't represent the will of the American people, the republicans have passed laws to rig future elections in their favor with voter suppression laws. This makes it more likely, if Trump runs again, he could be elected. It also assures more republicans get elected.

But none of these potentially successful elections will represent the will of the American people given that the republicans have passed voter suppression laws in various republican states to prevent and deny the will of the people here in the U.S. from being heard and represented properly in government. I can't predict what Trump will do, but I personally think he will run again because Trump wants absolute power and wants to be dictator of the U.S. The republicans will continue to be his enablers given that all the republicans care about is raw naked power too rather than living in a free society with the genuine rule of law.
Anti-trump talking points do not make any sense. I remember leftists were complaining the same way when Mitt Romney was the nominee. They will just keep being anti-x regardless of names.
By B0ycey
Politics_Observer wrote:Trump is divisive but this divisiveness is part of the dictator/tyrant playbook that is used by every dictator/tyrant to rise to power. Moreover, you have to consider that even though Trump doesn't represent the will of the American people, the republicans have passed laws to rig future elections in their favor with voter suppression laws. This makes it more likely, if Trump runs again, he could be elected. It also assures more republicans get elected.

But none of these potentially successful elections will represent the will of the American people given that the republicans have passed voter suppression laws in various republican states to prevent and deny the will of the people here in the U.S. from being heard and represented properly in government. I can't predict what Trump will do, but I personally think he will run again because Trump wants absolute power and wants to be dictator of the U.S. The republicans will continue to be his enablers given that all the republicans care about is raw naked power too rather than living in a free society with the genuine rule of law.

Honestly, I don't think voter ID will make much difference. Perhaps a state or two if you are really unlucky. But most likely not even that.

And sure, Trump would play the tyranny playcard. I see Bolsonaro is playing that at the moment. The difference. America has a very solid electoral foundation that stood up and remained strong in 2020 and Bolsonaro was a general in a developing nation. Also, the Republican SCOTUS has proven their loyalty to the state by basically telling Trump to fuck off. And as such they should be your insurance.

However as I said to Rancid, Trump won't run. Sure he is narcissistic and power hungry, but he is also getting on and he likes a round of golf. He also hates losing and I am sure he must know he won't win even if you guys are fence sitting on this. So he will endorse someone else and then gain power (influence) in the backroom. Because what you must understand is Trump didn't question the election because he wanted to be president. Or perhaps he did at the start but must have released his defeat once he needed like five states to over turned. He questioned the election to the end because of his ponzi and to fleece his rubes. In other words, he needed to bankroll his election defeat.
B0ycey wrote:And sure, Trump would play the tyranny playcard.

You don't know the definition of tyranny. It is more like tyranny wannabes accuse Trump being that when they don't know the definition.

In terms of human rights and freedom , I can say that Biden is 10 times more authoritarian than Trump. But, of course, you need to know a little bit of libertarianism to understand that.
By colliric
Oh God, you guys really are dreaming aren't you?

Still voting for Biden when he handed the Taliban $85 billion dollars worth of military equipment is called you being a fucking moron.

At least vote for a third party! Shit.

You democrats really are fucking moronic aren't you?

"I have to stop Drumpf, so I'm voting for Dementia Joe! No choice!"
By B0ycey
Istanbuller wrote:You don't know the definition of tyranny. It is more like tyranny wannabes accuse Trump being that when they don't know the definition.

In terms of human rights and freedom , I can say that Biden is 10 times more authoritarian than Trump. But, of course, you need to know a little bit of libertarianism to understand that.

Tyranny is merely against your electorate which Trump did. But Perhaps that was the wrong word anyway. I should have said dictatorship playbook. Trump tried to squash the election result and Bolsonaro is threatening that.
By B0ycey
colliric wrote:Oh God, you guys really are dreaming aren't you?

Still voting for Biden when he handed the Taliban $85 billion dollars worth of military equipment is called you being a fucking moron.

At least vote for a third party! Shit.

You democrats really are fucking moronic aren't you?

"I have to stop Drumpf, so I'm voting for Dementia Joe! No choice!"

Haven't you realised yet. Nobody on here really supports Biden. He was the Democrat candidate and he wasn't Trump. I am about the only user on here that could see that Afghanistan was always going to be a fuck up and Biden was following a pledge anyway so I say it how it is. However I am not American. I like Biden, but there are better Democrats candidates like Bernie. And really Americas problems are because the two party system is really a one party system but with different ribbons. But that doesn't mean we should elect a racist dictator. In fact the only difference between the two American Conservative Parties are not policy but who is in them.
By JohnRawls
Istanbuller wrote:1. Half a million people died because of coronavirus under Biden administration.

1 ) This is a problem in any country right now. Mostly this is because of Trump though and other Republican non-maskers and non-vaxxers which will burry them in the election.
2 ) All countries did. Exessive death statistics show that a lot of places are worse than US and many other democratic states if they underreport covid cases and deaths.
3 ) Covid Covid Covid Covid Covid. We know and all have issues with it.
4 ) Rising prices are happening right now due to two things. Fast growth of wages and higher cost of basic resources. Both are standard processes.
5 ) Florida went to Trump anyways, he didn't win because of Florida. But DeSantis is doing a lot in his power to swing the state in to democratic favour though.
6 ) Border and immigration failure???
7 ) Afghanistan is a failure of military command and inteligence. Biden will get blamed for it sure but more or less it is a popular decision to pull out. Not an impeachable offence also otherwise Trump should be impeached first for signing the deal with Talibam :eh:
8 ) They lost the Presidential though. Also Democrats control the House.
9 ) China is a 2ndary issue right now with Covid.
10 ) "Woke agenda" is silenced more or less compared to Republican anti-vaxxer and anti-mask agenda. They are simply not comparable in scale and scope.
11 ) Senate is a problematic institution which is hard to predict in general because you need to know local issues. Overall trend is that the Republicans will loose it eventually if this goes on.

This didn't answer your main point. How are you going to remove or impeach Biden? How is Trump going to have a better chance at winning considering he and Republicans are following the failed policies that made Biden win? Trump added dispute of election and violations of rule of law along with an attempted semi-coup to the long list of his bullshit. Biden added bad pull out of Afganistan with good response to Covid both economically and procedure wise.

In a sense that a lot of people are even more motivated against Republicans and Trump because of Republican Covid ideas. Realistically, there is no alternative to the democrats for a proper response. A lot of people are also pissed of because of Georgia and attempts to undermine democracy both in court and with a coup of sorts. But the most problematic situation is that there is a fracture within the Republican party since Trumpsters hijacked the agenda. This is not how coalitions work. More and more parts of the GOP will continue to be discussted with it to the point of switching sides, McCain and Romney types are just the start.
B0ycey wrote:Tyranny is merely against your electorate which Trump did. But Perhaps that was the wrong word anyway. I should have said dictatorship playbook. Trump tried to squash the election result and Bolsonaro is threatening that.

Trump thought the election was stolen. He wanted to keep his hopes alive. I don't see anything wrong with this.

I tell you what tyranny is by giving you an example. Rize, a city in Turkey, was bombed from sea by Turkish state in 1920s. The reason was people there refused to wear Western hats. This is called tyranny.

JohnRawls wrote:1 ) This is a problem in any country right now. Mostly this is because of Trump though and other Republican non-maskers and non-vaxxers which will burry them in the election.

You and many people here were accusing Trump for downplaying coronavirus. What did change? Why are you trying to downplay death of half a million people? It is also pathetic to blame a former president.
2 ) All countries did. Exessive death statistics show that a lot of places are worse than US and many other democratic states if they underreport covid cases and deaths.

You claimed that Biden would score a big victory against coronavirus. It appears now that you are mistaken. Coronavirus increased its pace under Biden. 500K people lost their lives due to poor treatment of the administration.

Biden promised to follow science. That also failed. What they do is just sending mixed messages.
3 ) Covid Covid Covid Covid Covid. We know and all have issues with it.

There must be reasons behind why Republican states are doing economically much better than Democrat ones. Unemployement rates of Republican states are well below the national average while Democrat states are well above the average.
5 ) Florida went to Trump anyways, he didn't win because of Florida. But DeSantis is doing a lot in his power to swing the state in to democratic favour though.

No. Hispanic people become Republicans in these swing states. They will be secure states in coming elections.
4 ) Rising prices are happening right now due to two things. Fast growth of wages and higher cost of basic resources. Both are standard processes.

It is funny that you are also trying to downplay mismanagement of US economy.

US economy shows no growth. It is addition of bizarre and huge government spending to gross domestic product calculation. Passing trillion dollars bills in the cogress do not produce anything valuable economically China produce and sells things which is the core of economic acitivity.

Trillion dollars bills are the reason why there is rising inflation in the US.

6 ) Border and immigration failure???

Haven't you paying attention to worst humanitarian crisis in the US in decades?

Border crisis is the answer to why people in border states will not vote for Democrats.
7 ) Afghanistan is a failure of military command and inteligence. Biden will get blamed for it sure but more or less it is a popular decision to pull out. Not an impeachable offence also otherwise Trump should be impeached first for signing the deal with Talibam

Another thing which you are trying to downplay.

Biden and Democrats short selling of allies is well noted in other countries. Those generals are directly getting orders from the president who is the commander in chief. Biden failed Afghan people and US allies miserably.
8 ) They lost the Presidential though. Also Democrats control the House.

I advise you to do research on redistricting. It seems like you don't know what it is.

Democrats have a narrow majority in the house. It can be flipped easily without gaining a single new vote thanks to redistricting.
9 ) China is a 2ndary issue right now with Covid.

China is the most complex threat The US has ever been facing. It is a scandal if Biden thinks it is a secondary issue. Maybe he is going soft on China because of his son's business deals? Possible.
10 ) "Woke agenda" is silenced more or less compared to Republican anti-vaxxer and anti-mask agenda. They are simply not comparable in scale and scope.

There is no anti-vaccine or anti-mask agenda. Trump himself advise people to get vaccinated.

Republicans and libertarians might be against mandating vaccines and masks because of ideological reasons. Mandating something can be violation of personal freedoms. It is also un-American as the country was founded on personal freedoms.
11 ) Senate is a problematic institution which is hard to predict in general because you need to know local issues. Overall trend is that the Republicans will loose it eventually if this goes on.

You are again wrong. There are many vulnerable Democrat senators who were elected from red states. Did you ever heard of Joe Manchin? :lol:

This didn't answer your main point. How are you going to remove or impeach Biden?

Flipping the house and having a simple majıority is enough to impeach a president. You can also remove the president by eliminating the filibuster. President can be removed by a simple majority.
How is Trump going to have a better chance at winning considering he and Republicans are following the failed policies that made Biden win? Trump added dispute of election and violations of rule of law along with an attempted semi-coup to the long list of his bullshit. Biden added bad pull out of Afganistan with good response to Covid both economically and procedure wise.

In a sense that a lot of people are even more motivated against Republicans and Trump because of Republican Covid ideas. Realistically, there is no alternative to the democrats for a proper response. A lot of people are also pissed of because of Georgia and attempts to undermine democracy both in court and with a coup of sorts. But the most problematic situation is that there is a fracture within the Republican party since Trumpsters hijacked the agenda. This is not how coalitions work. More and more parts of the GOP will continue to be discussted with it to the point of switching sides, McCain and Romney types are just the start.

Republicans are not in charge. 500K deaths under since Biden took the office is a direct result of Biden administration. It is funny if you think Trump is still the president. :lol:

@FiveofSwords Edwards' critique does not co[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

70% of Americans view Ukraine as an ally or frien[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 19, Friday Allied troops land on Norway co[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]