The floodgaetz are open: Matt Gaetz growing scandal is a threat to the whole GOP - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The floodgaetz are open: Matt Gaetz growing scandal is a threat to the whole GOP

In addition to Gaetz and Florida Republican Joel Greenberg, there’s at least one other unnamed Republican official involved in this sex trafficking ring. More importantly, there are a lot more unnamed people involved—like the women who Gaetz, Greenberg, and associates paid to travel across states for the purposes of having sex. At least one of these women was reportedly under the age of 18. There may be more.

As the story expands, so does the possibility that Gaetz was involved in repeated acts that were both more serious, and more extensive, than early reporting suggested. That includes new information that indicates that Gaetz may have been directly involved in providing false IDs to the underage targets of his sex trafficking organization.

New reporting from The Daily Beast shows that the relationship between Gaetz and Greenberg extended beyond the 2019-2020 time frame originally reported elsewhere. That’s because a tip to the FBI shows Gaetz accompanied Greenberg on a late-night trip to his office in 2018 that triggered a security alarm. As it turns out, the FBI was already investigating Greenberg for something he was doing in that office: making fake IDs.

Countdown to the indictment. No wonder there were rumors a few days ago that he was "seriously considering not seeking re-election and possibly leaving Congress early for a job at Newsmax..." And the GQP continues to implode...
As it stands, Gaetz is a spectacularly unproductive Florida Republican who never managed, during his first two terms in the House, to get a single bill that he sponsored signed into law. (We are still crossing our fingers for that post-office-naming he co-sponsored.) Meanwhile, by Forbes’s count, he has appeared on Fox News at least 179 times since taking office.

The Gaetz saga is intertwined with many, many details involving his slimy associates, one of whom has already been indicted on sex trafficking, and his alleged use of drugs (Ecstasy, of course).

“I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward,” ( :lol: :lol: :lol: )Gaetz said. As only he could.

jimjam sez: GAETZ FOR POTUS
jimjam is going to stick his neck out here and endorse Matt Gaetz for president. He definitely looks like presidential timber ----- has what it takes to win over the large and growing moron element in America. The Republican swamp seems to have an abundant supply of wack jobs to span generations far into the future.

The late-night hosts had plenty to say on Thursday about the accusations against Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, as investigators examine a trip he took to the Bahamas with Jason Pirozzolo, a marijuana entrepreneur and hand surgeon.

“I know Gaetz is from Florida, but ‘Bahamas sex trafficking with weed-peddling hand surgeon’ is almost too Florida, even for him. Gaetz is going to get screwed — and as usual, he’s going to have to pay for it.”— STEPHEN COLBERT

“Now might be a fun time to remind people of this tweet Matt Gaetz posted just before Michael Cohen testified in Congress about his former boss, Donald Trump: ‘Hey @michaelcohen212 do your wife & father-in-law know about your girlfriends? Maybe tonight would be a good time for that chat. I wonder if she’ll remain faithful while you’re in prison. She’s about to learn a lot.’ Oh, karma, you old rascal, you.” — JIMMY KIMMEL
Do you think he has realized yet that all his effort sucking up to Trump was a waste of his time? Trump never really liked Gaetz. Trump only likes Trump.

Gaetz is going down, down into the dungeon of no return. The GOP will not want him now. It is such a pity. If he had just done legal stuff, he might not be facing criminal charges and alienation. When young people are corrupted, it just makes me feel like someone failed them somewhere in their youth. Their education failed them. Where is their sense of morality and justice? Damned if I know.
Rancid wrote:Why hasn't he resigned yet? I guess he's trying the Trump approach, but he's not Trump, so it won't work. This is good.

I suspect it is because he thinks he can get away with it considering we had a who's who enter Weinsteins Island and investigations into this seem to have gone no where.

I don't know much about this guy. I only know what I have read from a Guardian article. But given that he seems to have been caught paying $900 to a sex trafficker when sex scandals in Congress are like REALLY common, the GOP don't seem interested in saving his ass which means his is low in the Republican hierarchy I would say. Clearly he doesn't have the friends to make a difference, so perhaps he should resign. But the MO in American politics is deny deny deny and I guess he is part of the swamp. Swamp things don't have a moral bone in their body so don't be surprised if he clings on.
Potemkin wrote:Is it just me, or does Matt Gaetz look like he's made of plastic, as though someone made a giant life-size model of Ken? :eh:

Yea, he does look oddly fake. He also looks like a movie villain. The rich businessman villain type you find in super hero movies.

B0ycey wrote:
I suspect it is because he thinks he can get away with it considering we had a who's who enter Weinsteins Island and investigations into this seem to have gone no where.

I don't know much about this guy. I only know what I have read from a Guardian article. But given that he seems to have been caught paying $900 to a sex trafficker when sex scandals in Congress are like REALLY common, the GOP don't seem interested in saving his ass which means his is low in the Republican hierarchy I would say. Clearly he doesn't have the friends to make a difference, so perhaps he should resign. But the MO in American politics is deny deny deny and I guess he is part of the swamp. Swamp things don't have a moral bone in their body so don't be surprised if he clings on.

Indeed.

I think another factor is at play though. He thinks he can get away with this if he follows the Trump playbook (he's a big Trumper). Trump got away with a lot of shit, I'm guessing he thinks he can do that same. His miscalculation is that he's not the president. Thus, he's not very useful to the broader Republican party. Trump was the president, and hence the Republican party would back him up because they needed a Republican president. There is nothing to gain for the party or for individual republicans by backing Gaetz.

This further supports my theory that the Republican party isn't as united as everyone thinks they are. At this point, most of them are in it for themselves. This is bad for the long term survival of the party. Couple that with the fact their their voting demographic is shrinking.... this party is going to die. hopefully sooner than later.
The Daily Beast has obtained a confession letter that Joel Greenberg wrote after asking Roger Stone to help him obtain a pardon.

“From time to time, gas money or gifts, rent or partial tuition payments were made to several of these girls, including the individual who was not yet 18. I did see the acts occur firsthand and Venmo transactions, Cash App or other payments were made to these girls on behalf of the Congressman.”
Rancid wrote:This Republican party needs to die.

All Republicans are pedophiles. Every single one. But somehow, their base thinks a secret pedophile cabal is controlling the government and also it's somehow not the Republicans.

For fun, I am going to post some pictures of randomly selected Republicans.

Dennis Hastert

Jim Jordan describing the size of a child's penis

Roy Moore

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]