The Russian-Chinese military alliance is getting stronger thanks to the USA - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.

US defense report estimates China has the world's largest naval fleet and is churning out new ships faster than ever.

CHINA 350 SHIPS
RUSSIA 360 SHIPS

US NAVY 293 SHIPS
BRITISH NAVY 89 SHIPS

The Biden administration has rejected President Putin's suggestion of a reset in US-Russian relations. Meanwhile, the Pentagon has admitted that China, who recently added three warships in a single day, now boasts the world's largest navy and is making overtures to Russia in hopes of establishing a military alliance. Officials in China and Russia have reiterated their recognition of mutual interest in opposing unilateral sanctions and other unwelcome moves with which Washington exerts its influence on the world stage. China and Russia boast formidable navies and participated in joint military drills and shared sensitive technology with one another.
Russianbear wrote:[img]

US defense report estimates China has the world's largest naval fleet and is churning out new ships faster than ever.

CHINA 350 SHIPS
RUSSIA 360 SHIPS

US NAVY 293 SHIPS
BRITISH NAVY 89 SHIPS

The Biden administration has rejected President Putin's suggestion of a reset in US-Russian relations. Meanwhile, the Pentagon has admitted that China, who recently added three warships in a single day, now boasts the world's largest navy and is making overtures to Russia in hopes of establishing a military alliance. Officials in China and Russia have reiterated their recognition of mutual interest in opposing unilateral sanctions and other unwelcome moves with which Washington exerts its influence on the world stage. China and Russia boast formidable navies and participated in joint military drills and shared sensitive technology with one another.

The devil is always in the details. I don't think the raw numbers tell the difference. The types and tonnage may reveal a totally different picture. Nevertheless, the bear and the pander, landlubbers by nature, have not done badly at all in taking to the waves.
Russianbear wrote:
The Biden administration has rejected President Putin's suggestion of a reset in US-Russian relations.

A number of presidents tried a 'reset' with Putin. They all failed. After the cyber attacks, an election interference, the idea of another reset is beyond ludicrous.

The Chinese navy is still much, much weaker than the American navy. Their tech is 2 to 3 generations behind us, and one behind is lethal.
Politics_Observer wrote:Personally, I see an ideological struggle being played out between the U.S., Russia and China (the Big 3). The ideology of dictatorship and authoritarianism on one side (Russia and China) and the ideology of democracy on the other (the US).

Basically yes.

It's interesting because the cold war was about Communism versus Capitalism. This new one is about Authoritarianism versus Democracy. In this new war, the right and moral side is more obvious. Whoever has more guns isn't going to matter as much.

No one is interested in more Authoritarianism.

Also the Russia-China alliance is one of convenience for now. I see China back stabbing Russia in the future once China is stronger both economically and militarily. They have been historical enemies after all. This is assuming the CCP's grip doesn't collapse.
@Rancid

The most powerful thing the U.S. can do and I think Joe Biden mentioned this is that we set a good example and it's the power of a good example that will be the strongest. I think he is right. I certainly agree China will backstab the Russians. Part of the money they have gotten to fund their military currently comes from Chinese money buying Russian weapons and military hardware. This is one of the reasons we have seen an improvement in the performance of the Russian military in what they and the Chinese refer to as the New Generation Warfare.
late wrote:The Chinese navy is still much, much weaker than the American navy. Their tech is 2 to 3 generations behind us, and one behind is lethal.

True. Just comparing both navies by raw numbers tell the tale. A totally different picture emerges when you start comparing them by types and tonnage: aircraft carriers, cruisers, etc then the dominance of the US begins to emerge.

An article I read on this issue points out another multiplier factor that is missed. The United States has tons of allies whose navies add to a US led grand alliance. Examples being Japan, Taiwan, etc. China and Russia have hardly any partners besides themselves to add to their own navies.
Politics_Observer wrote:Personally, I see an ideological struggle being played out between the U.S., Russia and China (the Big 3). The ideology of dictatorship and authoritarianism on one side (Russia and China) and the ideology of democracy on the other (the US).

Completely incorrect.
While America is trying to export its pseudo-democracy (two cartel political system based on deep state Oligarchy and Corporatocracy) and inhuman rights, today's China and Russia do not impose any ideology on the rest of the world.
While Western model of globalism is based on "Conquer and enslave" China promotes Win-Win" cooperation with everyone.
:)
Last edited by Russianbear on 30 Apr 2021 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
@Russianbear

The United State and NATO do not seek any fights with Russia. However, we (The United States) do have treaty obligations to the NATO alliance. But that doesn't mean things have to end in a fight between the US and Russia or NATO and Russia. It's a fight nobody wants and would end in disaster for everybody. I have stated previously in other threads that I am firmly convinced that what Putin seeks is power, much like Xi in China. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Eventually, somewhere in the future, it would not surprise me if Putin and Xi turn on each other.

They both rule each of their respective countries with unchecked power and no term limits. They are essentially dictators. The United States is not perfect, but we are also not a dictatorship seeking to accumulate more power. Russia, the United States and China can be good friends but that is difficult to do when you have dictators in power in both Russia and China. The way Putin and Xi clamp down on democratic rights in their own countries goes against our values and we see what Xi is doing in Hong Kong and how he uses the Chinese military to threaten Taiwan with a much more worse fate.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Russianbear

The United State and NATO do not seek any fights with Russia. However, we (The United States) do have treaty obligations to the NATO alliance. But that doesn't mean things have to end in a fight between the US and Russia or NATO and Russia. It's a fight nobody wants and would end in disaster for everybody. I have stated previously in other threads that I am firmly convinced that what Putin seeks is power, much like Xi in China. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Eventually, somewhere in the future, it would not surprise me if Putin and Xi turn on each other.
They both rule each of their respective countries with unchecked power and no term limits. They are essentially dictators. The United States is not perfect, but we are also not a dictatorship seeking to accumulate more power. Russia, the United States and China can be good friends but that is difficult to do when you have dictators in power in both Russia and China. The way Putin and Xi clamp down on democratic rights in their own countries goes against our values and we see what Xi is doing in Hong Kong and how he uses the Chinese military to threaten Taiwan with a much more worse fate.

I agree it is very difficult to be friends with the US where instead of democracy there is a dictatorship of the deep state, where elections have become meaningless farce.
Just to remind you that "Dictator" Putin was elected with over 80% of the vote.

That parrot mantra about American "democracy", which obviously does not exist, as well as the tireless printing of dollars, will not help prevent obvious decline of corrupt empire. It would be good if the US could offer to export something other than destructive wars, false democracy, and the inhuman rights.
"While America is trying to export its pseudo-democracy (two cartel political system based on deep state Oligarchy and Corporatocracy) and inhuman rights, today's China and Russia do not impose any ideology on the rest of the world".
While Western model of globalism is based on "Conquer and enslave" China promotes Win-Win" cooperation with everyone."
The American dictator is a deep state made up of big corporations (Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, tweeter), Military lobby and Wall Street Banksters.
It's puppets are corrupt fossils like the senile pedophile Biden.
It's an American sadness.
:)
Last edited by Russianbear on 01 May 2021 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
@Russianbear

Riiiiigggghhht. If Putin got 80% of the vote then why does he jail political opposition like Navalny after trying to poison him with the nerve gas Novichok? What he is afraid of? Why not run truly legitimate and fair elections in Russia if Putin is so popular? If he is that popular, then Putin has nothing to fear as far as losing a legitimately fair and square election. He would allow truly fair elections, candidate election campaigns and not jail or assassinate any political opposition. Putin is afraid of elections.

He is afraid to lose and losing would mean giving up power. It's about power for Putin, not representing the best interests of his people or his country. The fact that he doesn't allow truly legitimate and fair elections and allow the will of the Russian people to truly and honestly decide, is what I would call "Russian sadness." China and Russia are afraid, they are afraid of freedom and democracy. This is why they threaten democracies like Taiwan and invade countries like Ukraine who seek to decide their own destiny. This is why Russia and China lash out. They are afraid. People who are secure are not afraid and do not lash out.
Free Julian Assange now
Politics_Observer wrote:@Russianbear

Riiiiigggghhht. If Putin got 80% of the vote then why does he jail political opposition like Navalny after trying to poison him with the nerve gas Novichok? What he is afraid of? Why not run truly legitimate and fair elections in Russia if Putin is so popular? If he is that popular, then Putin has nothing to fear as far as losing a legitimately fair and square election. He would allow truly fair elections, candidate election campaigns and not jail or assassinate any political opposition. Putin is afraid of elections.

He is afraid to lose and losing would mean giving up power. It's about power for Putin, not representing the best interests of his people or his country. The fact that he doesn't allow truly legitimate and fair elections and allow the will of the Russian people to truly and honestly decide, is what I would call "Russian sadness." China and Russia are afraid, they are afraid of freedom and democracy. This is why they threaten democracies like Taiwan and invade countries like Ukraine who seek to decide their own destiny. This is why Russia and China lash out. They are afraid. People who are secure are not afraid and do not lash out.

That's correct the whole world is afraid of American imaginary hypocritical Disneyland "democracy".
Hypocrites first release Julian Assange before you talk about Navalny.

"Don’t throw stones at others if you live in a glass house"
Politics_Observer wrote:Riiiiigggghhht. If Putin got 80% of the vote then why does he jail political opposition like Navalny after trying to poison him with the nerve gas Novichok? What he is afraid of? Why not run truly legitimate and fair elections in Russia if Putin is so popular?

Probably the same reason Biden is investigating Rudy Giuliani. The deep state's political tactics aren't any better than those of Putin. I don't know who they think they are kidding, with the exception of people like you.

Politics_Observer wrote:If he is that popular, then Putin has nothing to fear as far as losing a legitimately fair and square election. He would allow truly fair elections, candidate election campaigns and not jail or assassinate any political opposition. Putin is afraid of elections.

That's a soapbox America can no longer stand on--at least for quite some time. The deep state and Democrats ran the phony Russiagate thing for the entire world to see, killing Seth Rich, and making up phony charges against Assange. America does not have the moral standing it did before 9/11.

Politics_Observer wrote:This is why Russia and China lash out. They are afraid. People who are secure are not afraid and do not lash out.

Can you apply that to Obama overthrowing Qaddafi, trying to overthrow Assad, or Bush overthrowing Hussein? The US can't claim the moral high ground with the track record of the last 20 years.

Russianbear wrote:Hypocrites first release Julian Assange before you talk about Navalny.

You are right about this point. Also, stop it with the phony investigations of Trump and Trump supporters. These deep state people do not realize that they have no moral standing anymore. It's pretty amazing to watch them try to make these arguments almost completely oblivious to what the US has done for the last 20 years.
blackjack21 wrote:You are right about this point. Also, stop it with the phony investigations of Trump and Trump supporters. These deep state people do not realize that they have no moral standing anymore. It's pretty amazing to watch them try to make these arguments almost completely oblivious to what the US has done for the last 20 years.

Sorry for my possible political incorrectness, but I personally think that President Trump was the last chance to save America from moral and other decadent ruin.
Unfortunately, that chance is now obviously missed with Biden coming to power.
Russianbear wrote:Sorry for my possible political incorrectness, but I personally think that President Trump was the last chance to save America from moral and other decadent ruin.
Unfortunately, that chance is now obviously missed with Biden coming to power.

You aren't the only person who feels that way. However, I don't think the Biden thing is selling well. I just saw a Democratic Party campaign commercial on YouTube touting Biden's approval rating. That's not something that needs to be advertised, suggesting the number is wrong and they are still trying to convince people Biden is legitimate. Similarly, Mitt Romney got booed at a Republican convention in his home state of Utah. So I don't think the establishment realizes just how unpopular they are.
blackjack21 wrote:You aren't the only person who feels that way. However, I don't think the Biden thing is selling well. I just saw a Democratic Party campaign commercial on YouTube touting Biden's approval rating. That's not something that needs to be advertised, suggesting the number is wrong and they are still trying to convince people Biden is legitimate. Similarly, Mitt Romney got booed at a Republican convention in his home state of Utah. So I don't think the establishment realizes just how unpopular they are.

Biden is only a puppet of the Deep State.
When I saw how the deep state organized a coup against the legitimate President Trump and openly stole the presidential election, I wondered where they got the confidence to be so arrogant.
The answer was very simple. They managed to corrupt all the levels of the executive power and take control of the entire state.
Sad story for America isn't it?

Just English and scottish actually. Absolute ho[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We're getting some shocking claims coming through.[…]

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]