Why US will lose a war with China over Taiwan island - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
blackjack21 wrote:Why do you think this is the case? China has had a one child policy from 1978 until very recently. China's population is aging more rapidly than any other country on Earth. They will lose 67M workers in the next decade. Furthermore, culturally the Chinese prefer to have a boy if they only have one child. This has resulted in 280 males for every 100 females born since 1978. So not only will China's population fall by nearly half at some point, only half of that halved population will be able to breed. That's how math works.

They can import women from neighbouring countries, they have the money. Their GDP is doubling every 7 years (or 5).

Chinese are the best businessman, they are honest, deliver small quantities (even for 10$), for western companies stinks small money , and Chinese are ready to work up to 80 hours per week.

P.S. I am on Western side in case of war although it is not an opportune choice, because the blue camp gets smaller thanks to Biden.
noemon wrote:
Taiwan does not want to be under the CCP.

This is not a legitimate "challenge".

Never said it was.

In my distinctly unhumble opinion, one of the reasons we are making such a big deal out of the freedom of the seas there is to discourage the envelopment of Taiwan.

This is a balance of power thing, when they can dominate the South China sea, in a decade or two, Taiwan will fall into their lap without firing a single shot.
noemon wrote:Taiwan does not want to be under the CCP.

Indeed, but that doesn't change the CCP from sending RussianBear to try and spread misinformation that supposes it is legitimate.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
I am assuming that neither the USA nor China wants a direct military conflict between the two powers.

And since the US has very limited influence in the region, I see China taking control of Taiwan in the future without any real opposition from the USA.

Yes, and yes.

Clinton goofed in a speech and admitted we had no plan to defend Taiwan if China invaded. Everyone knew that, but it was one of those things you are very much supposed to keep quiet about.
noemon wrote:Taiwan does not want to be under the CCP.

What's wrong with CCP?

What's right with "democracy" based on dictatorship of the Deep State made up of big corporations (Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, tweeter), Military lobby and Wall Street Banksters, puppets are corrupted puppet politicians like senile pedophile Biden or a fossil Nancy and where elections have become meaningless farce?
That parrot mantra about American "democracy", which obviously does not exist, as well as the tireless printing of dollars, will not help prevent obvious decline of corrupt Disneyland empire.
Russianbear wrote:What's wrong with CCP?

It's ossified, backwards, repressive, violent and it unleashed coronavirus on the entire world--making Chernobyl look like a picnic. That's generally the case in totalitarian systems. So the CCP is seriously lacking in popularity now.

Russianbear wrote:What's right with "democracy" based on dictatorship of the Deep State made up of big corporations (Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, tweeter), Military lobby and Wall Street Banksters, puppets are corrupted puppet politicians like senile pedophile Biden or a fossil Nancy and where elections have become meaningless farce?

But we did have Trump for four years, and he remains very popular among his base. Meanwhile, the effort to defeat Trump was a warning shot heard around the world, and many countries are now using their state power to hamstring these large transnational organizations.

Russianbear wrote:That parrot mantra about American "democracy", which obviously does not exist, as well as the tireless printing of dollars, will not help prevent obvious decline of corrupt Disneyland empire.

American democracy exists, but it is corrupted by the urban Democrat political machine and the deep state. It is they who are decaying, not the American people as such.

Sandzak wrote:They can import women from neighbouring countries, they have the money. Their GDP is doubling every 7 years (or 5).

China had a roughly 40 year one child policy. It takes 40 years to create a 40 year old. When you cut the birth rate nearly in half for 40 years, you will cut your population nearly in half over time too. The idea that China is just going to import 100M women is pretty crazy. Do you really think that many women will come for money? China's official GDP last year was around 2%--the lowest in 40 years.
blackjack21 wrote:
China had a roughly 40 year one child policy. It takes 40 years to create a 40 year old. When you cut the birth rate nearly in half for 40 years, you will cut your population nearly in half over time too. The idea that China is just going to import 100M women is pretty crazy. Do you really think that many women will come for money? China's official GDP last year was around 2%--the lowest in 40 years.

This would be 8% of the polulation... this would be feasible. But I doubt the chinese can offer a standard of living to move to China. 80h work per week, does not sound like a good work life balance. With AI and robotisation they can keep the production output, even with a shrinking population.
Russianbear wrote:What's wrong with CCP?

What's right with "democracy" based on dictatorship of the Deep State made up of big corporations (Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, tweeter), Military lobby and Wall Street Banksters, puppets are corrupted puppet politicians like senile pedophile Biden or a fossil Nancy and where elections have become meaningless farce?
That parrot mantra about American "democracy", which obviously does not exist, as well as the tireless printing of dollars, will not help prevent obvious decline of corrupt Disneyland empire.

Simply a straw man. The US has no intention to govern Taiwan. The alternatives are the status quo, i.e. Taiwanese democracy under American protection, or CCP rule.
@Russianbear

I am going to assume you are a Russian. If you are a Russian, my question is this. Wouldn't you want a voice in your own government? Candidates who advocate for policies to help Russian society and to be able to choose which candidate has the best ideas to help your society and make it a better place to live?
Rugoz wrote:Simply a straw man. The US has no intention to govern Taiwan. The alternatives are the status quo, i.e. Taiwanese democracy under American protection, or CCP rule.

USA as an "Exceptional nation" didn't create democracy and doesn't have monopoly on democracy.
But US has intention to govern the world.
In Taiwan don't live US citizens but Han Chinese (97%).
South China Sea is not South American Sea.
The world is not US backyard.
US doesn't have democracy* but two party cartel plutocracy** and corporatocracy***.

*Democracy means rule of the people (Greek: δημοκρατία, dēmokratiā, from dēmos 'people' and kratos 'rule'). I don't see it's happening in US.

**plutocracy means state or society governed or controlled by the wealthy (obvious in US)

***corporatocracy means society or system governed or controlled by corporations (obvious in US).
Politics_Observer wrote:@Russianbear

I am going to assume you are a Russian. If you are a Russian, my question is this. Wouldn't you want a voice in your own government? Candidates who advocate for policies to help Russian society and to be able to choose which candidate has the best ideas to help your society and make it a better place to live?

The best barrier against manipulation and brainwashing is to have common sense.
For those who do not have it, learning mathematical logic or Aristotle's syllogism is recommended.
Since you obviously don't have common sense, I guess you're one of brainwashed Americans.
Someone recently asked a legitimate question: "How is it that America has top universities and so many ignorant people?".
The answer was because the Chinese mostly study at those universities.
Your assumption was wrong, because I am not a Russian, but a Chinese, so I am not competent to answer your question about Russia.
:)

Are you interested in having an honest conversation or are you interested in just trolling this forum?

Please Calm Down, don't be arrogant and try to be civilized.
If you don't like my opinion and telling the truth you can ban me in accordance with your free speech "democracy".
Thank you
Last edited by Russianbear on 02 May 2021 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rugoz wrote:Taiwan's defense spending has grown to 2.4% of GDP, which is quite substantial. It's the same as in South Korea, while in Japan for example it's barely 1%. The goal is obviously not to match the PLA but to make it expensive for China to take the island.

Arguably not even that. The DPP invests in expensive and flashy military hardware, but not in equipment or policies that would actually make the island more difficult to take. It appears that their spending is either kickbacks to US security companies as part of the defense agreement, or as a prop for domestic support than genuine strategic concern . There was a US general that wrote an op-ed about it, venting his frustration. Let me see if I can find it.
@Russianbear

I am calm, I am just trying to gain a better understanding of who I am dealing with and what your true intentions are. So, you say you are Chinese. I am assuming you live in China. If this is the case, then I can conclude one of the two.

A. Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China" does not block politics forum or perhaps blocks some part of politics forum but not all parts of politics forum.
B. Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China" does block politics forum and you are using a VPN with the capability to bypass the "Great Firewall of China" to be able to see all parts of the politics forum including everything I am writing to you. Perhaps a VPN that is using the Shadowsocks proxy protocol.

OR

You are Chinese who doesn't live in China. I don't care about your exact location, I am just curious to know if you live in China itself our outside the national boundaries of China.

I am calm, I am just trying to gain a better understanding of who I am dealing with and what your true intentions are. So, you say you are Chinese. I am assuming you live in China. If this is the case, then I can conclude one of the two.

A. Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China" does not block politics forum or perhaps blocks some part of politics forum but not all parts of politics forum.
B. Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China" does block politics forum and you are using a VPN with the capability to bypass the "Great Firewall of China" to be able to see all parts of the politics forum including everything I am writing to you. Perhaps a VPN that is using the Shadowsocks proxy protocol.

OR

You are Chinese who doesn't live in China. I don't care about your exact location, I am just curious to know if you live in China itself our outside the national boundaries of China.

You may be calm, but still arrogant and aggressive.
I hope you weren't an investigator in Guantanamo Bay.
I live in Chinese city called Hong Kong.
Do you have problem with that?
:)
Last edited by Russianbear on 02 May 2021 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the actual claims are being ignored and we are […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Of course the US has a problem with it's dick siz[…]

The English are identifiable genetically. Of cou[…]