Why US will lose a war with China over Taiwan island - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Crantag

I am sorry to hear you lost friends in Afghanistan. I would like to offer you most sincere condolences. It is one of the terrible tragedies of war. I personally think it is important to remember that they died so that others may live in security and freedom here in the United States as American citizens. Your friends are my brothers and always will be till the end of time.

Don’t pretend you’re not an American patriot, but a notorious DEEP STATE BOT.
:)

Find another advisor. Take another crack at it.

I left academics already 5 years ago, and I was doing it in Japan. I'm not likely to go enter a new graduate program in Japan. And I'm not really likely to do so in the US, either.

Also, economics and economists is full of shit.

I partly couldn't stomach the political aspects. Especially as a Marxist, surrounded by mainstreamers. My original advisor, the guy that retired (University policy in Japan, when you turn 65 at a national university) was a serious Marxist. But most of the assholes in the economics department looked down on us.

I also fell victim to the party.

By the time I left (when my funding expired), I'd hardly done anything.

But, fuck it. You reap what you sow.

The shit was stressful though. I still like learning and studying, but I don't feel that I want to plunge back in to academics.

Too bad I didn't ever get to call myself a doctor though, hah.
Russianbear wrote:Don’t pretend you’re not an American patriot, but a notorious DEEP STATE BOT.
:)

@Politics_Observer strikes me as a good American patriot, but he also has a good head on his shoulders. My impression is that he does have an eye for and understanding of injustices, but he's put his money where his mouth is, he volunteered to go to Afghanistan.

I don't quite share his outlook on some things, but he's my forum bro, he's a good guy.

And you're fine as well. I don't get all personal and stuff about nationalism. I'm not a nationalist.

America does have some redeeming qualities, but there are also sorrows of empire.
Crantag wrote:My doctorate was a failure. I had one old buddy i was thinking of. I heard he was in some hairy shit. I guess i was identifying his comrades as my bros. But it was dumb. But that's good reallY, eh.

Now you will be even worse with the deep state in power with the senile pedophile Biden. Trump was the last chance for you guys US patriots.
It's too late now, sooner or later people like you will end up in Guantanamo.
I was just a professional student. My main motivation was to be able to call myself a doctor, probably.

I mostly did it for so long because I just got sucked in. And, as long as they paid my bills, it was alright, sorta.

I never even really wanted to be an economist, after I realized most economists are just corporate shills, more or less.
Russianbear wrote:Now you will be even worse with the deep state in power with the senile pedophile Biden. Trump was the last chance for you guys US patriots.
It's too late now, sooner or later people like you will end up in Guantanamo.

Haha, Trump is an absolute piece of shit, and was a horrible president. He didn't do as much damage as George W. Bush, Bush was worse. But Trump was pretty terrible.

Biden is largely a figurehead, which is largely what most presidents largely are.

He has been pretty decent though. If you were a polster asking me if I approve or not of Biden, I'd probably say I approve.

You can't be serious about Trump, though. What an absolute piece of shit that guy is.
@Crantag

Trump is a piece of shit in every sense of the word. You can check out two of my army pictures on my website. The picture of the soldier with the M-16 is a picture of me while I was in Afghanistan on patrol. It's on my website's About Page here: https://davenportresume.com/about.html . Personally, I think @Russianbear is a Putin paid troll, paid to come here and stir shit up and get people, particularly Americans, pitted against each other and all riled up. I don't think Russianbear believes half of what he posts.

Trump is a piece of shit in every sense of the word. You can check out two of my army pictures on my website. The picture of the soldier with the M-16 is a picture of me while I was in Afghanistan on patrol. It's on my website's About Page here: https://davenportresume.com/about.html . Personally, I think @Russianbear is a Putin paid troll, paid to come here and stir shit up and get people, particularly Americans, pitted against each other and all riled up. I don't think Russianbear believes half of what he posts.

I liked your picture in your Afghanistan tour. I like your face Politics.

The USA electorate is divided. It looks bad. The Republican party is going to take back some seats unless people get very active. But the only way to right the problem is to destroy McConnell and get rid of the filibuster.

If they don't do it? Serious problem. For a very long time. And people not voted by the majority are going to shape everything and dedicate themselves to obstruction only. that is the truth.
@Tainari88

Tainari88 wrote:I liked your picture in your Afghanistan tour. I like your face Politics.

The USA electorate is divided. It looks bad. The Republican party is going to take back some seats unless people get very active. But the only way to right the problem is to destroy McConnell and get rid of the filibuster.

If they don't do it? Serious problem. For a very long time. And people not voted by the majority are going to shape everything and dedicate themselves to obstruction only. that is the truth.

Yeah, the picture on the right side was several years after my discharge from the Army when I was in business for myself and I was the hired entertainment for a New Years party at a Russian Jewish synagogue. Most of the ladies shown in the photograph sitting with me are from the former Soviet Union and immigrated to the United States. I was the magician at that particular party doing various card, coin tricks and close up magic tricks with various small objects. They found me off my business website at the time and booked me. They have a Russian Jewish community in Atlanta, Georgia and Atlanta was my primary target market for my business at the time.

I agree, they just need to get rid of the filibuster. I also think they should pack the Supreme Court in retaliation for Mitch's underhanded methods of getting several conservative judges confirmed to the Supreme Court. I think Mitch stole at least one of those seats so packing the Supreme Court is rightful payback to bring things back into balance again. We wouldn't have to do it, if Mitch simply would have played things fair and square.
Tainari88 wrote:I liked your picture in your Afghanistan tour. I like your face Politics.

I like your face too.

That kinda does sound like Disney Democracy, if we are real about it.

Or, perhaps I am just a cynic.

But yeah, I am a cynic. Disney Democracy is actually a good line, to me at least.
@Crantag

Yeah, there is no such thing as Disney democracy. Democracy is rough and tumble. Which is why I am all about retaliating against the republicans for stealing some of the Supreme Court seats and not playing fair and square by packing the Supreme Court. You can't be a pushover. When the other side plays dirty like that, you make them pay for it. Republicans have been getting things from the democrats free of charge politically speaking. Democrats need to start making republicans pay for things and put a reckoning on the republicans when they don't play fair and square and play dirty. I would just tell the republicans "hey it's like you said, nothing is free and that applies to the game of politics too."
The west will not lose either Taiwan or a war that China decides to undertake.

If China goes the way of Hitler, she will end up like Hitler's Germany.

China threatening World War to grab Taiwan simply takes the facade off her dictatorship's intentions, betrays her ultra-nationalistic fervour and unites the world against her.
noemon wrote:
The west will not lose either Taiwan or a war that China decides to undertake.

If China goes the way of Hitler, she will end up like Hitler's Germany.

China threatening World War to grab Taiwan simply takes the facade off her dictatorship's intentions, betrays her ultra-nationalistic fervour and unites the world against her.

The trick, which may have been possible with Hitler, is to navigate between scylla and charybdis.. To reward cooperation, and discourage aggression.

It's a lot harder than it sounds.
late wrote:The trick, which may have been possible with Hitler, is to navigate between scylla and charybdis.. To reward cooperation, and discourage aggression.

It's a lot harder than it sounds.

The only trick is to stand firm and determined against aggression and aggressors.
Indeed, it is clear that the rest of the world (not just the west, but the rest of the globe) should top walking the tightrope with China.

If there is war, it will be because of China's aggression, and the rest of the world (not just the US, but the rest of the world) will put the smack down on China and whatever shit hole gutter authoritarian governments China decides to aligns with. The world is not interested in the CCP vision.

That said, the CCP leadership are not stupid. Doubtful they would really go as far as to start a war. It is also very foolish of them to propagate such rhetoric about war. They are giving the world no choice but to take them seriously on their threats. CCP needs to shut the fuck up with the war mongering over Taiwan already. They might get the war they don't really want.

Bullies rely on fear. When you stand up to them, they tend to cower like bitches. CCP = bully = bitch.

The mistake the CCP is making, is that it is not USA Vs China. It's RoW (Rest of World) Vs China. the mistake they are making is how quickly the west can unify and mobilize against a common enemy. Especially is the enemy represents and existential threat. The mistake they are making is how quickly the rest of the world will get behind the west. CCP is like a bratty child playing with fire. They will get burned; they are over playing their hand.
Last edited by Rancid on 05 May 2021 15:42, edited 4 times in total.
@Juin

I love the United States obviously, because I am American. It's where I was born and raised. It's my home. However, I think it's "best" to remain humble and exercise humility as a people and a nation. Also appreciate and recognize the contributions that other nations have made to mankind and the world. I don't think it's a good idea to proclaim ourselves as "the best." I much prefer we remain wise and humble and to stick to our democratic values and be the example we want to see in others.
noemon wrote:
The only trick is to stand firm and determined against aggression and aggressors.

When it's your money, your kids, and your country... you get a lot less eager to jump into a major war.

If you want to stand firm, contact your politicians, and tell them to dramatically expand your military. Tell them you want to invade China...

How do you think society should be organized? Wou[…]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]