Liz Cheney - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
I don't mind telling you this is weird. She's hard Right, one Right wing website gave her a 95% rating. Before the 6th, she was very loyal to Trump.

Now she is persona non grata in her party, almost a pariah.

"More interesting than what the GOP does, however, will be what she does. At some point, it becomes ridiculous for Cheney to remain in a party that is inextricably linked to the Big Lie she properly denounces. Cognitive dissonance of this magnitude cannot be sustained forever.

If she loses a primary in her House reelection race, she could run as a third-party candidate. She could form her own party with similarly disgusted Republicans. She could run for president in 2024 in a valiant effort to rescue her party from itself. She could form a caucus within the GOP akin to the moderates in the Democratic Leadership Council in the 1990s, who made way for a party shift to the center and the election of President Bill Clinton."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/04/when-do-liz-cheney-gop-break-up/
By Rancid
It sounds like the Trump wing of the party is winning out on taking over the GOP.

It's going to be weird in future elections, as they will now cry fraud on every single race they lose. It's going to destroy the fabric of elections in the US.

This sort of thing really can threaten democracy in the US.
By Politics_Observer
@Rancid

Well, if the American people want to live in freedom, if they want to live in a democracy, then they are going to have to fight that cult that only cares about power and privilege and wants to destroy freedom and democracy not just here in the United States but around the globe. If the American people want freedom and democracy then they are going to have to earn it and fight for it. If the American people aren't willing to fight that cult and fight for freedom and then they don't deserve to live in freedom or a democracy because they haven't earned the right to live in freedom and democracy. The American people deserve what they get if they don't stand up and fight for freedom and democracy and what's right. If you aren't willing to stand up for what's right and fight for freedom and democracy then you don't deserve it.
By Rancid
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

Well, if the American people want to live in freedom, if they want to live in a democracy, then they are going to have to fight that cult that only cares about power and privilege and wants to destroy freedom and democracy not just here in the United States but around the globe. If the American people want freedom and democracy then they are going to have to earn it and fight for it. If the American people aren't willing to fight that cult and fight for freedom and then they don't deserve to live in freedom or a democracy because they haven't earned the right to live in freedom and democracy. The American people deserve what they get if they don't stand up and fight for freedom and democracy and what's right. If you aren't willing to stand up for what's right and fight for freedom and democracy then you don't deserve it.

I'm hoping that if these people come to power, those the lose the most will be the people that voted them in. Then maybe we can finally dump Trumpism and get on with our democracy.

Also, fuck the CCP.
By Tainari88
The GOP is fighting their extinction @Rancid . They wanta different America!
By Rancid
Tainari88 wrote:The GOP is fighting their extinction @Rancid . They wanta different America!

Indeed, but my worry is that the Trump wing wins. Which it seems like it is winning, and then manages to grow and win key elections that fuck it all up for the rest of us.
By Tainari88
Rancid wrote:Indeed, but my worry is that the Trump wing wins. Which it seems like it is winning, and then manages to grow and win key elections that fuck it all up for the rest of us.

I never lived in denial about large swathes of the USA polítical class @Rancid . The nation wants to not progress they would rather burn it down than accept profound changes. They don't understand that there are power players who will help them destroy it all. By the time they notice? Muy tarde.
By Juin
Rancid wrote:It sounds like the Trump wing of the party is winning out on taking over the GOP.

It's going to be weird in future elections, as they will now cry fraud on every single race they lose. It's going to destroy the fabric of elections in the US.

This sort of thing really can threaten democracy in the US.

It has always been there. What is described as Trump wing of the party is only the latest expression of a wing of the GOP. In an earlier manifestation it was the Tea Party. And I noticed that manifestation even when Ross Perot ran for office. And it is not unique to the GOP. The Left has its own manifestations in the person of ole Bernie, AOC and the rest of the Squad.

BTW the Left never accepted the results of 2016 elections. I still recall Rep John Lewis from Atlanta shedding bitter tears on the morrow of Trump's victory, "I dont see Trump as a legitimate President", the civil rights icon moaned.
They boo'd Mitt Romney too.

All Cheney's suck including Liz Cheney. It says a lot that she's even an elected official given her father. The Cheney's and the Trumpsters fighting for power shows what a joke the GOP has become.
By Juin
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

I have to disagree. It seems to me like the system worked. The citizens voted. Some disagreed, as is their right and appealed to the Courts at various levels. They were heard. The Courts ruled. And in due course the various States certified the results. That is how it should be, unless you are advocating for a system where citizens dont have the right to cry foul.

There is also something ominous about your suggestion that citizens fight what they deem a power hungry cult. Does that mean followers of Trump should fight what to them passes for a power hungry cult? Or followers of Bernie Sanders should fight those like Trump followers whom they may consider a power hungry cult? Sounds to me like a recipe for a civil war.

I will suggest that democracy is well protected if citizens actively participate in politics like getting out and voting. We only get the governments we deserve.
By Rancid
Juin wrote:

I have to disagree. It seems to me like the system worked. The citizens voted. Some disagreed, as is their right and appealed to the Courts at various levels. They were heard. The Courts ruled. And in due course the various States certified the results. That is how it should be, unless you are advocating for a system where citizens dont have the right to cry foul.

There is also something ominous about your suggestion that citizens fight what they deem a power hungry cult. Does that mean followers of Trump should fight what to them passes for a power hungry cult? Or followers of Bernie Sanders should fight those like Trump followers whom they may consider a power hungry cult? Sounds to me like a recipe for a civil war.

I will suggest that democracy is well protected if citizens actively participate in politics like getting out and voting. We only get the governments we deserve.

All of that was done in bad faith. Trying undermine the system by gaming it is dangerous.

You are dead fucking wrong here. These fuck tard Trumpster claiming ship like Venezuela's dead Hugo Chaves was involved in fraud is just pure bullshit.

no no no no, you are wrong.
Last edited by Rancid on 05 May 2021 05:18, edited 2 times in total.
By Politics_Observer
@Juin

Yeah, well the republicans are trying to deny people the right to vote by passing voter suppression laws. Don't think that the right to vote or living in freedom or a democracy is going to be handed to you. You have to fight for it and earn it. And if you aren't willing to fight for it and earn it, then you don't deserve it. This is why it's important for not just black people but all Americans to fight these voter suppression laws. It's tyranny and seeks to prevent the will of the people from being heard and to keep other citizens as second class citizens. This is by no means acceptable.

@FiveofSwords When have I denied it? I've sa[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That doesn't answer the question though, how come[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]