CRT - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Pants-of-dog
wat0n wrote:No and no what, and why?

What?

A real thing whose racist motivations you cannot prove.

I never discussed intent.

Yes, if that proposal has never put on the table then your allegations have never been put to test.

No, that does not follow.

------------

@Julian658

Don you support the current censorship of CRT?
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:What?

You're being vague.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I never discussed intent.

Then you've got the solution to the problem.

Pants-of-dog wrote:No, that does not follow.

Yes it does.
By Pants-of-dog
wat0n wrote:You're being vague.

Then you've got the solution to the problem.

Yes it does.

As far as I can tell, there is no argument here.
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:As far as I can tell, there is no argument here.

As far as I can tell, you don't want to actually address the responses.

But tell me: Are driver's licenses racist?
By Pants-of-dog
wat0n wrote:As far as I can tell, you don't want to actually address the responses.

But tell me: Are driver's licenses racist?

No.

I already answered this before. Please try to follow the discussion.
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

I already answered this before. Please try to follow the discussion.

But Black people are less likely to get them than Whites. Using your reasoning when it comes to voting, they are.
By Pants-of-dog
wat0n wrote:But Black people are less likely to get them than Whites. Using your reasoning when it comes to voting, they are.

You obviously misunderstood the reasoning.

Since you are not denying that voter ID laws are racist, you acknowledge that CRT is correct in at least one example.
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:You obviously misunderstood the reasoning.

Since you are not denying that voter ID laws are racist, you acknowledge that CRT is correct in at least one example.

No, I'm using your own reasoning here. Worse, people often use their driver's license as in ID to vote. So if voting ID laws are racist because nonwhites are underrepresented in getting these licenses, then the laws that mandate them for driving are racist for the same reason.

But you disagree. Why?
By Pants-of-dog
@wat0n

You want me to explain to you how you misunderstood my reasoning because you have created a seeming paradox based on this misunderstanding.

Since this has nothing to do with CRT, I will ignore it.

Meanwhile, Texas is moving to ban discussing CRT in schools, effectively censoring teachers.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/28 ... eg-abbott/
By Julian658
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

Don you support the current censorship of CRT?

Had no idea CRT was censored. I do not support censorship. I think all ideas should be openly discussed.
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:@wat0n

You want me to explain to you how you misunderstood my reasoning because you have created a seeming paradox based on this misunderstanding.

Since this has nothing to do with CRT, I will ignore it.

Please go ahead and correct me. Please explain to me why would driver's licenses be racist as a proof of ID for voting and not be racist as a proof of being able to drive.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Meanwhile, Texas is moving to ban discussing CRT in schools, effectively censoring teachers.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/28 ... eg-abbott/

That's going to the other extreme. This nonsense shouldn't be funded by the government, but teachers and schools should be free to discuss it.

Furthermore, students and parents should be free to do so as well.
By Pants-of-dog
wat0n wrote:Please go ahead and correct me. Please explain to me why would driver's licenses be racist as a proof of ID for voting and not be racist as a proof of being able to drive.

This is a different question.

Yes, we can also say that the disproportionately onerous obstacles for BIPOC people (in terms of getting a driver’s license) also has a racist impact in terms of being able to legally drive with a permit.

That's going to the other extreme. This nonsense shouldn't be funded by the government, but teachers and schools should be free to discuss it.

Furthermore, students and parents should be free to do so as well.

Well, that is not what is happening today.

Ohio is also engaging in government censorship of CRT.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/ohi ... n-schools/
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is a different question.

Yes, we can also say that the disproportionately onerous obstacles for BIPOC people (in terms of getting a driver’s license) also has a racist impact in terms of being able to legally drive with a permit.

So then we should abolish driver's licenses at all? If so, how would society make sure you don't get people who don't know what they are doing driving cars?
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:No.

Why?

Pants-of-dog wrote:Now, do you have a criticism of CRT?

Actually, yes. Is the fact that minorities don't seem to be getting driver's licenses as often as whites explained by systemic or even individual racism? Is the fact that they don't seem to be getting IDs explained by the same reason? Or there are actually individual factors at play?

I would say individual factors play a greater role in this particular issue than social or cultural ones.
By Pants-of-dog
wat0n wrote:Why?

Actually, yes. Is the fact that minorities don't seem to be getting driver's licenses as often as whites explained by systemic or even individual racism?

This is a question and not a criticism.

[
Is the fact that they don't seem to be getting IDs explained by the same reason? Or there are actually individual factors at play?

I would say individual factors play a greater role in this particular issue than social or cultural ones.

You are asking two questions and making a single speculation. None of these are criticisms.
By wat0n
@Pants-of-dog

That's obviously a criticism of the assumption CRT makes that 1) societal structures and cultural assumptions play a greater role in explaining why Blacks are less likely to get driver's licenses and other forms of IDs than Whites and 2) such societal structures and cultural assumptions consist specifically on systemic racism. Note that these are assumptions, not conclusions.
By Pants-of-dog
@wat0n

You seem to be simply disagreeing with CRT and not explaining why CRT is wrong for claiming that systemic causes are responsible.

Also, point two is poorly written. Please clarify your point. Thank you.
By wat0n
Pants-of-dog wrote:@wat0n

You seem to be simply disagreeing with CRT and not explaining why CRT is wrong for claiming that systemic causes are responsible.

Also, point two is poorly written. Please clarify your point. Thank you.

Point 2) is clear.

It is wrong because, for example, some people may have the means to get a driver's license yet they do not want to. CRT assumes this possibility away for no reason at all.
By Pants-of-dog
@wat0n

I will not be addressing anything unclear.

Please provide evidence that CRT assumes that it is impossible for people to simply not want identification allowing them to vote.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]