The Republican Party: The Party of White Supremacy - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
B0ycey wrote:Also Antionette never actually said "Let them eat cake".

Should change to Emperor Hui of Jin who asked "Why didn't they eat minced meat?" when he heard about his people suffering from famines.
B0ycey wrote:Winston Smith loved Big brother at the end @colliric. He literally said the last line. Perhaps you are thinking of John who hung himself in Brave New World?

Also Antionette never actually said "Let them eat cake".

The ending of 1984 is ambiguous. He "imagines" he is back in the Ministry of Love and the bullet is going into his brain as he says that.

You can choose to believe it was real or not. I choose to believe it was real.

In the John Hurt starring film adaptation, in the final shot, the suspicious Waiter is shown in the "position of power" behind him with a direct line of sight, suggesting he may be about to shoot him dead.
How can you imagine something when you are dead @colliric? Are you the kind of person who thinks Phoebe dreamt up Friends I guessing. Smith was the protagonist and he said the last line. The author never gave you the choice, your imagination did.

You are spending far too much time on these conspiracy threads
B0ycey wrote:How can you imagine something when you are dead @colliric? Are you the kind of person who thinks Phoebe dreamt up Friends I guessing. Smith was the protagonist and he said the last line. The author never gave you the choice, your imagination did.

You are spending far too much time on these conspiracy threads

??

Dude you have a really fucked up interpretation of the ending. It is ambiguous, he said the last line as he was dying. That's how some people view the ending. The author gives you the choice as to weather or not he was physically dying in the Ministry of Love and imagining he was in the Cafe, or if he was in the Chestnut Tree Cafe while imagining his physical death in the Ministry of Love.

This is called an "Open Ending" also now known as a "Sopranos or Gone With The Wind Ending". You can debate what happened to Winston.
Last edited by colliric on 13 Aug 2021 12:14, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:??

Dude you have a really fucked up interpretation of the ending. It is ambiguous, he said the last line as he was dying. That's how some people view the ending.

I know the book very well @colliric. That is why I was quick to point it out. It is you who has fucked up the ending. That is if you have read it which I do doubt. However I do think you have read some blog from some antivaxxer and decided to repeat the nonsense on here. :roll:

Also you have yet to explain how it is possible to imagine when dead.
B0ycey wrote:I know the book very well @colliric. That is why I was quick to point it out. It is you who has fucked up the ending. That is if you have read it which I do doubt. However I do think you have read some blog from some antivaxxer and decided to repeat the nonsense on here. :roll:

Also you have yet to explain how it is possible to imagine when dead.

I'm not continuing this conversation, obviously you're being a troll. Seen both film adaptations multiple times and read the book about 5 times. That's how some people, myself included, choose to view the open ending.
colliric wrote:I'm not continuing this conversation, obviously you're being a troll. Seen both film adaptations multiple times and read the book about 5 times. That's how some people, myself included, choose to view the open ending.

You don't need to continue because you are chatting shit. How can you imagine if you are dead? He was imagining previous events and not the current cafe anyway. And Orwell was trying to explain that Smith was broken. He didn't mean to give you a choice because the whole point of the story was a warning of authorisation. Not so idiots can imagine their own story.
It's not known as trolling to highlight falsehoods @colliric. You could actually defend your position but I don't really know what part of the story will back up the events of O'Brien pointing a gun at Smiths head and firing at the end. It is trolling if I attack you personally. I don't care enough of you to do that. I just enjoy highlighting falsehoods.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]