DOJ Puts States on Notice About Election Law Changes - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Gardener wrote:This has - I believe - been around for a while. Indeed, similar laws exist in Democrat-controlled New York.

The concern is that the donor could seek to influence the voter. Simples.

A valid concern. I get the impression those advocating for unlimited access to voters in line by water bearers have not taken into account that the Klan, or Nation of Islam folks may also want to approach voters in line with jugs of water. They be singing a different tune when the Klan shows up with jugs of water. Or Louis Farrakhan's storm troopers.
[quote="Politics_Observer"][/quote]

SpecialOlympian wrote:
This is not true.

Also as far as I am aware, every state has laws prohibiting political advocacy, posting signs, etc. within X feet of the polling station.

The real issue is that no American should have to wait in line for more than a few minutes to cast their ballot. This can be accomplished in many ways. Such as making voting days state or federal holidays, extending the voting period to encompass an entire week, or expanding mail-in voting.

But weak, whiny bitches who are too cowardly to tell us why they believe in certain laws want to dictate how voting should happen. Do you want a coward bitch like that dictating the terms of democracy? Someone who can't even explain to you why they support certain laws because they have a base line level of social awareness of how it will make them look like a monster?

I don't. I think they should continue to shut the fuck up.

:up: Preach it brother!<<

Is there no limit to how far you will debase yourself? You debase yourself by calling such a filthy character brother
SpecialOlympian wrote:Tell us why you think it should be illegal to give voters waiting in line water you weak little bitch.

Is there a reason you're afraid to articulate why you support this law, you fucking coward? Is there some reason you're afraid to address me directly?

Do you want Gary the neo-Nazi to grab all his friends, or better yet the GOP itself, to go around to all the GOP areas of his state giving people water and granola bars at the polls?
I don't consider your ridiculous question a threat at all, because it is premised on the idea that the Nazis/GOP (you are the one who lumped them together, and even posited the GOP as the greater evil) would ever go around providing material aid to American citizens. Which is something that will never happen, because American rightwing thought forcefully rejects the idea that government can make people's lives better. They only believe they can make the right right people's lives worse.

No, what I want is for the weakest, most cowardly bitch poster on this forum to explain why he supports the water bill. Not for him to excuse it and call anyone who cares a liberal faggot, but to give a positive affirmation of why this bill should exist.

@juin nut up and be a man, you coward.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I don't consider your ridiculous question a threat at all, because it is premised on the idea that the Nazis/GOP (you are the one who lumped them together, and even posited the GOP as the greater evil) would ever go around providing material aid to American citizens. Which is something that will never happen, because American rightwing thought forcefully rejects the idea that government can make people's lives better. They only believe they can make the right right people's lives worse.

No, what I want is for the weakest, most cowardly bitch poster on this forum to explain why he supports the water bill. Not for him to excuse it and call anyone who cares a liberal faggot, but to give a positive affirmation of why this bill should exist.

@juin nut up and be a man, you coward.

You are an extremely rude and aggressive individual, from behind the shelter of your computer monitor. I assume, therefore, that you are left-wing ?

Several people have already answered your question. But to repeat. Many states, including Democratic states, have rules prohibiting people from approaching people in a voting line - be this for water or any other purpose - for fear that this could be used in an attempt to influence said voter.

What Georgia is trying to do is no different from what other states have already done .
Juin wrote:A valid concern. I get the impression those advocating for unlimited access to voters in line by water bearers have not taken into account that the Klan, or Nation of Islam folks may also want to approach voters in line with jugs of water. They be singing a different tune when the Klan shows up with jugs of water. Or Louis Farrakhan's storm troopers.

All it would take is Donald Trump to turn up at a voting line with bottles of water, and the Liberals/Progressives complaining about this law would volte-face, scream 'fascism' and bawl that this is the worse transgression against American democracy since the British burned the White House, and demand the death penalty for such evil aquatic activities !

Actually.. that might be a useful strategy for the Republicans ? Whenever the Lefties promote something, get Donald Trump to come out in favour of it, and watch their heads explode ?

I can't wait for the Donald Trump University of Critical Race Theory ?
Gardener wrote:All it would take is Donald Trump to turn up at a voting line with bottles of water, and the Liberals/Progressives complaining about this law would volte-face, scream 'fascism' and bawl that this is the worse transgression against American democracy since the British burned the White House, and demand the death penalty for such evil aquatic activities !

Actually.. that might be a useful strategy for the Republicans ? Whenever the Lefties promote something, get Donald Trump to come out in favour of it, and watch their heads explode ?

I can't wait for the Donald Trump University of Critical Race Theory ?

That's it! You mean fellow! You just killed that humanitarian liberal project designed to provide water to thirsty blacks/poor at polling boothes! Now the poor and blacks in line at polling boothes will be collapsing from thirst thanks to your bright ideas. The moment Trump appears with water bottles at polling boothes, liberals and progressives will pass a law making it a felony for any water bearers to approach closer than 15 blocks of any polling building. Water bottles will be quickly redefined as articles of subliminal aggression, and the offer of water to voters acts of voter intimidation.

But you do have a point. Republicans can turn "Trump" into a powerful weapon.

If Trump were to endorse Critical Race Theory today, I bet you all our forum progressives will immediately endorse white supremacism!
@SpecialOlympian

I got a kick out of Cory Booker's response to the "Defund the Police" clown Alabama representative. That backfired on this republican. The republican had been watching too much Fox News and didn't realize that democrats on The Hill didn't even support the "Defund the Police" movement. And get this, the Fraternal Order of Police along with the republicans haven't been supporting the capital police. IMAGINE THAT! So much for the republican notion of "supporting the men in blue!" I love the grand standing that happens in Congress sometimes. And the fact that the Fraternal Order of the Police aren't supporting the Capital police demonstrates and shows that they are not really an organization about supporting the police!

Yeah it was pretty funny watching the one Capital Police guy realize the GOP only cares about him, or rather police in general, when they're beating and murdering black people in the street.

Like the Capitol Police are the Platonic ideal of police. They aren't out there giving out bullshit tickets to fund the city, they aren't patting people down to find a dime bag of weed. They're literally there to protect and serve, even if it's a very small and specific group of people and whatever tourists show up.
@SpecialOlympian

Well it seems that Federal Prosecutors are looking for capital riot defendants who are not acknowledging that they were wrong for what they did and getting the judges to take away their plea agreement and having to face a harsher sentence for their crimes. Sounds good to me! So, if these defendants don't show remorse for their crimes, that could have legal consequences for them and they can face a harsher penalty and/or lose any sort of plea agreement they had. So, it seems, from what I have been reading, the judges are taking note if defendants express remorse for their crimes and admit they were wrong and it is factoring into their sentencing and whether they get to keep any sort of plea agreement that was struck.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@SpecialOlympian

I got a kick out of Cory Booker's response to the "Defund the Police" clown Alabama representative. That backfired on this republican. The republican had been watching too much Fox News and didn't realize that democrats on The Hill didn't even support the "Defund the Police" movement. And get this, the Fraternal Order of Police along with the republicans haven't been supporting the capital police. IMAGINE THAT! So much for the republican notion of "supporting the men in blue!"

Sometimes a single moment is a picture that says a thousand words.

During the Jan 6th insurrection there was a guy beating a cop with a Blue Lives Matter flag.

If you need more than that, get a brain transplant...
Politics_Observer wrote:@SpecialOlympian

Well it seems that Federal Prosecutors are looking for capital riot defendants who are not acknowledging that they were wrong for what they did and getting the judges to take away their plea agreement and having to face a harsher sentence for their crimes. Sounds good to me! So, if these defendants don't show remorse for their crimes, that could have legal consequences for them and they can face a harsher penalty and/or lose any sort of plea agreement they had. So, it seems, from what I have been reading, the judges are taking note if defendants express remorse for their crimes and admit they were wrong and it is factoring into their sentencing and whether they get to keep any sort of plea agreement that was struck.

This sounds pretty standard to me TBH. My understanding is that being able to show remorse and acknowledge the consequences of your actions before the court is a significant factor in sentencing. Apparently it's something public defenders spend a lot of time trying trying to get their defendants to understand.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

no. It's not. :O BUilding more homes for people […]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]