Garamendi’s weak tax math - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I recently received an e-mail from my California Congressman, John Garamendi, which read:

55 of the country’s largest corporations paid zero dollars in federal income taxes last year despite making $40 billion in profits, and the wealthiest billionaires paid almost nothing. Hard working Americans shouldn’t be paying a higher percentage in federal taxes than major corporations and the ultra-wealthy. This must change.

That's why I support President Biden’s economic plan, including the American Jobs Plan. This proposal closes the tax loopholes the 1% and wealthy corporations use to avoid paying their fair share. . .

Additionally, this plan will not raise taxes on Americas making under $400,000. It includes $800 billion in new tax cuts and credits for the middle class.

Garamendi doesn’t say how much revenue we would get from the 1 percent, but even if you could reap half the money from the untaxed $40 billion in corporate profits, that $20 billion would not go very far to cover the $800 billion cost of the American Jobs Plan.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]