Cut n Run Joe craters in the polls - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Politics_Observer wrote:So, their strategy was an asymmetric indirect approach centered around drawing the U.S. into a trap, protracting out the conflict and getting the U.S. to spend a bunch of money over an extended period of years to ultimately exhaust the U.S. Terrorists are evil but many of them are well educated and not stupid.

Poor America. You got outsmarted, tricked and owned by that guy so much.

Politics_Observer wrote:@Beren

Bin Laden didn't exactly win either. He's swimmin' with the fishies at the bottom of the ocean somewhere and Al-Qaeda has been significantly degraded.

But he still owned you for a decade even following his death. :lol:
@Beren

Well I hope the world learn something from all this and how stupid it all was. Just how stupid war is. Lord knows if anybody or the world learned anything from it at all or not. A lot of the terrorists like Bin Laden are dead, lots of Afghans died and now they are back living the 12th century under the Taliban and women no longer have any rights anymore over there which to me is tragic. Terrible to see how badly Afghan women are treated over there and how their rights are now gone. Deaths of American service members and 2 trillion bucks spent and nobody wins in the end. Honestly, I feel bad for the Afghans and everything they endured and will now endure under the Taliban. Feel bad for all the families of U.S. service members. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Just one tragic story. And that's why the "acme of skill is to win without fighting."

Beren wrote:But he still owned you for a decade even following his death. :lol:

I think Osama bin Laden is probably looking down from among his 24 doe-eyed virgins and considering that he came out ahead. After all, he killed more than 3000 infidels in the heartland of the Great Satan, destroying one of the main symbols of American capitalism in the process. He then induced America to engage in a failed war in Afghanistan and a failed occupation in Iraq, while wasting trillions of dollars of their nation's wealth. And being 'martyred' was always on the cards for him. He accepted that from the get-go. So yeah, on balance I think he would count it as a win.
Politics_Observer wrote:Well I hope the world learn something from all this and how stupid it all was.

Don't worry, the world knew all along how stupid it all was.

Potemkin wrote:I think Osama bin Laden is probably looking down from among his 24 doe-eyed virgins and considering that he came out ahead. After all, he killed more than 3000 infidels in the heartland of the Great Satan, destroying one of the main symbols of American capitalism in the process. He then induced America to engage in a failed war in Afghanistan and a failed occupation in Iraq, while wasting trillions of dollars of their nation's wealth. And being 'martyred' was always on the cards for him. He accepted that from the get-go. So yeah, on balance I think he would count it as a win.

It's all like a Muslim terrorist epic, I wonder if the CIA could have written a better one to cover an agent. :lol:
Oh no, US trained Khashoggi's killers, too. And you know what? The US trains foreign hitmen like crazy.

CNN wrote:In the 2018 fiscal year, which ended just two days before Khashoggi's brutal assassination, the US State Department, along with the Department of Defense, provided military training to approximately 62,700 foreign security personnel from 155 countries. That number excludes many more who received military training in deals commercially licensed by the Department of State but negotiated directly between foreign clients and US defense contractors.

So there's a pretty big pool of all kinds of US-trained hitmen all over the world who can be hired or employed to hit anything, anyone, anywhere, anyhow, anytime. :excited:

Would you believe it hits back on the US sometimes?

Beren wrote:
Oh no, US trained Khashoggi's killers, too. And you know what? The US trains foreign hitmen like crazy.

So there's a pretty big pool of all kinds of US-trained hitmen all over the world who can be hired or employed to hit anything, anyone, anywhere, anyhow, anytime. :excited:

Would you believe it hits back on the US sometimes?

You're conflating security and military training with the training the CIA used to give to make better terrorists.

The CIA didn't want to do that. That was mostly during the Reagan years when we taught guys like OBL to be better terrorists. The Reagan nuts pushed the CIA into it.
Potemkin wrote:I think Osama bin Laden is probably looking down from among his 24 doe-eyed virgins and considering that he came out ahead. After all, he killed more than 3000 infidels in the heartland of the Great Satan, destroying one of the main symbols of American capitalism in the process. He then induced America to engage in a failed war in Afghanistan and a failed occupation in Iraq, while wasting trillions of dollars of their nation's wealth. And being 'martyred' was always on the cards for him. He accepted that from the get-go. So yeah, on balance I think he would count it as a win.

I think that's where the problem with this argument starts. :lol:

You left out the fact that he knew September 11 and the "go to war" response was going to blamed by the conspiracy theory nutcases on the Jews/Israelis/Mossad/Netanyahu, thus increasing antisemitism in the world and concurrently helping the Palestinian cause by making Zionists out to be the real villains. Especially with Netanyahu's Gung-ho attitude, definitely going to push the US into the war.
Rugoz wrote:I think that's where the problem with this argument starts. :lol:

If ever anyone deserved to get into the Muslim version of Paradise, it's ol' Ossie. And how do you know he didn't? After all, the Muslim version of Paradise is just as (im)plausible as the Christian version, as well as sounding like a lot more fun. Lol.
Osama bin Laden is a mythological figure.

He was most likely dead of health complications long before Obama 'killed' him.

Then, they 'dumped him in the sea', and never released any photos or anything.

And a bunch of the Seal Team 6 members who 'killed bin Laden' were killed weeks later in a helicopter, which was probably remote piloted into the ground.

The US asset, bin Laden, was made into an Emmanual Goldstein figure by Bush. Obama merely opted to mythically kill the mythical legend. Then, they murdered the Seals who supposedly had carried out the mythical execution. So that they couldn't speak out.

These people also murdered Pat Tillman.
Obama basically Wyatt Earped him....

Scheduled a re-enactment of the Gunfight At The O.K Corral in his bedroom.

He was never going to come quietly, but they could have at least attempted to take him alive instead of the wild west style.
colliric wrote:Obama basically Wyatt Earped him....

Scheduled a re-enactment of the Gunfight At The O.K Corral in his bedroom.

He was never going to come quietly, but they could have at least attempted to take him alive instead of the wild west style.

They didn't want him alive, @colliric. Can you imagine what a three-ring circus his trial would have been? Much more convenient just to off him.
If bin Laden has not died of natural causes (he was likely dead of natural health complications well before the mythical execution), he is probably still living somewhere. He is probably dead, of health complications, and probably had been for years before the mythical execution.

They merely 'killed' the legend.

Why the need to murder the Seals who 'killed bin Laden', if it wasn't all a farce?
Crantag wrote:If bin Laden has not died of natural causes (he was likely dead of natural health complications well before the mythical execution), he is probably still living somewhere. He is probably dead, of health complications, and probably had been for years before the mythical execution.

They merely 'killed' the legend.

Why the need to murder the Seals who 'killed bin Laden', if it wasn't all a farce?

What do you mean? This guy seems to be alive and kicking:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/navy-seals-bi ... 00874.html
Crantag wrote:Obama merely opted to mythically kill the mythical legend.

Obama's also somewhat mythical, his childhood at least.

However, interestingly enough Bin Laden's death didn't mean the end of the war in Afghanistan, they rather got a mandate for keeping it going for another decade.
wat0n wrote:What do you mean? This guy seems to be alive and kicking:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/navy-seals-bi ... 00874.html

Yes, the entire squad wasn't executed, but a good 6 or 8 of them died in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan, weeks after the faux assassination.

The ones they decided to kill probably didn't pass the psyche evaluations, for likelihood of talking to the press, and were also utilized as a warning to the others.
Potemkin wrote:Hush, @wat0n! You're throwing off their groove.... :eh:

For this to be relevant, I would need to be an emperor, and I'm anything but an emperor.

I'm giving my true intuition.

Intuition is all we have to go by, since we can not believe anything the compulsive liar federal government says, and basically as a starting point, have to presume that the underlying details upon which the 'narratives' are constructed are lies, unless truth happens to be more convenient than lies (truth can therefore enter in incidentally, but the construction of the narratives has nothing to do with truthfulness).

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]