Cut n Run Joe craters in the polls - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
B0ycey wrote:body double

I remember seeing a video released by the US that showed an 'Ossie' body double drinking tea with his mates. Very well done, for the most part, but he couldn't own the hat, which made it look all wrong.

:)
Last edited by ingliz on 02 Sep 2021 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Doug64 wrote:I'm sure you've heard the phrase "our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor"?

I haven't. That sounds like something stupid people say, because my life, fortune, and honor aren't in Afghanistan.
I worked with a guy in Canada, who could have been a double for Osama Bin laden, except that he was 5'2" and apparently Bin Laden was a foot taller.

Biden Dropped the ball, but sent the troops back in to get the people out. Fumble recovered.

As for soldiers dying in war. I couldn't care less for 13 soldiers who died, after 70,000+ have already died, in Afghanistan. Where's the real tragedy?
Godstud wrote:As for soldiers dying in war. I couldn't care less for 13 soldiers who died, after 70,000+ have already died, in Afghanistan. Where's the real tragedy?

The tragedy is that they haven't stopped serving real Americans. They volunteered their corpses to be used as political bludgeons by people who only just remembered they cared about the troops a week ago.

Also focusing on 13 dead people, and only them, lets us not talk about what a massive waste of lives (including Afghani lives, which people conveniently forget), effort, and capital the entire war was. But if we focus on those lives we don't have to think about how we ended up in this situation to begin with, where at least one of those servicemen was younger than the war he served in. The pointless war that accomplished nothing except enriching people who deserve to be hanged.

Doug64 is an idiot bitching about leaving a few billions of dollars of military equipment in a war zone but that's what happens when the USAF leaves any war zone. Oh no, several billion dollars of destroyed garbage was left behind. How wasteful of our $700+ billion dollar yearly defense budget, we really gotta pinch those pennies.

The real crime is that $2 trillion dollars that could have been spent on education, healthcare, and infrastructure was pissed away on contractors providing supplies and then private military services for a war that had no point and accomplished nothing. It all went to rich fucks who hate you and think you are stupid scum. And they fund all of the idiots people like Doug64 listen to because rightwing media is basically the patronage system for racist clowns espousing the beliefs of the ultra-wealthy.

Or as Dwight D. Eisenhower put it:

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

So good job, super patriots. Those 13 people died so you could whine. Maybe a few more years in Afghanistan and tens of thousands more Afghani lives ended we could have... I dunno, taught the Afghanis to spaz the fuck out over CRT and mask mandates at school board meetings? They could have been like us! They could have been enlightened!
Doug64 wrote:You give Bin Laden way too much credit. I don't believe for a minute that they expected the US and our allies to actually invade the Taliban--for damn sure the Taliban didn't, or they'd have turfed Al-Qaeda out on their ear before 9-11 ever happened.

Bin laden is one of the greatest men of 20th / 21st centuries. He took on the United States and the West and inflicted a humiliating defeat upon them, although his insight, his audacity and his genius weren't fully vindicated until after his death.

His great insight was to see the United States and the West for the pathetic cowards that we are. I'm not saying that there are no incredibly brave individuals within the West, far greater, nobler, braver men (and indeed women) than I am. But as nations we are pathetic cowards, seemingly lacking in virtually all dignity, pride or "manhood". Afghanistan before 9/11 was not an Anarchist commune. Bin Laden was only able to launch his attacks from Afghanistan, because he had the approval of the Taliban, the ISI and the Pakistani military security complex. He also had the collaboration of the Saudi military- security complex.

Bin Laden made no secret of what he was doing. He was going to attack the United States and keep attacking the United States, until he goaded them into invading Afghanistan.
The right wing of American politics started a war because they figured out they could convert American lives into cash for their rich friends and now stupid dipshits like Doug64 want you to feel pride about this great American endeavor and everything we "gave up" in Afghanistan.

Lol. Lmao.
Rich wrote:
Bin laden is one of the greatest men of 20th / 21st centuries. He took on the United States and the West and inflicted a humiliating defeat upon them, although his insight, his audacity and his genius weren't fully vindicated until after his death.

His great insight was to see the United States and the West for the pathetic cowards that we are. I'm not saying that there are no incredibly brave individuals within the West, far greater, nobler, braver men (and indeed women) than I am. But as nations we are pathetic cowards, seemingly lacking in virtually all dignity, pride or "manhood". Afghanistan before 9/11 was not an Anarchist commune. Bin Laden was only able to launch his attacks from Afghanistan, because he had the approval of the Taliban, the ISI and the Pakistani military security complex. He also had the collaboration of the Saudi military- security complex.

Bin Laden made no secret of what he was doing. He was going to attack the United States and keep attacking the United States, until he goaded them into invading Afghanistan.

It wasn't his genius, it was our incompetence.

We taught them how to be good international terrorists.

Yay, us...
SpecialOlympian wrote:The right wing of American politics started a war because they figured out they could convert American lives into cash for their rich friends and now stupid dipshits like Doug64 want you to feel pride about this great American endeavor and everything we "gave up" in Afghanistan.

Lol. Lmao.

Oh no, oh no! you can perhaps reasonably credit the Right with the removal of Saddam. it seems to be forgotten now but the Tories criticised Blair for not being eager enough to invade Iraq. But Afghanistan was the minimum that the Bush administration could get away with. The overriding priority of the Bush administration after 9/11 was to protect the Pakistanis, Saudis and other Muslim government officials who had been complicit with Al Qaeda. I don't think the Liberal Muslim terrorist appeasers in America realise how lucky they were to have a Conservative Republican in the White House. If 9/11 had happened under a Democrat president there would have been far more pressure to go after the Pakistanis and Saudis.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]