There's no escape - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
The War Lobby, along with Republicans, have been having a big temper tantrum. Someone should change their diapers..

The end of the Vietnam conflict was similar, with Kissinger talking out his *ss until about a week before the end. Pres. Ford did one speech before, that had a generous helping of crap in it. But not one word, after the fall of Saigon.

Could Biden have handled it better? Sure, if he was psychic. But it was a mess the last time around, in Vietnam, so go figure. He pulled well over 100K people out of there in a very short space of time, and that took skill. He hasn't gotten much credit for his ability to get things done. His handling of Covid was much, much better than what Trump wasn't doing...

Even MSNBC has had a lot of hawks whining, which is annoying. I find that glib hypocrite Richard Hass particularly annoying.

This was the inevitable result of having a war machine that gets us into wars without a clearly defined purpose. That's why Vietnam and Afghanistan both ended ugly.

Not only has this happened before, like when Obama tried to get us out of Iraq, and ISIS exploded, but it will happen again. And again.

The problem isn't Biden, or Trump. It's that damn war machine, and the people that make a living off of it.
late wrote:The War Lobby, along with Republicans, have been having a big temper tantrum. Someone should change their diapers..

The end of the Vietnam conflict was similar, with Kissinger talking out his *ss until about a week before the end. Pres. Ford did one speech before, that had a generous helping of crap in it. But not one word, after the fall of Saigon.

Could Biden have handled it better? Sure, if he was psychic. But it was a mess the last time around, in Vietnam, so go figure. He pulled well over 100K people out of there in a very short space of time, and that took skill. He hasn't gotten much credit for his ability to get things done. His handling of Covid was much, much better than what Trump wasn't doing...

Even MSNBC has had a lot of hawks whining, which is annoying. I find that glib hypocrite Richard Hass particularly annoying.

This was the inevitable result of having a war machine that gets us into wars without a clearly defined purpose. That's why Vietnam and Afghanistan both ended ugly.

Not only has this happened before, like when Obama tried to get us out of Iraq, and ISIS exploded, but it will happen again. And again.

The problem isn't Biden, or Trump. It's that damn war machine, and the people that make a living off of it.

Not just those who earn a "good" living off it working in factories making military stuff and ammo.

Mostly it is those making over $10M/yr and up to $200M+/yr who are the peoblem.

They lie to us and hire shills to lie to us to get us into dumb wars, lie to us about how well things are going, and lie to us to keep us in those dumb wars.

BTW --- in my info gathering in the last 2 weeks I saw US Army & Marine officers claiming that they were ordered to lie in their reports on the training of the Afghan Army. What happened to our military that said it would not tolerate liars in their midst. Now US officers order their subordinates to lie to the civilian leadership. [Lying in reports results in that info being passed up the chain of command until it is given to the Pres. as factual, when the Generals know it is all lies. This is why we failed in the mission.]

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]