Creating blue and red nations from the former USA - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
A shocking new poll from the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia reveals that over half of Trump voters polled, and 41% of Biden voters, are in favor of blue and/or red states seceding from the union. Yeah, it’s gotten that bad. — Mediate, Oct. 1

I propose a division of the nation into three sections, blue west and northeastern nations and a red central nation in the center of the former USA, with 25 states for each side. I already anticipate your objections. My division, while providing compact and contiguous areas, would put liberal states like Minnesota and New Mexico in the red; and conservative states like Kentucky and West Virginia in the blue.

We’ve seen this story before, in the 1947 partition of India into the Hindu state of India and the Muslim state of Pakistan. Massive population exchanges occurred between the two newly formed states in the months immediately following the partition . . . Once the boundaries were established, about 14.5 million people crossed the borders to what they hoped was the relative safety of religious majority. — Wikipedia

We could expect a similar population exchange in the newly divided former USA, hopefully with less violence.
My fear is that the US will move in a less democratic direction, where the Democratic party starts to increasingly controll more and more "checks and bounds", (Supreme Court being the big fish), while justifying more and more authoritarian means to keep increasingly violent protests in check.

My hope isnt that the US will divide itself into two camps, but rather that some states decides to leave and become nations in themselves. This should not be a big step in terms of organization for (for instance) California or Texas. Basically a foreign policy is what they lack today?

Tbh I think a violent civil war isnt unlikely if we dont see 1 or 2.
Potemkin wrote:"Less violence"? This is America we're talking about here.... :eh:

Good point.

I wonder if the USA would be less violent if more Americans embraced zen buddhism. Too many people just do not know how to find a peaceful calm inside themselves. They have too much drama in their lives. They love drama and love to be causing drama.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]