American voters, you have been given fair warning, either you're MAGA or you're for democracy. - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Steve_American wrote:
Well, Bluto is wrong again.
Has he even been right?

OTOH, the House is still undecided.
If the MAGA/Repuds take the House, or if the Dems don't act, then America is screwed.
The Dems have failed to act several times, starting with Obama's 1st year, and in Biden's 1st year. Biden did act with several good moves this last summer.

It seems like the unlikely voters did turn out to vote, which is what I was hoping for.

IMHO, as an MMTer, America needs monthly checks for the foreseeable future to help the mass survive the inflation. IMHO, an excess profits tax would not keep corps from raising prices, but it would help the Gov. reduce the size of the deficit (not that it matters much at all).

It's really up to the Republican party to excise the MAGA wing before it destroys America.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Republicans hate democracy. It's an obstacle that must be overcome. Trump was just more vocal about it.

I think you've really nailed the difference between the red and blue parties.

The Blue party loves democracy (but hates freedom)

The Red party loves freedom (but hates democracy)

But both parties love war, scamming money, and putting poor people in jail - so these are the projects where they can work together.
Ehh, I was off on the numbers by quite a bit, but they're getting subpoena powers in the House for investigations, power to set fiscal and other agendas, and the power to block whatever Biden wants from here on out.

And I will just point out that Bluto has just perfectly illustrated why the Republican party got its proverbial ass handed to it yesterday. Not a single word about wanting power to govern as the country ought to be governed. Just the power to block, degrade and destroy. And the people saw that. And they said no.

Make no mistake. This was a big loss for we conservatives. We did not show the people our legitimate plans for the future of the country. Instead we ran or lies, election denial, racism, homophobia, sexism and diminished rights for the people. And though we may eek out a small majority in either the house or senate or both, we will never be able to control our won party's wildly opposing factions and govern effectively. While the democrats may well control the Senate and they will have the veto power.

Here is the thing that the Bluto wing of the Republican Party does not understand. If we get the house and the senate and either move far right to get the support of our own more radical right side, or fail to control economic pressures, they will beat our collective dicks flat in 2024. Let's review:

Who was the big winner?

Well. 1. The democrats have fared FAR better than anyone predicted. They even got an extra governor seat or two. 2. The big loser was Trump and the Trump wing. They showed again that they could not get out the vote. The people rejected election deniers and the radical far right. We failed to forward an agenda and/or vision for the future.

I don't think we can govern... I know we can't get past a veto. Trump is out for 24. DeSantis is good for Florida but he could never carry Pennsylvania or,,, He has the personality of a Koi pond.
I will be voting for Trump in 2024! He's going to crawl out from under his rock and win that election! I'll vote dozens of times!

Of course, this can only happen if we get that "Red Wave"! <fingers crossed>

:lol:
Drlee wrote:Fake. And not a good one.

This happened only 6 years ago. I remember it. So do you.

Virtually everyone on this board saw this happen LIVE.

Unless the vaccines have erased everyone's memories, you can't call this video false.

@QatzelOk calling another person a liar is not a[…]

Race is scientifically arbitrary. It was created […]

Well domestication was just a beneficial adaptati[…]

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated[…]