American voters, you have been given fair warning, either you're MAGA or you're for democracy. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Steve_American wrote:You demand evidence. I say, where there is smoke there is fire. I say that if you can't see the fire, then you should be looking harder because smoke always has a fire behind it.

I believe the people you scoff at when they tell me that the Repuds in about a dozen states have passed or introduced laws as described in the videos. Introduced laws are public records. Lying about their existence is asking to be proven a liar. So, I don't think those people you scoff at would destroy their credibility with lies about what laws have been introduced or passed in the states.

You may point to the Big Lie as an example of a lot of smoke and yet no fire. I say, you missed the fire for the smoke [you can't see the trees all you see is the forest], that is, in this case the fire behind the smoke is Trump and company doing the lying. This is a dangerous fire.

I just want links is all. I'm not saying you're wrong.
Unthinking Majority wrote:
Does she though? Did her father?

There's been a civil war within the GOP since the rise of Trump. Old establishment GOP'ers vs the Trumpsters. The old guard didn't like their power being taken away. It's the neoliberal neocons vs the Trumpsters. Maybe Liz just wants her and her daddy's power back and will do anything to undermine the Trump wing.

Fuck Liz Cheney, fuck Trump, fuck the GOP.

Shooting allies is not how we win wars...
Yesterday, Biden met with the National Governors Association at the White House. Here's the video. It's less than 20 minutes.

What happened 17 minutes in to the conference when Biden said he was going to take some questions? Have you seen this happen before?

Are you seeing this covered on CNN, NBC, or any of the news networks? WHO is running this place? WHO is in charge?

This is bad. Really bad.
It sounds like the feed to the press gallery, which was either in a separate room or audio from a completely different event given the nature of the questions, got spliced in since Biden was clearly taking questions from the governors present and not press. Which seems natural, given that this appears to be a conference held by the National Governor's association with no press present other than camera crew to broadcast it. You can tell from the audio levels and just the general noise that the audio feed is not coming form the camera focusing on Biden and the acoustics make it sound like an entirely different room altogether. Specifically, one that isn't carpeted unlike the room the conference is being held in since you can hear the clacking of people's footsteps.

But sure lets all act like fucking idiots now and wildly speculate about an audio feed error from Fox News. Lets also ~mysteriously~ have much higher organizational standards starting November 3rd, 2020 and lazer focus on this.

As for why nobody is talking about this: it's because you're idiots grasping at straws. But don't let me stop you from getting your hopes up. This is absolutely the thing that will take Biden down, put all of your hopes and dreams in this one basket and never stop wishing.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It sounds like the feed to the press gallery, which was either in a separate room or audio from a completely different event given the nature of the questions, got spliced in since Biden was clearly taking questions from the governors present and not press. Which seems natural, given that this appears to be a conference held by the National Governor's association with no press present other than camera crew to broadcast it. You can tell from the audio levels and just the general noise that the audio feed is not coming form the camera focusing on Biden and the acoustics make it sound like an entirely different room altogether. Specifically, one that isn't carpeted unlike the room the conference is being held in since you can hear the clacking of people's footsteps.

Well hello Captain Obvious, the feed is from the desk microphone directly in front of him, and the sound is bouncing off his hard desk as usual.

But sure lets all act like fucking idiots now and wildly speculate about an audio feed error from Fox News. Lets also ~mysteriously~ have much higher organizational standards starting November 3rd, 2020 and lazer focus on this.

Hollywood has depicted feed cuts in political films many many times. So why are you complaining about people believing this crap happens? Hollywood depicts feed cuts happening in political films all the damn time and basically created the general impression it happens all the damn time. Classic scene in Forrest Gump!

Why don't you blame Hollywood for depicting this in almost every single politics thriller, political scene in otherwise non-political film (Batman Returns for instance) or political drama?

As for why nobody is talking about this: it's because you're idiots grasping at straws. But don't let me stop you from getting your hopes up. This is absolutely the thing that will take Biden down, put all of your hopes and dreams in this one basket and never stop wishing.

You call other users idiots, but failed to point out that the audio feed came from Biden's desk microphone as usual, mixed with the other microphones when the others were speaking.
colliric wrote:Well hello Captain Obvious, the feed is from the desk microphone directly in front of him, and the sound is bouncing off his hard desk as usual.

You're saying the sound of people's footsteps bounced off of Biden's desk? Or that the second audio feed that came in was emanating from his microphone? What point are you trying to make?
SpecialOlympian wrote:You're saying the sound of people's footsteps bounced off of Biden's desk? Or that the second audio feed that came in was emanating from his microphone? What point are you trying to make?

Audio feed used all the main microphones in the room. Including the radio mics and desk mics. It's standard practice, they mixed it. Biden's volume was louder than the others as is usual, but they were all being mixed.

Since Hollywood depicts this shit happening delibrately in political movies all the time, people sadly believe it's usually malicious, when it's more coincidental. Same as Hot Mic goofs.

Classic scene.
A really good explanation of the nitty-gritty of why we all need to get out there soon enough to matter. This may be in the spring in your local elections.
This is certainly in the fall in the elections of your state wide races especially for Governor and Sec. of State, and also for your legislators, so they can reverse any anti-democracy laws that have already been passed.

16 min., but you can skip the 1st 6 min. about a specific state's senator and hear the more general stuff about all races nationwide.

If you hate the do-nothing Dems, you can vent by voting in the primary for a Progressive Dem.
But, in the general election, please be very careful to not let your totally understandable disappointment in the history of the Dems let a single Repud win a single election that you could have swung.

This one time there is a huge difference between the goals of the 2 main parties. Focus on that fact and let it guide you to making the right choice.
Last edited by Steve_American on 03 Feb 2022 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It sounds like the feed to the press gallery, which was either in a separate room or audio from a completely different event given the nature of the questions, got spliced in since Biden was clearly taking questions from the governors present and not press. Which seems natural, given that this appears to be a conference held by the National Governor's association with no press present other than camera crew to broadcast it. You can tell from the audio levels and just the general noise that the audio feed is not coming form the camera focusing on Biden and the acoustics make it sound like an entirely different room altogether. Specifically, one that isn't carpeted unlike the room the conference is being held in since you can hear the clacking of people's footsteps.

No. His handlers cleared the room of everyone. 17:08 onward. And he sits there and grins because he doesn't know what's going on.

The fact is Biden can't handle questions. He can't think on his feet. He's burnt toast. He is not running the country. He's a sock puppet of radical leftists in the DNC.

It would be interesting if we had to resort to the National Command Authority in a national crisis. What a shit show that would be.
He's at a meeting with Governor's Association taking questions from the governors. Since when have press gaggles shouted and expected answers to questions from across the room while everyone is seated at a rectangular conference table having a conference? Guy shouted a question and didn't get an answer at something that wasn't a press conference, but viewing a meeting between national and state level executives. Whoop de fucking shit.

Also lol @ the sudden levels of concern after four years of Trump's White House constantly leaking stories about how his staff had to manage his emotional state the same way you would manage a toddler's.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Also lol @ the sudden levels of concern after four years of Trump's White House constantly leaking stories about how his staff had to manage his emotional state the same way you would manage a toddler's.

Expectation to the Trump Administration was pretty low, as he's a well known bratty bastard long before his ascendance.

Take this kind of differential treatment as a compliment on Biden.
I'm definitely for MAGA :D

So glad I moved out of California. I read that they're removing mask mandates, except for school children, whom are the people not in danger from the virus. Why would they do this? It's obviously because school children are the least powerful people and they're petty narcissistic abusers. I can see literally no other possible explanation for something that nonsensical but it was par for the course when I was in Cali. Now I'm in the south and everyone calls me sweetie and shit, it's great.

Admin Edit: Rule 3 Violation
Steve_American wrote:Republican Party [in an official doc] Agrees [or asserts] That Insurrection [of 1/6] Was ‘Legitimate Public Discourse’. WTF.!!
4.25 min. long.

Glenn Kirschner asserts that this is "giving aid and comfort" to traitorous behavior. [In another video.]

Good to see that the USA is returning to its revolutionary roots. :)
We find ourselves again in a time that try men's souls. Kudos to Tom Paine

The American working class voters have been getting more and more angry ever since Clinton led the Dem Party to turn its back on the workers in favor of the upper-middle class. I think he did it because they have more money than workers do. In this he succeeded, in that the corporate Dems get more money personally than they did before 1990. However, since Clinton left office the Dem have lost ground massively. Sometimes, like with Obama's 1st 2 years they do well, but they failed in those 2 years to keep anywhere near enough campaign promises to appease the anger that the voters have about their massive real (i.e. adjusted for the real inflation rate) economic losses. The result was the 2010 election wipe out at all local, state and national levels. This led to 6 years of gridlock in Congress. This led to Trump being able to lie his way into the Presidency. This not a new thing, many politicians have done it since 1800. Hell, Obama did it.

IMHO, if the voters had known what the next 12 years would be like in 2010, enough of them would have voted for the Dems anyway despite their disappointment with their lack of success in doing things that help them, the voters. That election was a turning point in US History. More and more historians will come to agree with that assessment. As I said, what happened was the voters decided to punish the Dems for their failure to do enough to help them. Including, for bailing out the banksters and worse letting homeowners loose their homes. What they should have done was to vote in more Dems, and especially more Progressive Dems, to get more good things done for them. And of course, to have voted for more Dems at the state level to redistrict the states better for the Dem Party and democracy.

American voters must NOW learn from that example of history, and not decide to punish the Dem Party for not getting more done because of a few US Senators blocking what must be done.
. . . Instead, the voters must vote in primaries for Progressive Dems at all levels and in the general election vote for Dems “no matter who”. This is necessary because about 3 more Dem Party Senators will let Biden do more to protect voting rights and reform the USSC by adding 4 more Justices to it. It will also let Biden pass more bills to help the people and fight climate change.
. . . If too many voters do again what too many did in 2010, the Trumper Repuds will sweep into power and reform laws to keep themselves in power until climate change causes massive disasters that you don't want to experience. This will not end well.

We must not repeat the mistake of 2010. We must try to reverse all the bad effects that flowed from that mistake. Mark my words, failure is not an option. Failure will lead to disasters so massive you don't want to even imagine they are possible. So, just suck it up and vote into office enough Dems to get them back into power sufficient to get more done (like they were in 2009 until Sen. Kennedy died). This is especially true at the state level, because the Constitution gives the states a lot of power that should have already fixed with reforms. Foe example, the original Constitution had the state legislatures voting directly for US Senators, the states soon changed that to a direct vote of the people, and then the Constitution was amended to lock that in. In the same way, we need to lock in the idea that the winner of the election wins and state legislatures can't decide to have someone else win.

IMHO, trying to do this is by far the best option you have.
Steve_American wrote:We find ourselves again in a time that try men's souls. Kudos to Tom Paine

The American working class voters have been getting more and more angry ever since Clinton led the Dem Party to turn its back on the workers in favor of the upper-middle class. I think he did it because they have more money than workers do. In this he succeeded, in that the corporate Dems get more money personally than they did before 1990. However, since Clinton left office the Dem have lost ground massively. Sometimes, like with Obama's 1st 2 years they do well, but they failed in those 2 years to keep anywhere near enough campaign promises to appease the anger that the voters have about their massive real (i.e. adjusted for the real inflation rate) economic losses. The result was the 2010 election wipe out at all local, state and national levels. This led to 6 years of gridlock in Congress. This led to Trump being able to lie his way into the Presidency. This not a new thing, many politicians have done it since 1800. Hell, Obama did it.

IMHO, if the voters had known what the next 12 years would be like in 2010, enough of them would have voted for the Dems anyway despite their disappointment with their lack of success in doing things that help them, the voters. That election was a turning point in US History. More and more historians will come to agree with that assessment. As I said, what happened was the voters decided to punish the Dems for their failure to do enough to help them. Including, for bailing out the banksters and worse letting homeowners loose their homes. What they should have done was to vote in more Dems, and especially more Progressive Dems, to get more good things done for them. And of course, to have voted for more Dems at the state level to redistrict the states better for the Dem Party and democracy.

American voters must NOW learn from that example of history, and not decide to punish the Dem Party for not getting more done because of a few US Senators blocking what must be done.
. . . Instead, the voters must vote in primaries for Progressive Dems at all levels and in the general election vote for Dems “no matter who”. This is necessary because about 3 more Dem Party Senators will let Biden do more to protect voting rights and reform the USSC by adding 4 more Justices to it. It will also let Biden pass more bills to help the people and fight climate change.
. . . If too many voters do again what too many did in 2010, the Trumper Repuds will sweep into power and reform laws to keep themselves in power until climate change causes massive disasters that you don't want to experience. This will not end well.

We must not repeat the mistake of 2010. We must try to reverse all the bad effects that flowed from that mistake. Mark my words, failure is not an option. Failure will lead to disasters so massive you don't want to even imagine they are possible. So, just suck it up and vote into office enough Dems to get them back into power sufficient to get more done (like they were in 2009 until Sen. Kennedy died). This is especially true at the state level, because the Constitution gives the states a lot of power that should have already fixed with reforms. Foe example, the original Constitution had the state legislatures voting directly for US Senators, the states soon changed that to a direct vote of the people, and then the Constitution was amended to lock that in. In the same way, we need to lock in the idea that the winner of the election wins and state legislatures can't decide to have someone else win.

IMHO, trying to do this is by far the best option you have.

Well, your humble opinion is wrong as usual.

You worry about bailing out "banksters", meanwhile your progressive wing of attorney generals bail out murderers, those who commit assault, rapists and other violent criminals within 48 hours.

You import poverty from the border, unchecked as per federal law set by congress, and yet don't even demand vaccinations or proof of such from them, but demand it for the citizenry at the point of threatening the livelihood of those who don't comply.

Don't lecture anyone on voting rights while you mail out unsolicited ballots, hide prefilled ballots under tables and run them through machines again and again, do 3AM ballot dumps and demand that poll observers stand 60 feet away from election counters to "observe". You democrats, enabled by Marc Elais and the Perkins Coie democrat party law firm, successfully went state by state and changed election law in 2019 through the back door with Secretaries of State and judges changing election laws to your favor, rather than the State Legislatures changing election law as per the U.S. Constitution.

Screw your climate change and health care for all narratives. They're all about redistributing income through government forced demand and mandates, where there is no natural demand from the market.

Four more SCOTUS judges to get your way? I think not. But at least you show your iron-fisted tyrannical side yet again.

You are correct - the 17th amendment changed the state legislatures from voting for senators to a popular vote for senators and that was a very bad idea. Why? Because U.S. senators are supposed to represent THEIR individual states on the federal stage on state issues and treaties. The state legislatures knew those issues well, and they voted for their two best people to represent their state on state issues in Washington DC through the federal legislature. With the 17th amendment, the citizenry no longer votes for representation of state issues at the federal level; they vote for a PARTY apparatchik at the federal, just as they do for the House of Representatives. The outcomes have been atrocious with a take it or leave it all party platform (R or D) result on every issue, just as the House of Representatives has. Terrible backward thinking.

You apparently think those are good things. You had no mandate in 2019. In fact, you democrats lost seats in the congress in 2019 elections. Progressives will be punished and you'll be shown the door in November.

No ideas will be "locked in" and no science will be "settled" because you want to stop anyone from questioning your authority. You, Steve_American are as unAmerican as they come.

November will end very well, with you liberals defanged from causing further damage. Rampant inflation, leaving $85 Billion in military hardware to the Taliban (and our nation-state adversaries to capture and reverse engineer that hardware to our detriment), leaving people to be executed in Afghanistan, showing weakness on the international stage which led to the Ukraine situation (and probably Taiwan upcoming also), threatening people to stay quiet by using Covid as an excuse by the administrative state of unelected bureaucrats to silence the populace to comply with your control-freak mandates, rampant censorship of competing ideas, pushing ideological Critical Race Theory in schools rather than educating students in what they need to succeed, violence all over our cities like never before, etc., etc., etc.

Getting you leftists the hell outta Washington can't come quickly enough.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

[quote='ate"]Whatever you're using, I want a […]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]