American voters, you have been given fair warning, either you're MAGA or you're for democracy. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.

Former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn, who received a presidential pardon shortly after the election, had called on the president to suspend the Constitution, silence the press, and hold a new election under military supervision.[59]

As Congress convened to certify the results, Trump held a rally on the Ellipse. He then encouraged his supporters to march to the Capitol building, which they attacked. Five people died either shortly before, during, or shortly after the attack: one was shot by Capitol Police, one died of a drug overdose, and three succumbed to natural causes. Over 100 police officers were injured.[66] One week later, Trump was impeached a second time for incitement of insurrection but was acquitted by the Senate. Trump did not attend Biden's inauguration.

Trump's attempts to overturn the election cost taxpayers $519 million, according to an analysis by The Washington Post, including $488 million in security fees during and after the 2021 United States Capitol attack and $2.2 million in legal fees.[67] As of November 2021, Trump along with many members of the Republican Party continue to insist that the election was stolen.[68][69][70] On December 15, 2021, the New York Times reported that Mark Meadows, White House chief of staff, and a small group of Trump loyalists, including Republican lawmakers, attempted to keep Trump in power by overturning the 2020 election.[71]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempts_ ... supporters

Consistent with the notion of an attempted coup and rejection of the results of the 2020 election, longtime Republican strategist Steve Schmidt stated: "The Republican Party is an organized conspiracy for the purposes of maintaining power for self-interest, and the self-interest of its donor class... It's no longer dedicated to American democracy."[258][508][509][510]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempts_ ... l_election
Steve_American wrote:

Trump Crony: Capitol Rioters RUINED Our Plan To Overturn Election

Sorry, Steve, but I'm getting this good-rioter-bad-rioter vibe from the presentation, like some nominal anti-royalism wrapped in gauze.

If the 'good rioters' on the ground were so separate from the 'bad', *elitist* coup-enablers in the Capitol, then why did they call for Pence to be dead as punishment for his non-acquiescence -- ?
ckaihatsu wrote:Sorry, Steve, but I'm getting this good-rioter-bad-rioter vibe from the presentation, like some nominal anti-royalism wrapped in gauze.

If the 'good rioters' on the ground were so separate from the 'bad', *elitist* coup-enablers in the Capitol, then why did they call for Pence to be dead as punishment for his non-acquiescence -- ?

Sorry I've failed to communicate.

The rioters who stormed the Capitol, are just one part of the threat. A part that is in the past, but is evidence of the intent.

My posts in this thread, mostly, relate to the ongoing efforts by Repud leaders and Trump to get ready to actually steal the 2022 elections. They are doing it by passing laws NOW at the state level to restrict voting by Dems and Independents, and also let Repuds throw out legal votes to make sure Repuds win all the important elections.
Then in 2024, the Repud officials WILL steal the state and national elections. UNLESS THEY ARE STOPPED.

The mass of Americans must do all *legal* things to see to it that elections are not stolen in the future. I'm not sure that the Senate can act. It seems like, at least, 1 Dem Senator will block every attempt to do anything.

Steve_American wrote:
Sorry I've failed to communicate.

The rioters who stormed the Capitol, are just one part of the threat. A part that is in the past, but is evidence of the intent.

My posts in this thread, mostly, relate to the ongoing efforts by Repud leaders and Trump to get ready to actually steal the 2022 elections. They are doing it by passing laws NOW at the state level to restrict voting by Dems and Independents, and also let Repuds throw out legal votes to make sure Repuds win all the important elections.
Then in 2024, the Repud officials WILL steal the state and national elections. UNLESS THEY ARE STOPPED.

The mass of Americans must do all *legal* things to see to it that elections are not stolen in the future. I'm not sure that the Senate can act. It seems like, at least, 1 Dem Senator will block every attempt to do anything.

*Or*, maybe people may want to riot against the rioters, because things like *police brutality* / killer-cops, *still* aren't being addressed, and yet we're supposed to also put up with fascist rioters and trust-in-the-system when it just *barely* upheld democracy a year ago on Jan. 6.

If the Democrats themselves -- formally the Republicans adversary -- won't even prosecute the coup-plotter Trump, then what's the *point* -- ? Why should the people trust the Democrats to give a shit about *elections* when they have so much *now* over their electoral adversary who failed a year ago at a naked power-grab -- !
ckaihatsu wrote:*Or*, maybe people may want to riot against the rioters, because things like *police brutality* / killer-cops, *still* aren't being addressed, and yet we're supposed to also put up with fascist rioters and trust-in-the-system when it just *barely* upheld democracy a year ago on Jan. 6.

If the Democrats themselves -- formally the Republicans adversary -- won't even prosecute the coup-plotter Trump, then what's the *point* -- ? Why should the people trust the Democrats to give a shit about *elections* when they have so much *now* over their electoral adversary who failed a year ago at a naked power-grab -- !

Ckaihatsu, IMO, for the mass of the people to resort to illegal means when legal means are still possible is self defeating. The MAGA people have been stocking ammo and guns. We have not been doing that. Therefore, while we likely would win in the long run, in the short run the economy would be disrupted. If covid didn't drive this point home to you personally, then my pointing it out likely will not reach you.
. . . However, we live on a knife's edge. We NEED daily deliveries of food to the stores so we can eat. All of the food in a city will last the people in that city less than 30 days. 2nd, it is pretty easy to blow up key elements of the power grid and drinking water system. Political violence will cause massive economic hardship.
Steve_American wrote:IMHO, Trump has made a fatal error. I was afraid that he would be smart enough to do a stealth campaign to stage his coups part 2 in 2024. Luckily for all true Americans he wasn't that smart.

What do I mean? I mean that the GOP has moved too soon to tell all of us what their plan is. They intend to steal the next election by having the state legislatures vote to send Electors to the Electoral College to vote for Trump. They intend to have election officials in place after the 2022 election to be inplace in 2024 to put their thumb on the scale of "fairness" to make sure only Repubs. win elections in their states.

However, we are seeing numerous reports about what the Repubs are doing. They didn't keep it a secret. They are doing it in plain sight. All you have to do is look and believe.

Any evidence for this?
You guys are like "Republicans are gonna steal the next election", but it's like no one in the Democratic war room understands that it's a bad signal when you continuously let the Clinton Corporate Democrat faction leak "test the water" rumours of a third run in 2024.

It kinda makes it obvious that Biden has no respect in his own political party and a large chunk of its membership believes he's a single termer and we must prepare the "transition" 4 years earlier than normal.

Sort out the plank in your own party's eyes first. This is NOT a winning strategy.
They're also allowing the Clinton faction to undermine Biden in the classic Rudd-Gillard-Rudd manner. The ye Olde classic "spread rumours of party unrest to destroy our own party's chances of winning, then take over the Party by presenting ourselves as the only path to victory against the evil Republicans" method. It's what Turnbull did to Abbott and Morrison did to Turnbull too(but they won anyway, so it worked out for the party in the end).

Even if it's not her directly, it's her loyal nutcase supporters.
late wrote:Pay attention to Liz Cheney, she's an extremely conservative Republican, but she also respects democracy.

But thanks for letting us know you're batsh*t crazy.

Does she though? Did her father?

There's been a civil war within the GOP since the rise of Trump. Old establishment GOP'ers vs the Trumpsters. The old guard didn't like their power being taken away. It's the neoliberal neocons vs the Trumpsters. Maybe Liz just wants her and her daddy's power back and will do anything to undermine the Trump wing.

Fuck Liz Cheney, fuck Trump, fuck the GOP.
Steve_American wrote:By 'this'. I'll assume you mean that the Repuds intend to ignore the vote count in some states and just have the legislature decide who its Electors will be.

There are reference to this in the later posts that you may have skipped over.

The only evidence I see are videos about some people yapping, which isn't evidence.
colliric wrote:You act like MAGA is a "brand new threat"

I've got news for you. MAGA began under Sarah Palin's watch as The Tea Party faction. She's the real person MAGA fans wanted to see take office. Even now.

Exactly. As I’ve been saying all along, from 2016 onwards, Trump ultimately doesn’t matter. He’s just an opportunist riding the wave of discontent, with a success which surprised even him. His incompetence and personality defects meant that he fell off the surf board. It’s not Trump we need to worry about - it’s the next big wave that comes in, and whether someone more competent and charismatic is going to be riding it….
Unthinking Majority wrote:The only evidence I see are videos about some people yapping, which isn't evidence.

You demand evidence. I say, where there is smoke there is fire. I say that if you can't see the fire, then you should be looking harder because smoke always has a fire behind it.

I believe the people you scoff at when they tell me that the Repuds in about a dozen states have passed or introduced laws as described in the videos. Introduced laws are public records. Lying about their existence is asking to be proven a liar. So, I don't think those people you scoff at would destroy their credibility with lies about what laws have been introduced or passed in the states.

You may point to the Big Lie as an example of a lot of smoke and yet no fire. I say, you missed the fire for the smoke [you can't see the trees all you see is the forest], that is, in this case the fire behind the smoke is Trump and company doing the lying. This is a dangerous fire.

Lol this is why I know better than to even try to[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]