Kyle Rittenhouse Trial - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By wat0n
Unthinking Majority wrote:Fled the scene? He was being attacked and chased. He ran for his life.

He was standing on private property trying to defend it from the hooligans all around him who were out looting and setting fire to everything in the cover of darkness. They brought the violence on to themselves. You march onto private property firing gunshots in the air (a crime) trying to intimidate people (another crime) and then throw crap at guy (a crime) and then attack him while trying to take his firearm...yeah you might get shot LOL. The 1st death should be ruled a suicide.

The only mistake Rittenhouse made was putting himself in that situation to begin with. He should have just stayed home and let insurance cover everything. In fact everyone should have stayed home because they're all idiots.

I don't think Rittenhouse owned that property, in fact, he doesn't even live in Wisconsin. I doubt he can claim self-defense here.
After the killer shot his first person (killing them), the other person involved in the incident did not attack or threaten the killer. Instead, he applied first aid to the person who was killed in a vain attempt to save his life.

The killer was not in any danger at that point and did not need to flee if he honestly believed it was self defence. Fleeing a scene of a crime is a felony, and the subsequently killed more people while fleeing a crime scene.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kyle-ritte ... wisconsin/
Unthinking Majority wrote:
If I had guns drawn on me by ANYONE I would do exactly as they said, and I certainly wouldn't reach inside my vehicle!!

ckaihatsu wrote:
And should this kind of "mistake" be routinely punished with summary execution?

Don't you think that perhaps maybe something's *wrong* in that the government solidly backs a 'guns-blazing' protocol for policing, for any given 9-1-1 emergency call, as for requiring some *social services* in a dire way -- ?
By ingliz

A mistrial with prejudice - Rittenhouse gets away with it - is the most likely outcome after Judge Schroeder's bizarre behaviour yesterday.

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 12 Nov 2021 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
By MadMonk
The prosecution trying to pare down to a lesser charge in the middle of trial seems incompetent. I get that they didn't forsee the Judge being an alt-right douchebag but it screams that Rittenhouse will get a slap on the wrist and that will be it. Trying to convict on first-degree intentional homicide is a pie in the sky idea at this stage. Failing to comply with an emergency order of curfew and a 200$ fine is where we are heading.
Igor Antunov wrote:They were rioting, they were also armed, they chased him down. He was entirely passive up until the moment 4 of them,one of them with a gun, chased him down. This trial is a farce there should be no trial.

I can understand the trial, since he went into an obviously dangerous situation with a fully loaded weapon.

The trial basically has to determine if he premeditative manner turned up with intent to cause harm since he choose to go into a dangerous situation with a fully loaded firearm, or if he really was just there to protect property.

Tulsi Gabbard believes he will get off, on the basis that the Police should have been there preventing the riots to begin with.

Pants-of-dog wrote:After the killer shot his first person (killing them), the other person involved in the incident did not attack or threaten the killer. Instead, he applied first aid to the person who was killed in a vain attempt to save his life.

When did this happen where he killed a guy giving 1st aid?

The killer was not in any danger at that point and did not need to flee if he honestly believed it was self defence. Fleeing a scene of a crime is a felony, and the subsequently killed more people while fleeing a crime scene.

How would he not be in danger when they fired gun shots in the air to intimidate him, then attacked him, then attacked him again in the street while yelling "beat him up" and a guy literally pointed a gun at him, while apparently over a dozen other gunshots were heard being fired from elsewhere at the time? Also, at no time did he run towards anyone to attack them, people ran up to him and were attacking him. He was at no time the aggressor.

When he left he walked towards the cops with his hands up and gave himself up. How are they going to get a guy on "fleeing the scene" when he went directly toward the cops while being chased by people trying to beat him and up and at least one who pointed a gun at him while tons of gunshots rang out around him.

I don't see how they're going to convict this guy on murder.
ckaihatsu wrote:Don't you think that perhaps maybe something's *wrong* in that the government solidly backs a 'guns-blazing' protocol for policing, for any given 9-1-1 emergency call, as for requiring some *social services* in a dire way -- ?

Here the wiki on Blake:

Blake had a warrant for his arrest from July, based on charges of third-degree sexual assault, trespassing, and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse.[1][12] The woman who called 9-1-1 on August 23 to report that Blake had stolen her keys was the same woman who had previously filed the criminal complaint alleging that Blake had sexually assaulted her.[13] The previous May, the woman alleged that Blake entered a room where she was sleeping near one of her children, thrust his finger into her vagina, pulled it out, smelled it and said, "Smells like you’ve been with other men."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_ ... e#Shooting

So you're going to send a social worker to resolve that situation? A guy with a warrant for his arrest? Blake resisted arrest, Blake physically fought them allegedly, their tasers didn't connect, then Blake went and reached into a vehicle. I assume the cops didn't think he was looking for a bouquet of flowers.

Sorry but if I resisted arrest, physically fought cops, and then tasers didn't work on me, my assumption is that the cops could use any means at their disposal to subdue me including shooting me.
Unthinking Majority wrote:When did this happen where he killed a guy giving 1st aid?

That is not what I wrote.

You misread.

How would he not be in danger when they fired gun shots in the air to intimidate him, then attacked him, then attacked him again in the street while yelling "beat him up" and a guy literally pointed a gun at him, while apparently over a dozen other gunshots were heard being fired from elsewhere at the time? Also, at no time did he run towards anyone to attack them, people ran up to him and were attacking him. He was at no time the aggressor.

When he left he walked towards the cops with his hands up and gave himself up. How are they going to get a guy on "fleeing the scene" when he went directly toward the cops while being chased by people trying to beat him and up and at least one who pointed a gun at him while tons of gunshots rang out around him.

I don't see how they're going to convict this guy on murder.

You probably misread.

Again, the killer was in no danger at all when he fled the first killing.
Here the wiki on Blake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_ ... e#Shooting

So you're going to send a social worker to resolve that situation? A guy with a warrant for his arrest? Blake resisted arrest, Blake physically fought them allegedly, their tasers didn't connect, then Blake went and reached into a vehicle. I assume the cops didn't think he was looking for a bouquet of flowers.

Nice try, but the Wikipedia entry does *not* describe any alleged 'fight' between Blake and the police:

Jacob Blake is an African-American man who was shot four times in the back during an arrest by police officer Rusten Sheskey over complaints of domestic violence by Blake.[12][13] The incident occurred in Kenosha on August 23, 2020, as police officers were attempting to arrest Blake. Blake was unsuccessfully tasered.[14] He was shot after he opened the door to an SUV he had been using and reached into the vehicle.[15] He survived, but is paralyzed from the waist down.[16][17] He was initially handcuffed to the hospital bed and deputies were posted in his room,[18][19] but the handcuffs and deputies were later removed and a warrant for his arrest was vacated after Blake paid a bond.[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest

---

Sorry but if I resisted arrest, physically fought cops, and then tasers didn't work on me, my assumption is that the cops could use any means at their disposal to subdue me including shooting me.

Yeah, again, this is a non-starter because it's *bullshit*.

And here's the larger socio-political *context* -- Sheskey's shooting of Blake just *added* to the long list of police violence incidents and killings that are an *epidemic* in U.S. society. It's gotten to the point where the killer cops in the U.S. is now an international *human rights* issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_ ... ted_States
By XogGyux
colliric wrote:To be honest with you I believe it essentially was self defence, but he was also putting himself in the dangerous situation to begin with.

He didn't drive there to shoot people, but he also came fully loaded.

Not sure how this will go. Looks 50/50 to me.

I'm not following this much, but this seems to me like a shit vigilante excuse.
MadMonk wrote:I get that they didn't foresee the Judge being an alt-right douchebag

Pretrial rulings

Judge Schroeder denied admission of evidence connecting Kyle Rittenhouse to the Proud Boys.

A video, taken two weeks before the Kenosha shooting, showing Rittenhouse talking about an AR rifle and wanting to shoot people was also denied admission into evidence, as were photos of him posing with known white supremacists 90 minutes after his arraignment.

:lol:
colliric wrote:To be honest with you I believe it essentially was self defence, but he was also putting himself in the dangerous situation to begin with.

He didn't drive there to shoot people, but he also came fully loaded.

He went there to murder people because the rightwing dreams of violently murdering their political enemies, hope that helps.
ckaihatsu wrote:Nice try, but the Wikipedia entry does *not* describe any alleged 'fight' between Blake and the police:

Well, according to the police union, take that for what it's worth:

The police union says that Blake was armed with a knife in his left hand, but officers did not initially see it, and he "forcefully fought with the officers, including putting one of [them] in a headlock", while ignoring orders to drop the knife.[28] "Based on the inability to gain compliance and control after using verbal, physical and less-lethal means, the officers drew their firearms," the police union added.
SpecialOlympian wrote:He went there to murder people because the rightwing dreams of violently murdering their political enemies, hope that helps.

I personally believe Rittenhouse went there to execute black people and shoot bullets at the heart of Marxism, and then organize a covert plant to hang Mike Pence for his future crimes.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]