Men see the lost cause of dating (girls don't like men) will it actully cause society to fall apart? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Crantag wrote:Our society is degenerate.

I thought I'd google all the dives I went to in my youth, I gave up. It was too depressing. They had either been gentrified or closed shop. And one, Nelson's Column in Nelson, which used to be the Imperial, 'Home of the Stars' (Rolling Stones, Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, etc.) in the 60s, had burned down. According to Google, the site's been redeveloped now and turned into sheltered housing.

:hmm:
Last edited by ingliz on 26 Nov 2021 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
ingliz wrote:I thought I'd google all the dives I went to in my youth, but I gave up. It was too depressing. They had either been gentrified or closed shop. And one, Nelson's Column in Nelson, which used to be the Imperial, 'Home of the Stars' (Rolling Stones, Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, etc.) in the 60s, had burned down. According to Google, the site's been redeveloped now and turned into sheltered housing.

:hmm:

Never give up, I hope you keep googling and do find an old haunt, and go have a beer or a root beer or gin and tonic or herbal tea, depending on your preference.
Crantag wrote:Or wait a second.

This is one of the reasons writing is so useful, to work out ideas.

I should go to that square dance (it's a weekly event, I live in hick and hillbilly land, and they have an open square dance every Friday).

I can go dance with a couple old ladies (they'll be teaching me, and shit, square dancing is kinda interesting, and I haven't done it since elementary school).

If I make a good impression, they'll want to introduce me to their daughters.

That's actually a golden plan.

Damn, that looks fairly awful, but if I can get introduced by a square dancer to a country girl daughter it might be worth it.

You should emigrate to Austria immediately. Don't bother to learn German; just use that trick I taught you of speaking English in a funny accent. But you need to get out of Hicksville right now. You're seriously contemplating attending a square dance. That's how it begins, @Crantag. You won't end up marrying someone's daughter, more likely someone's granny, and thirty years from now you'll be one of those old guys with a long white beard.... :eek:
Potemkin wrote:You should emigrate to Austria immediately. Don't bother to learn German; just use that trick I taught you of speaking English in a funny accent. But you need to get out of Hicksville right now. You're seriously contemplating attending a square dance. That's how it begins, @Crantag. You won't end up marrying someone's daughter, more likely someone's granny, and thirty years from now you'll be one of those old guys with a long white beard.... :eek:

But yeah, I think I am going to that square dance.

Afterward, I am going to the bowling alley to reserve two spots. I will bowl my right hand against my left. If I can convince one of my few friends to come along (one of my few friends conveniently literally lives a 2 minute walk from the bowling ally), I'll reserve 4 spots, and we can pit all of our right hands against our lefts (but he'll just look at me like I'm retarded and then probably say 'what the fuck are you talking about'), so maybe I oughta just go it alone. The righty against the lefty. After the square dance. That is, if a good country girl doesn't take me home.

(It's almost 6am and I've been drinking all night, I was supposed to go to work, but I texted the lady I work for last night and said no dice, and went on and drank all night long. I still have some beers. Now I'm thinking of turning on Trainspotters 2 on Primewire.ag. Fuck it. I'll drink till the morning sun and then after, and then I'll go to the square dance, after I sleep one off. Sounds like a good idea.)
I don't work much by the way, I'm self employed, and the lady I work for, it is temp farm work, I don't have any real job, I do this and that. Some under the table some over the table, the over the table shit I have to pay taxes on, which sucks, and they way overcharge dickheads like me, fucking pricks. I barely scrape by as it is. And I make shit for money.

But, I've been working for this lady on a weed farm, not her farm, she sends me to various farms. I told her I can't work tomorrow, and fuck it, it's fine.

I'm not a well to do sort.

I'm not one of these high faluting, "I have IT degrees", sorts, that you see so much around here.

I am just a former professional student, who grew up on a mountain, and failed to become a professor, but it wasn't a failure so much as I didn't want to be one, and that was the only option, because I did all my graduate work in Marxist economics (not very practical, other than if you want to be a professor, which I don't, I tried teaching, and I hated it, and I couldn't see another application. I should have studied econometrics instead, eh.)

When I say 'eh', sometimes I mean it in the Canadian sense, like this time. The last time I used it a bunch, I meant it as a different sound, which I don't know how to intimate in text.

Somewhere between 'a' and 'uh'.

Fuck text sometimes.

Well, I do have things in the works, maybe hopefully. Maybe hopefully.

For example, I heard there is a good square dance later. Maybe I'll go hit it up, as soon as I sleep one off, which will be in a bit.
I think Ive found an og trad waifu candidate. Hot, 10 years younger than me, lower-middle class. Problem is shes Iranian shia muslim so might present problems with her dad's blessing regarding relationship with a Balkan Catholic. And her english is barely serviceable. Recent (2 yrs)migrant family.

Shes hopelessly shy probably never been kissed and shes fawning.

I dont know bros. Ive already acquired her number also neither of us are meme vaxxed so i cant take her anywhere nicer than the park or for a walk on the beach. Cant hang out at my house yet shes not an easy disposable dime a dozen aussie skank.

Either way knowing my history shes probably batshit crazy. Ive never been with any woman older than 25, shes 27-maybe shes not a loony.
Crantag wrote:I am just a former professional student, who grew up on a mountain, and failed to become a professor, but it wasn't a failure so much as I didn't want to be one

You're John Boy Walton, ain'tcha? Come on, admit it! :eh:

;)
Igor Antunov wrote:I think Ive found an og trad waifu candidate. Hot, 10 years younger than me, lower-middle class. Problem is shes Iranian shia muslim so might present problems with her dad's blessing regarding relationship with a Balkan Catholic. And her english is barely serviceable. Recent (2 yrs)migrant family.

Shes hopelessly shy probably never been kissed and shes fawning.

I dont know bros. Ive already acquired her number also neither of us are meme vaxxed so i cant take her anywhere nicer than the park or for a walk on the beach. Cant hang out at my house yet shes not an easy disposable dime a dozen aussie skank.

Either way knowing my history shes probably batshit crazy. Ive never been with any woman older than 25, shes 27-maybe shes not a loony.

The way you wrote that, I could maybe interpret about, 55% of it.

But all I have to say is, I love Iranians. Every Iranian I ever met was instantly my best friend.

Maybe it is that English is not your first language, but I barely understood what you said.

You are dating an Iranian girl?

Bro, you struck gold.

Does she cook you Iranian food?

There is no better friend than an Iranian friend, all mine have been dudes, but I knew an Iranian girl in person once, and once online. All great people and great friends.

When I moved to Tokyo, my first friend was an Iranian dude. And when I moved to China, my best friend was an Iranian dude.

I think that for me as an American, and them (including their love of American films and pop culture and shit, but also the politics of "death to America"), that shit drives people together. But also, Iranians are really great and wonderful people, in all the times I crossed paths.

I couldn't really even understand you post, whether because of your lack of native English coupled with nervousness, and/or your meme-speak.

I think you are saying you are dating an Iranian chick. If so, that's a power move, and hold on to her, and treat her really nice.

Or, if you are saying you fancy an Iranian chick, take it slow, and good luck.

Ask her on a walk through the park, and if the feeling is right, give her a kiss. But wait for the feeling to be right. Or, maybe forgo that, if it isn't right, you gotta choose how to approach it, but you could even just tell her how you feel.

Maybe even go to a Lebanese restaurant, have a walk in the park, and if the feeling is right, maybe try to make a move, even if it's just talking. Just tell her you think she's so cool, and you are looking forward to see her again. Say, next time, you can choose the restaurant (you chose the Lebanese restaurant).

Tell her, let's do this again, and take your time. Wait until the feeling is right.
Crantag wrote:I never heard of him, who the fuck is that? He does not look like a guy I'd hang out with, let alone be.

You never heard of The Waltons? Why not? That show was only on just a few... a few years.... *checks calendar*.... uhh... never mind. :hmm:
Potemkin wrote:You never heard of The Waltons? Why not? That show was only on just a few... a few years.... *checks calendar*.... uhh... never mind. :hmm:

I grew up in a place without much TV. Fox didn't even come in, we had NBC, CBS, PBS, and ABC, that's it. The Simpsons is on Fox, so I didn't even get to grow up watching that. I could only watch it sparingly when I was at my cousin's house. So, I'm not very TV fluent.
Crantag wrote:Nah, I beg to differ.

Little House on the Prairie was legit. They had wagons and horses and dusty roads and shit, at least.

Meh, granted. It was a step above The Waltons, mainly because it was based on a real memoir by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Some episodes actually dealt with real-life issues of the time, such as crop failures and having to walk hundreds of miles to find casual or dangerous work, and so on. The Waltons was just anodyne shite.

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]