Prepare for fascism - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By ckaihatsu
Pants-of-dog wrote:
You two apparently believe that protecting sexual and gender minorities from discrimination is creeping fascism.

That seems illogical, ahistorical, and risible.

Keep your opportunistic swiping to *yourself*, please, and don't lump me in with the right-wing. Thanks.

I've in no way demeaned or denigrated anyone's civil rights.
By noemon
ckaihatsu wrote:I think the word I'm looking for here is 'fetishization' (of gender).

It is fetishization indeed, possibly more of virtue signaling than gender.
By ckaihatsu
noemon wrote:
Virtue signaling-dictionary.

Oh, so you're talking about *impressions* of *perceived* 'virtue-signaling' -- this can quickly get *superficial*, this impressionism-of-politics.

1. Phenomenologists reject the concept of objective research. They prefer grouping assumptions through a process called phenomenological epoché.

2. They believe that analyzing daily human behavior can provide one with a greater understanding of nature.

3. They assert that persons should be explored. This is because persons can be understood through the unique ways they reflect the society they live in.

4. Phenomenologists prefer to gather "capta", or conscious experience, rather than traditional data.

5. They consider phenomenology to be oriented toward discovery, and therefore they research using methods that are far less restrictive than in other sciences.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenology_(philosophy)

So, basically, everyone's-an-ethnographer. (grin)

I'd even go so far as to say that there's some *basis* for this alleged 'virtue-signaling', if it is indeed taking place -- consider that not everyone is habitually *pro-civil-rights*. By being pro-civil-rights for *their own* interests, albeit identity-politics-based, they're being more pro-civil-rights than the-next-person, and have so-earned some virtue, to signal, I figure.

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]