Canadian miners bringing 500 ton trucks to Ottawa for protests - Page 23 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@late While some things are similar, like the foreign funding and the lack of an grassroots support, that is where the comparison ends.

46% of all Canadians support the trucker protests, 61% of people aged 18-35 support the protests. Only the over 60's support the government against the truckers to a 70% which all things considered is still quite small.

Grassroots Canada supports the protesters unlike yourself who does not even identify as Canadian most of the time and several other foreigners in here.
colliric wrote:So the Canadian government is 100% allowed to commit Doxing attacks against them using illegally obtained private financial data?

Strawman.

Do you know why these protests started?

But public broadcasters publishing illegally hacked data allowing people to be harassed, fired and abused is somehow fine?

Strawman.

Canada has PUBLIC toilets, almost every single restaurant has a Toilet including fast food restaurants, shopping centres have toilets. Hotels, hostels and some train stations have full bathroom facilities.

…and the owners and managers are allowed to refuse service and access to washrooms to anyone they want to, including the unmasked.

Also, note the lack of any showers or baths.

USB and cigarette lighter port plug in heaters exist, and modern cars and trucks use electric heaters now. Modern Car/Truck heaters are no longer reliant on the engine being on, especially electric cars.

Since the majority of truckers do not own these new trucks, this is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that truckers and other people who breath these fumes regularly have higher incidence of lung cancer and other pulmonary disease.

Actually it was the Ottawa Police that claimed that, and no one with a brain actually believes them. They also lied about the bike attack. It was a mobility scooter and it was a senior citizen using it to defend herself.

I saw the video of the trucker putting the baby at the feet of the police.

It happened.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Strawman. Strawman.

How is it a strawman?

You are confusing yourself, if you have no answer to an argument that does not mean that you can throw the word strawman around.

Pants-of-dog wrote:It happened.

Your transition to a Trumpist happened indeed.

Pants-of-dog wrote:What is relevant is that truckers and other people who breath these fumes regularly have higher incidence of lung cancer and other pulmonary disease.

You are under the impression that imaginary strawmen like this one matter while reality doesn't.

So you are now saying that Trudeau beating down protesters is okay because of the fumes of their cars.

Not because your taxi driving was disrupted, which apparently does not produce "fumes", so going forward you will stand against all protests where people have to use cars. :lol:
Pants-of-dog wrote:Also, note the lack of any showers or baths.

Public showers exist in all major western cities. You just haven't noticed them ever, because you've probably never needed it. My city has several train stations with waiting rooms equipped with public showers. You can usually find them in or near hostels or hotels, swimming centres, leisure centres, public baths (called Public Baths for a reason!), beaches(very common here), charity organisations, airports, bus terminals...... And of course Truck Stops.

Also the truckers came prepared to camp, so they probably came with portable showers anyway, some of them have RVs with showers, and some of them probably even have relatives or friends living in Ottawa.
noemon wrote:How is it a strawman?

You are confusing yourself, if you have no answer to an argument that does not mean that you can throw the word strawman around.

It is a strawman because I never made that claim.

Your transition to a Trumpist happened indeed.

Even if this is true, this is about me and not the topic, so it is irrelevant.

You are under the impression that imaginary strawmen like this one matter while reality doesn't.

It matters to my argument because this would be considered a valid reason to take kids away from their parents if the parents were Indigenous or homeless.

So you are now saying that Trudeau beating down protesters is okay because of the fumes of their cars.

This is a strawman. Note that I never defended Trudeau. In fact, I explicitly said otherwise.

Not because your taxi driving was disrupted, which apparently does not produce "fumes", so going forward you will stand against all protests where people have to use cars. :lol:

This part is unclear to me,
Pants-of-dog wrote:
@late seems to be suggesting that there are comparable elements between then and now. While some things are similar, like the foreign funding and the lack of an grassroots support, that is where the comparison ends.

I simply meant that it was a tactic authoritarians have used before. The intent was to damage the economy, and soften up the populace for when the coup happened.

Got to say, this has been a bizarre discussion.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is a strawman because I never made that claim.

He asked you a question. It is not a strawman to be asked a question. :knife:

Do you agree with the actions of the Canadian government to dox people and trample on their privacy?

Even if this is true, this is about me and not the topic, so it is irrelevant.

It is very relevant to the topic indeed because since you use the same arguments Trumpists used to insult BLM protesters, then your Trumpist arguments cannot be taken seriously just like they were not taken seriously when used by Trumpists.

This is a strawman. Note that I never defended Trudeau. In fact, I explicitly said otherwise.

Your use of car fumes as justification against the protesters is a strawman indeed. Myself pointing out your strawman is not a strawman.

You made the fume argument, not I, if not for the topic then what for? off-topic spam? :eh:

It matters to my argument because this would be considered a valid reason to take kids away from their parents if the parents were Indigenous or homeless.

More off-topic spam that is also a strawman. Your pathetic attempts to call the protesters stupid, smelly, dirty and bad parents are more evidence of your transition to a Trumpist through your use of ad-homs to justify your attacks against your perceived enemies.

Pants wrote:This part is unclear to me

What is unclear to you?
Again, if that is really the case then you should make a thread instead of spamming this one. You should also stop pretending that the protesters have no grassroots support when a huge portion of the Canadian people actually support the protests, reaching as high as 61% support for people aged 18-35, while also throwing several insults against the protesters.

Participating in conversation means engaging in actual conversation by talking and replying to the questions posed to you as your questions are answered, otherwise you are just spamming.
@BlutoSays That's WEEKLY and is about provincial restrictions, since that is who handles the provincial healthcare mandates. Trudeau has nothing to do with this, and it's not a federal issue. Nice try making this a national issue, though. :knife:

Specifically: Residents in the Beltline neighbourhood are growing increasingly exasperated with the weekly protests against COVID-19 health restrictions in their neighbourhood.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-ne ... sturbances

Calgary is also one of the most conservative cities in Canada. The Premier who they voted in, isn't living up to their expectations(no shit... it was a mini-Trump moron).
Stun Grenades Deployed Against Ottawa Protestors: 'We Told You to Leave'

https://www.newsweek.com/stun-grenades- ... ve-1680922

Trucker protests: At least $3.2M frozen in connection with demonstrations, feds say | FULL

Ottawa residents express relief after police clear out convoy protest

How The Ottawa Anti-Vax Trucker Occupation Collapsed

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/pa ... t-collapse

Ottawa, a capital city of a million people, is largely populated by government workers and often described with adjectives like “sleepy.” Residents sometimes bristle at that characterization, but many were stunned to see the eyes of the world fixated on the dance parties, hot tub hangouts, and thousands of tons of chrome and steel clogging their downtown with apparent impunity.

Some residents lined up behind a new slogan: “Make Ottawa boring again.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/pa ... t-collapse
Telegraph wrote:
Hundreds of police in riot gear, many carrying automatic weapons, sweep through the streets to disband a protest. When pepper spray fails to disperse the crowds, mounted police charge at demonstrators. Some are arrested, their trucks towed away and their bank accounts seized.

We might expect this violent suppression of protest and emergency curtailment of civil liberties to occur in an authoritarian regime like China or even North Korea. But Canada? That bastion of liberalism, tolerance and politeness? Never. Or at least, not without an almighty outcry. Yet the measures deployed against Canada’s "freedom convoy" of truck drivers gathered in Ottawa since last month, were sanctioned by President Trudeau himself.

Imagine the uproar if, back in 2020, President Trump had frozen bank accounts belonging to key figures in the Black Lives Matter movement. Or consider the response if Boris Johnson used mounted police and pepper spray to stop Insulate Britain protesters blocking motorways. Yet when it comes to the Canadian truckers, left-wingers, including self-described liberals, have not just sat by and watched as the largest police operation in the country’s history cleared the streets, they cheered on Trudeau and applauded his emergency power grab. How do we explain this?

Many “liberals” fundamentally disagree with the truckers’ cause. What began as a campaign against vaccine mandates and passports rapidly became a protest against all lockdown restrictions. Yet throughout the pandemic, the left has been adamantly pro-lockdown. The only dissent has been to demand harsher restrictions. Of course, lockdown never actually extended to truck drivers. People required to sustain a middle class lifestyle were not only expected to go out to work but to agree that we were all in it together. Protesting lockdown restrictions exposes the lie that everyone was happy to have their freedom curtailed.

The left became suspicious of freedom, and people unleashed from restraints, long before the pandemic. But Covid has provided the perfect opportunity to ensure the general public is masked-up and socially-distanced at all times.

The truckers don’t just represent the wrong cause but they are also the wrong kind of protester. They leave their homes to work and perhaps get dirty in the course of making a living. And let’s be blunt: they are mainly middle-aged white men who are unlikely to be up to speed with the latest woke vocabulary. Gammon, in other words. The Ottawa protesters are neither flogging their own identity nor staking a claim to victimhood but fighting for something bigger than themselves. Today’s activists find this impossible to grasp.

If the truckers are the wrong kind of protesters, Trudeau is most definitely the right type of President. The woke elite recognise he is one of them: they share the same high status opinions and speak the same made-up language. (‘She-cession,’ ‘people-kind’? No. Me neither.) Despite being a white man, Trudeau evokes every identitarian shibboleth in his own defence. It is no coincidence that his go-to insult was to accuse the truckers of "hate, abuse and racism" showing how woke thinking justifies attacks on the working class. In his handling of the freedom convoy, Trudeau looks like an insecure authoritarian desperate to suppress dissent in order to hang on to power at all costs. That he is cheered on by left wing commentators as he does so is shameful.
Faux News reported it, too, @colliric

Fox News Contributor Admits to Creating Fake Story About Canadian Woman Being ‘Trampled’ to Death
Fox News contributor Sara Carter has walked back her entirely fictitious claim about a woman dying after being trampled by a Canadian authority on horseback amid ongoing trucker-led protests.

While the claim wasn’t accurate, the tweet was red-meat for her over 1.3 million conservative Twitter followers, who quickly amplified the baseless death as evidence of Canadian government wrongdoing.

“Reports are the woman trampled by a Canadian horse patrol just died at the hospital ... #Trudeau #FreedomConvoyCanada,” Carter tweeted Friday evening.

Shortly thereafter, conservatives picked up and amplified the tweet, including former Fox Nation hosts Diamond and Silk and Republican Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX).

On Saturday morning, attempting to do clean-up, the Fox News contributor admitted her reporting was false.

“The Reports I was given earlier yesterday from sources on the ground that someone may have died at a hospital during the trampling was wrong,” she tweeted.

The Fox News contributor and frequent Sean Hannity enlisted field reporter added that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”

Carter didn’t return The Daily Beast’s Saturday evening request for comment, but the fictitious tweet about the woman dying at the hospital was deleted following the inquiry.

We hear your concern for people on the ground after the horses dispersed a crowd. Anyone who fell got up and walked away. We're unaware of any injuries. A bicycle was thrown at the horse further down the line and caused the horse to trip. The horse was uninjured.
https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-contrib ... dPp_6NUith
Trudeau’s deputy, Chrystia Freeland, who is also a director of Klaus Schwab’s World Economic Forum, says she plans to make her emergency powers permanent. pic.twitter.com/g8JTCwzmqX
— Ezra Levant (@ezralevant) February 19, 2022

- - - - -

Looks like Canada might be able to freeze assets and accounts permanently under "emergency powers". All investors holding Canadian instruments should head for the exits.

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]