Canadian miners bringing 500 ton trucks to Ottawa for protests - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
noemon wrote:You 're still wrong. 46% support for the protests is mega massive and shows clearly that the vast majority of Canadians disagree with Trudeau's covid policies.
54% against the protests is even more massive, is it not? This was only a poll, mind you. It also reflects that the majority is against the protests.

noemon wrote:I do not see the relevance but you still have to provide real evidence and context. I searched on google and did not find anything.
I did post this information earlier in the thread. There's also this:

January 11, 2022
Unvaccinated Canadians trying to cross the border back into the country would have to take a test and enter isolation, while Americans without the jab would be turned away.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8503670/truc ... da-border/

noemon wrote:You have several times as has Pants and ckhaitsu. You have implied several times in this thread that isolated incidents by individuals protesters have delitigimised the protests, mimicking Trumpist arguments to the t. Any poor behavior affects the perceptions of people seeing a protest.
This does not delegitimize the protest, and if I said such, please quote where I said it, as I cannot remember stating such. I cannot speak for the other posters, of course.

It can, however, cause people to view the protests in a poor light. This was evident in BLM protests, as well, even though most were peaceful.

noemon wrote:Trumpist irrelevancy as if it delegitimises the protests or their cause. It doesn't.
That is true.

noemon wrote:Blocking the road is "breaking the law", you did not find this to delegitimise BLM despite being far worse than on Canada.
Canada has different laws than in the USA.
Ottawa police warn protesters they could be charged for blocking downtown streets
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-police ... -1.5773812

I am sure they could take a chance and probably win if they ever got to court, of course. That would be up to individual protesters of course.

@colliric one person's opinion on a foreign protest is not relevant to this discussion. I am sure he was supporting the protest and not the illegal acts committed during it. If it makes Trudeau a hypocrite, then he wouldn't be the first politician to be that, would he?
Godstud wrote:54% against the protests is even more massive, is it not? This was only a poll, mind you. It also reflects that the majority is against the protests.

No it isn't. It's incredibly small for a poll and even smaller when one accounts for the disruption caused. And if one removes the old farts of over 60's, an argument you have made several times, then it becomes even worse for your case.
The numbers are not on your side. And they were far worse with BLM which you supported.

January 11, 2022
Unvaccinated Canadians trying to cross the border back into the country would have to take a test and enter isolation, while Americans without the jab would be turned away.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8503670/truc ... da-border/

Your chinese source is vague on the matter. It says that Canada imposed restrictions on the truckers entering Canada. And it merely repeats US & global standard policy for normal citizens. Truckers have been exempt of that and your source does not say otherwise. Ergo your journalist here is engaging in propaganda.

QED, your argument is a fail and as previously mentioned irrelevant also.

This does not delegitimize the protest, and if I said such, please quote where I said it, as I cannot remember stating such. I cannot speak for the other posters, of course.

You 're chanelling PoD. Your posture and posts speak for themselves. You have called the protesters, nazis, fascists, jackasses and a whole host of other things. You have supported Trudeau's crackdown. Get a grip and be honest with yourself.

Canada has different laws than in the USA.

Are you saying that it is legal for people to block the roads in the US but not in Canada and that this makes it okay for you to apply 2 different standards? :knife:
Chinese source??? :eh: That's a Canadian owned and operated television network.

Is this a better source?

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Beginning on January 22, 2022, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise nationwide.

These new restrictions will apply to non-U.S. individuals who are traveling for both essential and non-essential reasons. They will not apply to U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, or U.S. nationals.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/coronavirus

noemon wrote:You have called the protesters, nazis, fascists, jackasses and a whole host of other things.
Yes. I disagree with the protests and think the protesters are jackasses. I have not said, however(at any time), that they do not have the right to protest.

noemon wrote:You have supported Trudeau's crackdown.
Only so far as it addresses people breaking crime, and not of the protest itself. They have a right to protest, unless they break laws. The same applies to ANY protest.

I have not seen how this "crackdown" has been abused, aside from the usual crappy police officers using strongarm tactics from horseback. Police who used excessive force should be punished accordingly.
Godstud wrote:Chinese source??? :eh: That's a Canadian owned and operated television network.

Is this a better source?

It doesn't matter, your source was proven to be propaganda. It was Canadian propaganda instead of Chinese.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
[i]Beginning on January 22, 2022, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise nationwide.

In response to Canadian measures imposed on the 15th of January. Your argument still remains a fail and a shameless lie.

You claimed Canada mimicked the US but the opposite is true.

Yes. I disagree with the protests and think the protesters are jackasses. I have not said, however(at any time), that they do not have the right to protest.

:lol: Other than calling for emergency legal powers to crack down on them. :roll:
noemon wrote:Other than calling for emergency legal powers to crack down on them.
The local police and the police chief had failed to address any of the problems associated with the illegal activities occurring during the protests, in the first few weeks.

I support the Emergency Act only so far as it addresses the lack of policing that was taking place.

At least 46 people face a total of 90 charges in the bridge blockade, which started Feb. 7 and ended Sunday, police said Tuesday.

However, it's unclear if any of the charges stem from the federal act coming into force. CBC reached out to Windsor police for more details, but they said they weren't immediately available.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his cabinet brought the Emergencies Act into effect Monday, giving more power to the federal government during a crisis. Trudeau said under the act, police are given more tools and the federal government is able to impose fines of up to $5,000 for breaking the law, pursue imprisonment not exceeding five years, or both.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/ ... -1.6352289

I shall repeat for the last time:
I support the right of the protesters to protest, but I do not support the reasons for their protest.

You have the floor.
Godstud wrote:I have not seen how this "crackdown" has been abused, aside from the usual crappy police officers using strongarm tactics from horseback. Police who used excessive force should be punished accordingly.

You don't consider the Canadian government blocking bank account access(to Donors I might add, not just protestors), stoping people from bringing in fuel and food supplies, stealing Cryptocurrency wallets(once again mainly of donors, NOT Protestors, lucky they're locked, no access!), threatening to arbitrarily remove children and pets, using financial data obtained from an illegal hacking of a US based website to dox donors, to be abuse?
Godstud wrote:I shall repeat for the last time:
I support the right of the protesters to protest, but I do not support the reasons for their protest.

For the nth time, if you supported their right to protest, you would not insult the protesters in such a hooligan manner and nor would you support the crackdown of the protesters and even more especially with emergency powers.

You 're not convincing and I truly wonder whether you are convincing yourself.

If you are about to u-turn, do it unreservedly.

Godstud wrote:but I do not support the reasons for their protest.

After spending pages insulting them, finally you post something sensical.

In all protests, BLM, India, Canada, Greece, I do not give a shit how violent they get, the only thing I and people should care about is the reasons for the protests. The cause.

So, why do you not support their reasons? Why do you believe that truckers should abide by increased Covid rules today post-pandemic than they were subject even during the peak of the pandemic? How does this make any sense to you?

Why do you believe that governments should go the opposite way and increase covid-mandates after the pandemic to levels not seen even during the peak of the pandemic? How is this logical to you?
colliric wrote:
You don't consider the Canadian government blocking bank account access(to Donors I might add, not just protestors), stoping people from bringing in fuel and food supplies, stealing Cryptocurrency wallets(once again mainly of donors, NOT Protestors, lucky they're locked, no access!), threatening to arbitrarily remove children and pets, using financial data obtained from an illegal hacking of a US based website to dox donors, to be abuse?

"Democracy is not a suicide pact."

That's an attack, not a protest.
noemon wrote:
Your hooliganism is an attack, not an argument.

Odd choice of words you have there.

The Right in 1970s Chile used trucker blockades to destabilise the economy as part of their runup to a successful coup. At the beginning, before there was a government reaction, there were big plans to do that here, by our usual suspects.

I stand by what I said...
late wrote:Odd choice of words you have there.

The Right in 1970s Chile used trucker blockades to destabilise the economy as part of their runup to a successful coup. At the beginning, before there was a government reaction, there were big plans to do that here, by our usual suspects.

I stand by what I said...

As all hooligans always do. Your whataboutism does not justify either your argument or your hooliganism in any way, shape or form.

Chilean truckers were used in the 1970's for a coup, so truckers can never protest, anywhere, ever again, for whatever reason, no matter how valid their arguments and cause is.

Wow, and you 're not a hooligan throwing molotov cocktails for sport but an intellectual conscientious objector to trucker protests. :knife: :lol:
noemon wrote:
As all hooligans always do. Your whataboutism does not justify either your argument or your hooliganism in any way, shape or form.

Chilean truckers were used in the 1970's for a coup, so truckers can never protest, anywhere, ever again, for whatever reason, no matter how valid their arguments and cause is.

Wow, and you 're not a hooligan throwing molotov cocktails for sport but an intellectual conscientious objector to trucker protests.

Not only are we in an economic crisis, our car companies are in deep doo doo.

Once our extremists realised this was happening, they were all over it. The fascists still want to overthrow the government, the guys helping them (like Koch) want to be the guys that pick up the pieces and run the country.
late wrote:Not only are we in an economic crisis, our car companies are in deep doo doo.

Once our extremists realised this was happening, they were all over it. The fascists still want to overthrow the government, the guys helping them (like Koch) want to be the guys that pick up the pieces and run the country.

I'm not interested in your conspiracy theories in the least which are effectively excuses for your open hooliganism. "I support violence against protesters cause I feel they are right-wing people whom I hate, so kill 'em all preferably". This is the extent of your argument which is factual hooliganism.

Trudeau made a mistake increasing covid restrictions to higher levels today than during the pandemic and his arrogance has brought a standstill to his country and will result to his routing in the elections.

Everything else is nonsense.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... xxing.html

Canada's state-funded national broadcaster, the Canadian Broadcasting Company, has gone through the list of 92,844 donors to contact and publicly out them.

This hacking was an illegal hack on a United States website. How is it legal for your public broadcaster to use private financial information illegally obtained in another country? This would never actually happen in Australia (it's illegal! The website themselves could actually sue the ABC for publishing this illegally obtained information). FBI is most definitely going to investigate the person who hacked it(since they publically confessed).

How is it not abuse for the Canadian government to use illegally obtained private citizens personal information and publish it using the taxpayer funded news service? This is a disgusting dangerous act of harrassment that is illegal in most countries.

Frankly the FBI should investigate weather or not your government directly funded the illegal hacking on US soil. Because it is extremely suspicious when your public broadcaster uses it to commit doxing of Trudeau's direct political opponents who donated to this cause.
Last edited by colliric on 19 Feb 2022 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:Odd choice of words you have there.

The Right in 1970s Chile used trucker blockades to destabilise the economy as part of their runup to a successful coup.

Yes and no Chilean left wing trade unionists at the time would ever have dreamt of using strikes and protests as a method of destabilising the country in order to institute a Communist / Far left dictatorship.
All of this because a minority of truckers did not want to be treated like regular citizens.

Anyway, back to my argument:

The use of children in these protests is problematic.

First of all, the kids have been staying in trucks for weeks. Trucks have no toilets, and the heat is on only when the engine is running. This means that the kids are either dangerously cold, or they are breathing a dangerous amount of exhaust.

People have also claimed that the truckers have used their kids as human shields to prevent them (the parents) from being arrested.

If these parents were homeless or Indigenous, these children would be put in the foster system.
Pants-of-dog wrote:All of this because a minority of truckers did not want to be treated like regular citizens.

All this because Trudeau wanted to assert power by increasing the covid restrictions for truckers to higher levels than during the highest peak of the pandemic.

Politicians getting drunk on power and then doubling down on it several times has been a huge issue since time immemorial.

As has the stupidity of people shielding such pathetic politicians every single time.

Pants wrote:The use of children in these protests is problematic.

First of all, the kids have been staying in trucks for weeks. Trucks have no toilets, and the heat is on only when the engine is running. This means that the kids are either dangerously cold, or they are breathing a dangerous amount of exhaust.

People have also claimed that the truckers have used their kids as human shields to prevent them (the parents) from being arrested.

If these parents were homeless or Indigenous, these children would be put in the foster system.

I agree, it is quite pathetic that people have been forced to use their children as human shields merely to assert their constitutional right to protest in a supposedly civilized & democratic western country.
Rich wrote:Yes and no Chilean left wing trade unionists at the time would ever have dreamt of using strikes and protests as a method of destabilising the country in order to institute a Communist / Far left dictatorship.

We did not do that.

Instead, we were killed, imprisoned, tortured, exiled, et cetera, by the government put in place by the people behind the Chilean trucker’s strike.

@late seems to be suggesting that there are comparable elements between then and now. While some things are similar, like the foreign funding and the lack of an grassroots support, that is where the comparison ends.
Pants-of-dog wrote:All of this because a minority of truckers did not want to be treated like regular citizens.

So the Canadian government is 100% allowed to commit Doxing attacks against them using illegally obtained private financial data?

The use of children in these protests is problematic.

But public broadcasters publishing illegally hacked data allowing people to be harassed, fired and abused is somehow fine?

Canada has PUBLIC toilets, almost every single restaurant has a Toilet including fast food restaurants, shopping centres have toilets. Hotels, hostels and some train stations have full bathroom facilities.

USB and cigarette lighter port plug in heaters exist, and modern cars and trucks use electric heaters now. Modern Car/Truck heaters are no longer reliant on the engine being on, especially electric cars. Also since they obviously came prepared (jumping castles need to be pumped up), how can you not understand that they most likely brought generators with them. In addition to firewood. Many of them brought RVs. They came with the camping mentality. Probably even brought portable stoves.

People have also claimed that the truckers have used their kids as human shields to prevent them (the parents) from being arrested. If these parents were homeless or Indigenous, these children would be put in the foster system

Actually it was the Ottawa Police that claimed that, and no one with a brain actually believes them. They also lied about the bike attack. It was a mobility scooter and it was a senior citizen using it to defend herself.
Last edited by colliric on 19 Feb 2022 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]