Canadian miners bringing 500 ton trucks to Ottawa for protests - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Unthinking Majority wrote:That's not how public infrastructure works. It belongs to everybody. Truckers have no right to sit parked in the street. That's why people are given parking tickets. And honking your horn all night to annoy people to increase your leverage is just a douche move.

I'm not saying they shouldn't protest btw, just do it within the law.

It's funny how some of those who supported the protests back in 2020 are now arguing for law and order, while some of those who were against the lawlessness of the said protests are now defending breaking the law... Even if the lawlessness of the current protests is nowhere close to what we saw in 2020.

You are of course right and I also don't give a shit about your reasons, you got no right to block public infrastructure or the like just because you are have a big tantrum.

As for the merits of these protests, overall vaccination rates are high in several jurisdictions (even in the US) to relax several of the restrictions. This could be up to local authorities at this point.
In Canada, health is under the jurisdiction of the provincial authorities.

This has been the case throughout the pandemic.

The only restrictions that Canada has placed on anyone are for people entering Canada from another country.

Do people want Trudeau to rescind that particular restriction?
Pants-of-dog wrote:The only restrictions that Canada has placed on anyone are for people entering Canada from another country.

The restriction of "be vaccinated or 2 week quarantine when you enter". However, this 'protest' has long ago snow balled beyond that. Its now a way to show frustration over Covid restrictions and disapproval of Canadian (Federal and provincial) policies and how it appears that rules are not being applied equally to politicians.

Regarding workers/blue collar/etc..
Trucks drivers, like tradesmen, can often make really good money after a couple years. 100k+ if they are independent, can fix things themselves and are busy/connected. Its (generally) blue collar, but most are far from being wage-slave workers.
Pants-of-dog wrote:In Canada, health is under the jurisdiction of the provincial authorities.

The only restrictions that Canada has placed on anyone are for people entering Canada from another country.

If the PM has no business determining the COVID response in the Provinces, they are barking at the wrong tree.
Olegen wrote:
Разговоры о секса это првильно и вести речь о нем необходимо, а вот очень много современных людей стесняються говорить о нем, но на поддержку приходят такие блоги как: анальный секс и множество другой важной информации о сексе и не только.

Of course
Pants-of-dog wrote:In Canada, health is under the jurisdiction of the provincial authorities.

Incorrect.

Trudeau made a policy effective Jan. 15 where unvaccinated Canadian truckers going into the US have to quarantine for 2 weeks after coming back into the country. That's why truckers are now protesting.

During the last federal election campaign in Sept he also announced that all 300k federal civil servants (plus federally regulated transportation sectors) would be forced to attest to being fully vaccinated (even if they've been working 100% from home the last 2 years) or else they would be put on indefinite leave without pay. He did this to create a wedge issue about vaccines while vying for re-election.

https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/ ... kforce-and

In fact, 2 of the MP's within Trudeau's own party have recently broke ranks and also criticizing Trudeau for politicizing vaccines/mandates since the last election and creating unnecessary divisiveness.

https://www.hilltimes.com/2022/02/09/qu ... und/343476
Pants-of-dog wrote:I bet no one here can tell me what was originally being protested.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... -2022.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60164561

Upset with the new measure that would require unvaccinated Canadian truckers crossing the two nations' boundary to quarantine once they've returned home, a loose coalition of truckers and conservative groups began to organise the cross-country drive that began in western Canada.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Incorrect.

Trudeau made a policy effective Jan. 15 where unvaccinated Canadian truckers going into the US have to quarantine for 2 weeks after coming back into the country. That's why truckers are now protesting.

This policy existed for everyone except truckers for a long time.

The January 15 change simply ended the exception for truckers.

The truckers knew about this since November.

So what is the problem with the policy?
Pants-of-dog wrote:This policy existed for everyone except truckers for a long time.

The January 15 change simply ended the exception for truckers.

The truckers knew about this since November.

So what is the problem with the policy?

Screw the policy. Are they subjects of the state or free individuals?

Hey, if you're vaxxed, you don't have to worry, right? The vax works. That's what you've been telling us. That's the party line. We trust you. You said it works, so you're protected. Stop worrying about others.

So here is the problem with you. You cajole and give 50 zillion "the more you know" messages. When people say no to you, then you start on with the "well, they just don't understand" messaging. Then come the mandates, threats and everything else but the kitchen sink. When that doesn't work for you, then you move to the kitchen sink. You're control freaks and people are telling you to FO.

And as usual, you're deaf. You're pushy to the point of deserving violence.
Rancid wrote:It's important to not pigeon hole you views through "left-right" dichotomy. It can blind your thoughts too much.

That said, FREE THE OMICRON! Seriously, that's not a joke.

I think I have those views down pretty well.

The left believes in the collective and the right believes in the individual.

Those who state they are republicans or conservative but keep bowing to collectivism belong on the left. (and vice versa)
Unthinking Majority wrote:Truckers now forming blockades on key bridges of trade/travel into the US is unacceptable, that's a big escalation from clogging some streets downtown and honking horns. Authorities need to grow some balls and remove them. About as weak as Portland officials putting up with CHOP/CHAZ.

That was Seattle. Just saying.
BlutoSays wrote:The left believes in the collective and the right believes in the individual.

Those who state they are republicans or conservative but keep bowing to collectivism belong on the left. (and vice versa)

That's too simplistic of an outlook on life in general.
Rancid wrote:
Nope.

There are plenty of entitled little brats that are working class. Lots of the MAGA morons fall into this camp.

I *was* tempted to squirrel-hands fight you on this one, but I think I'll instead just smugly point out that I happen to be *correct* in saying that this Canada thing isn't about the working class:

But a closer look at key “Freedom Convoy” participants reveals that many of the concerns of the protesters have little to do with workers’ rights or labor issues within Canada’s trucking industry. In fact, Convoy organizers have previously harassed workers on the picket line and ignored calls for support from racialized truckers fighting against wage theft.

https://jacobinmag.com/2022/02/canada-f ... ti-vaccine
ckaihatsu wrote:I *was* tempted to squirrel-hands fight you on this one, but I think I'll instead just smugly point out that I happen to be *correct* in saying that this Canada thing isn't about the working class:

You are changing the subject.

You said

Entitled = Rich.

I said

Entitled != Rich or more precisely, being rich is not a prerequisite for being entitled, anyone can be an entitled brat, doesn't matter how rich or poor they are.

You are wrong.

This stuff about workers is just noise you are creating to deflect from the fact you are fucking wrong in your definition of entitled.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong

WRONG
Last edited by Rancid on 11 Feb 2022 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Unthinking Majority wrote:I guess they don't like it because if you're unvaccinated and your job involved going over the border you can't work while quarantined.

I'm vaccinated but it does seem a little bit of bullshit maybe. Say you have a route where you cross the border a few times a week or even once a week. The boarder towns though you could cross a few times a week. Two week quarantine each time is not practical.

I don't really know but it seems like understandable some people are pissed. I'm not really pro forcing vaccines.
BlutoSays wrote:
Seems like the left's game of declaring something "settled science" and debate closed, and then telling people to sit down, shut up and do what we tell you isn't working anymore. :lol:

Rancid wrote:
It's important to not pigeon hole you views through "left-right" dichotomy. It can blind your thoughts too much.

That said, FREE THE OMICRON! Seriously, that's not a joke.

Jesus, Rancid, you'd agree with a ham sandwich, if it had cheese. (Yeesh!)
BlutoSays wrote:Screw the policy. Are they subjects of the state or free individuals?

Hey, if you're vaxxed, you don't have to worry, right? The vax works. That's what you've been telling us. That's the party line. We trust you. You said it works, so you're protected. Stop worrying about others.

So here is the problem with you. You cajole and give 50 zillion "the more you know" messages. When people say no to you, then you start on with the "well, they just don't understand" messaging. Then come the mandates, threats and everything else but the kitchen sink. When that doesn't work for you, then you move to the kitchen sink. You're control freaks and people are telling you to FO.

And as usual, you're deaf. You're pushy to the point of deserving violence.

You seem to have no good explanation as to why this is a bad policy.

—————————

Unthinking Majority wrote:I guess they don't like it because if you're unvaccinated and your job involved going over the border you can't work while quarantined.

A lot of people had to make this same choice and just got vaccinated.

Michael Jackson was a saint tho and still is, ins[…]

You must die on the hill of ZERO genetic differen[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipmen[…]