Isn't America great? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
late wrote:How does a guy manage to confuse horror with jealousy?

I'd shop there. Also, if you think about, this isn't that weird. Go to just about any Walmart here in Texas (especially suburban and rural Walmarts). You will have a bakery section, and a gun section under the same roof.
By late
Rancid wrote:
I'd shop there. Also, if you think about, this isn't that weird. Go to just about any Walmart here in Texas (especially suburban and rural Walmarts). You will have a bakery section, and a gun section under the same roof.

Developed countries, countries that aspire to civilisation, restrict guns, and are glad that they don't live with the constant violence we have.

Not the donuts, besides, their pastries are a lot better.
By Scamp
Rancid wrote:I'd shop there. Also, if you think about, this isn't that weird. Go to just about any Walmart here in Texas (especially suburban and rural Walmarts). You will have a bakery section, and a gun section under the same roof.

@Rancid, I believe that shop is indeed in Texas.
By Rancid
Politics_Observer wrote:For me, America will always be great even if it is not perfect. You gotta believe in your country, even when things are fucked up.

I wish I had your spirit. I'm pretty down on America right now. :lol: :hmm:

Anyway, I'm all for certain kinds of gun restrictions, but I'm also for owning guns so....
Not to brag, but we have much better doughnuts.

My current favourite high end doughnut place is Doughnut Party.

But even a run of the mill Tim Horton's doughnut looks better than those.
First of all, America is a continent ... actually, its TWO continents.

And only the USA has this kind of bullshit.

Sure, its the most powerful country on the planet, and its located in North America, with only two other countries sharing the continent. But its not "America".

About the USA being great, the USA currently has 8 out of 10 people living paycheck to paycheck, i.e. with no financial reserves. Before COVID it was "only" 4 out of 10, which already was bad enough.

And while thats going on, we're facing a massive increase of inflation in the west, thanks to our not thought out sanctions against Russia.

This is an extremely explosive mixture. I dont know in what it will end, but my money is currently on a fashism.
Nice Conspiracy Theory meme, @BlutoSays. No independent thought necessary for you! Someone, somewhere, will tell you what to think, in a meme. :lol:

@Scamp :eh: Why would anyone be jealous of having guns if you have absolutely no use for one?

Now donuts, I can get those, so I am not jealous. Was that what you were referring to, in the OP?
Scamp wrote:Eat your heart out jealous foreigners. Only in America. Image

No America is no longer Great.

This is because its corps chose to move their factories out of the nation.

For just 1 tiny example, in WWII we *delivered* 1911 steam locomotives to the USSR.

Another, we built over 300 K planes during the war, and started and finished over 15 Essex class aircraft carriers, not counting the 5 we started before Dec. 7, '41 or the 2 we finished after the war.

That was a time when America was Great. Now, it can't make computer chips. Or make PPE at the start of the pandemic.

It ranks well outside the top 10 nations in almost all categories related to the wellbeing of its people.

No, America is not now Great.

By BlutoSays
Godstud wrote:Nice Conspiracy Theory meme, @BlutoSays. No independent thought necessary for you! Someone, somewhere, will tell you what to think, in a meme. :lol:

No conspiracy; you leftists are dirty as hell. You are NOT independent thinkers. You are brain-dead morons pushing bullshit government social engineering and equal outcomes instead of equal opportunity. Anything to keep and consolidate power for your toolbags.
BlutoSays wrote:No conspiracy; you leftists are dirty as hell. You are NOT independent thinkers. You are brain-dead morons pushing bullshit government social engineering and equal outcomes instead of equal opportunity. Anything to keep and consolidate power for your toolbags.

But we have better doughnuts.
By Mike12
14 Points Woodrow Wilson 1919

VI. The evacuation of all Russian territory and such a settlement of all questions affecting Russia as will secure the best and freest cooperation of the other nations of the world in obtaining for her an unhampered and unembarrassed opportunity for the independent determination of her own political development and national policy and assure her of a sincere welcome into the society of free nations under institutions of her own choosing; and, more than a welcome, assistance also of every kind that she may need and may herself desire. The treatment accorded Russia by her sister nations in the months to come will be the acid test of their good will, of their comprehension of her needs as distinguished from their own interests, and of their intelligent and unselfish sympathy.

WHAT A STUNNING RED M'LADY!

VIII. All French territory should be freed and the invaded portions restored, and the wrong done to France by Prussia in 1871 in the matter of Alsace-Lorraine, which has unsettled the peace of the world for nearly fifty years, should be righted, in order that peace may once more be made secure in the interest of all.

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would […]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]