Amazing story - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Scamp
Look how good our country was doing with a lifelong businessman as President.
Look how fast our country went down the toilet with a lifelong politician as President.
By Godstud
It started going down when daddy's spoiled boy pretending to be a good "lifelong businessman"(LOL), pushed the "flush" button, but you were too busy cheering the racism, misogyny, and the anti-intellectualism he represented. :lol:
By late
Scamp wrote:
That Poll is dead wrong.
Lincoln was the worst president in history. And those ignorant clowns have him #1.

Somebody is an ignorant clown, but historians about history?

Rating presidents is pretty much a bad idea, but we can't resist the temptation.

But deciding who was best, that kicks it up a notch.

I prefer to break it into tiers. The excellent presidents are Washington, Lincoln, FDR.

The day FDR became president, the country was flat on it's back in a Great Depression. When he died, we were about to become the leader of the world.

Washington did an amazing job. There were people, like Hamilton, that wanted him to be king. He wouldn't hear of it.

Before the Civil War, we were a nation of states. After, we were a nation that had states. Lincoln made it possible for us to join the Modern Era. The South dug it's own grave, we just filled it in.
Last edited by late on 30 Jun 2022 17:46, edited 2 times in total.
By Tainari88
Scamp wrote:Look how good our country was doing with a lifelong businessman as President.
Look how fast our country went down the toilet with a lifelong politician as President.

I don't like either of them.

But between the two? Trump is the most dangerous. Wrestling with a Secret Service dude who suggested he did not attend a violent coup attempt area is beyond the pale. If he becomes an official violator of the law, he might be barred from candidacy. You can always go for violence and try to kill off Biden, but then the FBI will be at your doorstep Scamp. Be a hero. Go to jail for that Trump conman! or donate all your life savings to his campaign and show your dedication? :lol: :lol:
By Mike12
Scamp wrote:That Poll is dead wrong.
Lincoln was the worst president in history. And those ignorant clowns have him #1.

Well ask them about "Saving the Union" and get a lot of blank stares. Of course Lincoln said we're all Queen Victoria's kindred and Abraham Lincoln said there are no natural geographical or other divisions of this country. Of course Lincoln can basically repeat that he's the president, that's what a Union is, the actors are reporting to an actor, or are the actors assembled in an assembly. But what's the legacy, 50 states in a union or 50 states assembled. What happens if there were another Lincoln? God will find it entirely acceptable for every big Gulp sipped outside of New York for another 18 oz of blood by the sword. New York big gulp bans? Well how easy is the Jefferson Davis job again? Stop making these mythical unknown actors, right? Save the office of the Presidency, he did it, whats his title, the President that was the top President.
By MadMonk
Scamp wrote:That Poll is dead wrong.

Nope, it's a tie between James Buchanan and Franklin Pierce. They laid the foundation for the shit sandwich that Lincoln had to deal with. Andrew Johnson and Warren Harding get 'honorable' mentions. As in all things, you are wrong on this too.
By Tainari88
MadMonk wrote:Nope, it's a tie between James Buchanan and Franklin Pierce. They laid the foundation for the shit sandwich that Lincoln had to deal with. Andrew Johnson and Warren Harding get 'honorable' mentions. As in all things, you are wrong on this too.

Ulysses Grant was a drunkard and sucked too. There are plenty of bad presidents. For me Herbert Hoover sucked too. Haha.
By Mike12
Tainari88 wrote:Ulysses Grant was a drunkard and sucked too. There are plenty of bad presidents. For me Herbert Hoover sucked too. Haha.

How is it Ulysses S Grant is the Capitol Building's patron statue on the front steps and there's so much for them to figure out from him?

"Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor."
"I know only two tunes: one of them is 'Yankee Doodle', and the other isn't."
“If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other.”
The great bulk of the legal voters of the South were men who owned no slaves; their homes were generally in the hills and poor country; their facilities for educating their children, even up to the point of reading and writing, were very limited; their interest in the contest was very meagre--what there was, if they had been capable of seeing it, was with the North; they too needed emancipation. Under the old regime they were looked down upon by those who controlled all the affairs in the interest of slave-owners, as poor white trash who were allowed the ballot so long as they cast it according to direction.”
― Ulysses S. Grant

“As time passes, people, even of the South, will begin to wonder how it was possible that their ancestors ever fought for or justified institutions which acknowledged the right of property in man.”
― Ulysses S. Grant, Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant: All Volumes

“Encourage free schools and resolve that not one dollar of money appropriated to their support no matter how raised, shall be appropriated to the support of any sectarian school...Leave the matter of religion to the family circle, the church & the private school support[ed] entirely by private contribution. Keep the church and state forever separate.”
― Ulysses S. Grant

Now what would the Government of the United States look like to us if they kept the Ulysses Grant speech form of the Form 1099? Ulysses Grant knows what his machine is and he used it. The telegraph, the railway, the nuclear bomb. Now Presidents move Churches around and talk about nuclear bombs.

“The natural disposition of most people is to clothe a commander of a large army whom they do not know, with almost superhuman abilities. A large part of the National army, for instance, and most of the press of the country, clothed General Lee with just such qualities, but I had known him personally, and knew that he was mortal; and it was just as well that I felt this.”

Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your hearts, and practice them in your lives.
Hold fast to the Bible. To the influence of this Book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization and to this we must look as our guide in the future.
By Scamp
No US President ever trashed the Constitution (that he swore to uphold) as bad and as many times as Lincoln.
Lincoln should have been hanged for treason and war crimes. Instead he was shot.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
By Scamp
Here is a direct quote by the President that many of you would say is the greatest US President.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.'
...Abraham Lincoln,
September 18, 1858 In his Senatorial debate against Steven Douglas.
By late
Scamp wrote:
No US President ever trashed the Constitution (that he swore to uphold) as bad and as many times as Lincoln.
Lincoln should have been hanged for treason and war crimes. Instead he was shot.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.

The South should have been hanged for treason.

Would have done the country a world of good.
By wat0n
Scamp wrote:Here is a direct quote by the President that many of you would say is the greatest US President.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.'
...Abraham Lincoln,
September 18, 1858 In his Senatorial debate against Steven Douglas.

And yet even that wasn't as bad as the slavery Douglas stood for.
By late
""Lincoln said during the Civil War that he had always seen slavery as unjust. He said he couldn't remember when he didn't think that way — and there's no reason to doubt the accuracy or sincerity of that statement," explains historian Eric Foner. "The problem arises with the next question: What do you do with slavery, given that it's unjust? Lincoln took a very long time to try to figure out exactly what steps ought to be taken."

Foner traces the evolution of Lincoln's thoughts on slavery in The Fiery Trial: Abraham Lincoln and American Slavery. He explains how Lincoln's changing thoughts about slavery — and the role of freed slaves — mirrored America's own transformation.

"The Emancipation Proclamation completely repudiates all of those previous ideas for Lincoln," says Foner. "[The abolishment of slavery is] immediate, not gradual. There is no mention of compensation and there is nothing in it about colonization.

And by the end of the Civil War, 200,000 black men had served in the Union Army and Navy. And envisioning blacks as soldiers is a very, very different idea of their future role in American society. It's the black soldiers and their role which really begins as the stimulus in Lincoln's change [with regard to] racial attitudes and attitudes toward America as an interracial society in the last two years of his life."
https://www.npr.org/2010/10/11/13048980 ... nd-freedom
By Scamp
I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.
...Abe Lincoln
By Mike12
wat0n wrote:And yet even that wasn't as bad as the slavery Douglas stood for.

“My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”
― Abraham Lincoln
“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.”
― Abraham Lincoln
“I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.”
― Abraham Lincoln

He was saying, “Since God is for us, what adversary of any consequence can be against us?” In Romans 8:31 - Robert Dabney
"31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? "
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV

By late
Scamp wrote:
I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the States where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.
...Abe Lincoln

Without understanding the context, you understand nothing.
By Scamp
late wrote:The South should have been hanged for treason.

Would have done the country a world of good.

I guess @late is so ignorant that he didn't know that secession of states was legal. :lol:

Ireland joins South Africa in the charges of genoc[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]