The Republican Party: A Party of Fascist Totalitarianism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So, since Trump became President, it would seem that the Republican party has become the party of fascist totalitarianism. It seems that the goal of today's Republican party is to get rid of freedom and democracy in America and impose a fascist tyrannical totalitarian state upon the United States. We have seen where the governor of Florida now acts as a dictator by removing a prosecutor that was duly elected and the rightful representative prosecutor of the people of Florida. We have seen where Republicans seek to put election deniers overseeing elections in a bid to be able to ignore election results and impose candidates to rule over the American people against their will and in direct contradiction of what the results of the legitimate elections show.

This is not a party that respects freedom, democracy, and the will of the American people. This is a party of tyranny, oppression, fascist dictatorship, and totalitarianism. It cares nothing about representing the will of the people and ensuring the needs of the people are met. I have noticed that there is a new emerging party consisting of moderate Democrats and Republicans who seek to form a new party separate from the Republican and Democrat parties. Will this party become the new legitimate alternative to the Democrat party while the Republican party with its brand of fascist totalitarianism it advocates for eventually fade away? Or will they seize power and impose a fascist totalitarian state upon the United States? Thoughts anybody?
@Unthinking Majority

I am not saying "jail them all" but you have these election deniers (and you know they were helped by Democrats as part of their strategic funding efforts) who are seeking to oversee elections. That's so they can simply overturn election results they don't like and ignore the will of the people. That's totalitarianism. I do not support Democrats who fund the campaigns of election deniers. The reason they do so, is because Democrats think that those are candidates they can beat in primary elections.

However, this sort of thing rewards bad behavior in the short term by rewarding election deniers with their election denialism. That's unacceptable as far as I am concerned. Some things more important than winning elections, and that is American democracy. Both Republicans and Democrats need to understand that. So, it would seem, nobody has clean hands here.

Moreover, I was not happy to see Republicans having this authoritarian leader from Hungary coming over to speak at one of their conventions. There should be no place for authoritarians or authoritarianism in American politics. Plus, Republicans have become supportive of political violence, which is a characteristic of fascism. This is evidenced by the January 6th capital insurrection.
I agree with you.

Having Victor Orban as the star of the CPAC conference, yesterday, pretty much says it all.

Not only is he a blatantly racist fascist, most of what he says comes right out of the Nazi playbook.

Republicans are willing to burn the country to the ground, as long as they can rule over the ashes.
Politics_Observer wrote:So, since Trump became President, it would seem that the Republican party has become the party of fascist totalitarianism. It seems that the goal of today's Republican party is to get rid of freedom and democracy in America and impose a fascist tyrannical totalitarian state upon the United States. We have seen where the governor of Florida now acts as a dictator by removing a prosecutor that was duly elected and the rightful representative prosecutor of the people of Florida. We have seen where Republicans seek to put election deniers overseeing elections in a bid to be able to ignore election results and impose candidates to rule over the American people against their will and in direct contradiction of what the results of the legitimate elections show.

This is not a party that respects freedom, democracy, and the will of the American people. This is a party of tyranny, oppression, fascist dictatorship, and totalitarianism. It cares nothing about representing the will of the people and ensuring the needs of the people are met. I have noticed that there is a new emerging party consisting of moderate Democrats and Republicans who seek to form a new party separate from the Republican and Democrat parties. Will this party become the new legitimate alternative to the Democrat party while the Republican party with its brand of fascist totalitarianism it advocates for eventually fade away? Or will they seize power and impose a fascist totalitarian state upon the United States? Thoughts anybody?

^^^ Soft-on-crime jerkoff is whining. Another George Soros planted prosecutor has been dealt with!!

By the way: The Governor of Florida was "duly elected" also.

Now you have my thoughts. Aren't you glad you asked?

The Republican party is at a fork. They have to decide if they are a conservative party, or a authoritarian fascist party.

I also wonder if @BlutoSays is noticing how his deeply trusted Fox News is trying to manipulate him to move away from Trump.
Rancid wrote:The Republican party is at a fork. They have to decide if they are a conservative party, or a authoritarian fascist party.

I also wonder if @BlutoSays is noticing how his deeply trusted Fox News is trying to manipulate him to move away from Trump.

Why are they authoritarian fascist? Because they insist laws as written be enforced?

What will you do to show your displeasure? Start banning plastic straws again? :lol:
[quote="BlutoSays"]Why are they authoritarian fascist? Because they insist laws as written be enforced?[/quote]

Because they want to (and have tried) overthrow the government. Many of them cowardly stood on the sidelines, which makes them complicit. No honor, a complete disgrace...weasels.
Rancid wrote:
Because they want to (and have tried) overthrow the government. Many of them cowardly stood on the sidelines, which makes them complicit. No honor, a complete disgrace...weasels.

Who? Democrats? Of course. We all know that.

"He’s best known as Hillary Clinton’s campaign lawyer who paid for the salacious Steele Dossier in 2016, and for leading the still-controversial 2008 Minnesota Senate recount that ended with Al Franken overtaking Republican Norm Coleman — giving Democrats the 60-seat majority they needed to pass the Affordable Care Act.

He also is the architect of the 2020 Democratic legal strategy that has involved filing dozens of lawsuits across the country challenging state election laws. While his legal victories often face multiple, drawn-out challenges, his 173,000-plus Twitter followers gives him the reach to cement narratives before they’ve actually happened. His bio — “Lawyer fighting for Democrats and voting rights for all” — pits him as a man interested in politics, but not at the expense of democracy. "

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/dem ... ion-fight/
Interesting presentation by Yale professors:

Basically, the message is America is potentially going Fascist, and Europe needs to prepare for that. THis is coming from a philosophy type though, so I'm sure there's a lot he's probably getting wrong, but the general premise that America is slowly adopting fascism is on point.

@BlutoSays is probably too stupid to understand this. Clearly.

It really starts at about 13:30, the first 13min are random shit unrelated to the topic.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Rancid

Thanks for sharing Rancid. I am watching bits and pieces of this here and there as time permits.

I do wonder if we will be able to stop this wave of fascist fervor. I think one of the problem is that we have a lot of useful idiots that will get swept up by this. We also have a lot of people that simply don't understand the big picture and will be manipulated by this new fascist party. With these kinds of things, people often realize that something needs to be done when it's too late.

We'll see.
Rancid wrote:I do wonder if we will be able to stop this wave of fascist fervor. I think one of the problem is that we have a lot of useful idiots that will get swept up by this. We also have a lot of people that simply don't understand the big picture and will be manipulated by this new fascist party. With these kinds of things, people often realize that something needs to be done when it's too late.

We'll see.

Trump is the entire core of it. All the other useful idiots are mostly just puppies following behind him.
Politics_Observer wrote:@BlutoSays

Good, then, I guess we can start by jailing Trump for the crimes he has committed. I am assuming that you would be OK with it given that Trump did the crime and now needs to do the time, right?

I assume you're going to actually PROVE your case and not make it up as you go along like you always do.

Politics_Observer wrote:@Unthinking Majority

But what about DeSantis? He's pretty authoritarian, too. He seems to be another Trump. Maybe this isn't just Trump alone, but Trump was merely a symptom of a larger problem. What is your opinion @Rancid ?

I try my best not to pay attention to GOP politics in the US. It makes me ill and stupid. So you may be right, I dunno. DeSantis is a real fuckface though.

You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?[…]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]